Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 04:41

Plan: Moderate carbs
Stats: 155/151/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Another newbie question....

Hi all. Ok I have read PPL and am going to start today. I need minimum 27g protein and 7-10 EEC per meal.

Now they said they don't count carbs from eggs, ect. because they are so negligable it dosen't matter but should I count carbs from my 1/2 & 1/2 and 1 packet Splenda I have with my coffee? Not to mention count the carbs from the coffee itself as part of my meal EEC's? I drink a lot of coffee so it could add up.

Another thing is I have this recipe I made for a broccoli quiche that I have linked here from FitDay. If I am assuming this right if I have a serving of this I need to add at least another 8g protein to the meal?

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...l?Owner=Camilea

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 05:58

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Someone else just asked this. See my response in the other thread:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=179586
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 08:12

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

hi there,

i count everything. it all adds up. plus i use fitday to count carbs and calories and protein are all in there.

carbs in 1/2 and 1/2 and splenda will most deffinetly add up when you drink so much coffee.

as far as adding more protein. i think i would if my other meals in the day were not over the minimum. if i ate the minimum at each meal and one meal was short, add protein. if i ate over the miminum at one meal and under at the next i wouldn't worry about it as long as you get the requirement fot the day.

please remember these things are what I would do. everybody is different. some people don't like counting every little think they put in their mouth and loose just fine. some people stall and start adding things up and find out they were indeed eating too much of this or that.

good luck
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 21:52
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 180/148/130 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:unknown
Progress: 64%

hi welcome aboard. I have been doing pplp for a few months and am stuck at 148. I figure my body will find it's own level and do what it wants anyway. As long as I don't go over 35 ECC'S I shouldn't gain it back.You know as long as you count everything including cheese and eggs you should do fine.Make sure you subtract the fiber, and you will get an accurate count. Also make sure you drink your water, and take your supps, they are important. Good Luck I know you'll do fine, Judy