Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Sun, Oct-03-04, 22:25
coffee...yum!

Plan: Who knows
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6
BF:oh/my/gosh
Progress: 22%

No offense Luvley....but have you even explored this forum yet??? There is a world of helpful information on here....but yet you seem stuck in this thread. I also hate to be blunt...but I feel you want everyone to help you so that you don't have to help yourself. Have you even checked out Built's wonderful info in her journals Prolly not by the looks of it.
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 18:31
Smilie Queen

Plan: Atkins/SB
Stats: 140/128.5/? Female 5'5"
BF:33%/27/22%
Progress: 60%

I just happened to come across this thread and have been humbled by the kind people who are trying to help this person, it shows me I have a long way to go.

Luvley, I do not mean this harshly but I am a blunt person. It may be time to grow up a little bit and take responsibility for your life. I see a lot more issues here than just your eating habits or lack thereof. Honey, read the book you have. It has all of the information you need to be successful. I think it is a red flag that you want a lot of personal correspondence that no one else can see. What that says to me is you do not want to be accountable or hear anything that could in any way be construed as criticism. You have gotten a lot of other good advice, I suggest you take that along with searching the forum and reading.
  #183   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 11:00
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
How do i start my own Journal?

Is the forum software nagging you to post an introduction post? If not, go to the Introductions/Newbies Questions forum. The instructions are there.
Also, check out the Comments Box/Techincal Questions forum. The "Check here first" thread has all kinds of help on using the forum.
  #184   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 14:28

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong (now that's pretty typical! Sigh, the first step is admitting I have a problem):

Luvey, you say some very contradictory things. One thing that jumps out at me is that you say you have no money for a couple new pairs of pants, which is why you "have" to lose 10 lbs. But the next thing you know, you've joined a gym.

?????

Luvey, I think maybe what you need is for somebody to listen to you. I don't think this is about weight, it isn't about pants, it isn't about whether you should stop eating at 5:30 PM or 5:32 PM. I think you need some attention that people can't really give you here, at least not long-term. Maybe if you found someone to sit down and talk with? You have a lot to say, a lot to get off your chest, but nobody here is a therapist (and I mean that gently)...we all give eachother advice based on very, very, very limited information...I mean how much do we really know about eachother? What if we all tell you to go ahead and lose those 10 more lbs. but we don't know that you've secretly been bingeing? (Not saying YOU have, just saying "you" as in anybody, in any circumstances, posting on a message board; and just trying to give a for-instance).

I am somebody's mommy and that's why your posts seem to me to be a young girl just asking somebody to listen to and pay attention to her. But you know, a lot of people here are investing a lot of time (with repetitive posts, answering the same questions over & over again) and a LOT of emotion because people are worried about you...or at least worried based on the limited amount we believe we know about you.

You have a few things to sort out...and that's no crime...almost nobody comes through childhood unscathed, and this time is a very transitional one for you, and hard to deal with. I'm just putting it out there that maybe you can make a call to someone and see if you can start seeing perhaps a therapist. Nothing major, just to talk.

I know you have no insurance but you can go to a doctor instead of paying gym dues...cancel your gym membership & work out from home. There is always a way. I will be thinking about you. I hope it all turns out okay for you.