Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 19:52

Plan: Carb Nite Solution
Stats: 22/14/06 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 50%

LOL. I can try but I'm not a counter or an exact at anything person. When I'm not on the kindle I'll try to figure out how to link you to the files. It's just a list of 36 files I think. There a r e a few very nice folks. Two were always right on it to answer my ?'s.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 20:00
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Chelle
LOL. I can try but I'm not a counter or an exact at anything person. When I'm not on the kindle I'll try to figure out how to link you to the files. It's just a list of 36 files I think. There a r e a few very nice folks. Two were always right on it to answer my ?'s.

I agree and know the same 2! I know PAULETTE would love the ability to see the podcasts etc.. she is the master stat person... I track but all these porblems! You are great suppport and can get us the cut and dry real world answers.. you have been doing this and know the plan to cut to the chase for us. SO, you are crowned the go to gal here!
I am having one of the 2 oranges i have. It is quenching my thirst and adding good carbs and sugars.. I hope that is good. I cannot go to 8 hours on this thing! If I have to I will go to sleep early LMAO!!! It is 8pm so 2.5 hors of eating to go??? WHAT DO AI EAT???
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 21:40

Plan: Carb Nite Solution
Stats: 22/14/06 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 50%

You don't have to eat for 8 hours. Just spike the carbs a few times in those 6 to 8 hours a few times. If I'm hungry it's a lot. If I'm not its not a lot.

Example: 3 pm rice crispy bar and milk. Dinner, let's say a chunk of beef, a scoop of Mac and cheese, maybe a bun. Closer to bed a treat like cheesecake or a slice of pie with milk. Sometimes it's more or less.
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 21:54
Registered Member

BF:

well, I am not sure if these #s are good or what.. ALL I know is I cannot take inanother bite. I ended with a strawberry.
here is the break down:
CALORIES:1948
FAT:55.8g /26%
CARBS: 299.1 /59%
Protein: 73.7g / 15%

somehow it ence up with the fats about double the proeins and that is usually what I want but iis it OK for a CN???

I have half those calories or less usually!!!
and my carbs are normally under 15 total carbs!!!! OH BOY....

SHIVER ME BRITCHES :O
  #95   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 06:17

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Good Morning fellow CNSers

After my disgusting carb nite, I awoke early to feed the hungry monster cats, then went to weigh myself.

Starting weight...207.4
Today's weight....209.6

So a gain of 2.2 lbs after Carb Nite. I really thought it would be more. But at least I know those glycogen stores have been filled and I am hoping the metabolic rate will be boosted and all the hormones will be kicked into fat-burning mode as predicted. Time will tell as the week goes on...

Chelle, I had planned to have protein with my dinner, but I was simply too sick and full to even have any. My 2 little pieces of pizza were all I could handle. Next week I will know how to plan it better for sure! I know this will be a trial and error thing until I get the hang of it.

Cricket - I am sure I had enough time and carbs in for the night. I started at about 12:30 and went until 6:30. I really could NOT have eaten more, and I was tired! More than normal. Those carbs did a number on me! I had even woken around midnight to pee, and I had a bit of a tummyache. But I felt FINE when I got up this morning just before 4am. I feel great now! I can't wait to read how you are adjusting after the nite!

So back to normal today, and I am very happy for that! This carb nite does NOT make me want to keep binging. Not at all. I am very happy for that!

Coffee with cream this morning. A couple eggs with some leftover turkey late this morning. Lunch will be a chicken breast on spinach salad with homemade avocado dressing. Dinner is a burger patty. Some homemade yogurt is planned for a snack. Back to the normal menu with cals around 1200-ish for the next week.

I am expecting my protein powder to arrive today or tomorrow. That will help so I don't have to make eggs and stuff in the am.
  #96   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 08:14
Registered Member

BF:

gm..ugh.. hadachey which is not uncommon.. neck realated...coughing up a storm form the gluten items..back to gluten free for me.No breads or hotcakes.Rice cakes yes.

Have not gotten on the scale but let's face I KNOW there is flux there LOL! Just took my pills with a could of sips of water and will weigh in as i usually do in a little while.

PAULETTE>. happy you are GREAT!!! I jpin you in no hint at all of eating one more CN food!!! Next time I will make the foods a lot less.THis takes some getting used to.

BBL
  #97   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 10:06
Registered Member

BF:

weight is of course up not as bad as I thought it could be..+1.6 is all.... I do not want anything that hints of CN food!! UGH... no problem staying on plan.
I will follow Paulette's lead on the posting data:
I began this plan 10 days before the CN. My weight was 171.2

morning of CN 164.0.... this morning 165.6

I was HOT last night more than usual!

OK.. now to deal with CN #2 plans! It will be another 10 day between since we are out of town and on the road back...I am not having what I had yesterday! I think proein shakes for breakfast is fine withthe HC..Dinner is pizza night. Not crazy about that but it will work. I can have protein drinks to take care of that stuff..

NOW to crete a reasonable cheat chart.... does anyone have a good grip on this yet???
I keep trying to find this well explained easily in the book but it seems to wander around...
first meal is normal stuff.... and then the first spike meal begins low fats later morning or lunch??...???? fats reduce spikes i read someplace..so this sets us up for later... good higher carbs and low fats..... 6-8 hours of foods that are high carbs and fats held until later in the time frame...

SO... how does this sound.... protein breakfast drink.... lunch carby stuff... rice cakes and HB egg??? HB egg is N... rice cakes no fat... then the pizza ( plain cheese) and then I can have my bananas and oranges??? I will get one of those brownie cookies from the pizza place for my stupid things and I have a lot of Hagandaas Ice cream.. only a small container but I had maybe 1/4 cup of it. How does this sound???? HELP!

Last edited by cricket56 : Fri, Feb-19-16 at 10:12.
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 11:36

Plan: VLC - Atkins Style
Stats: 260/218/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket56
DUSTI.. yes we have horses here.. JODI is a grand Priz level dressage rider/medalist..teaches, judges, gives clinics. Began showing at about 5 on my Arab mare in Western pleasure and then went quickly to saddle seat.. she saw it and loved it at age 5.5! Circiut rider there and top 4% in country at one time park saddle horses.. we had Morgans.Now she has COTTONWOOD EQUESTRIAN CENTER.Boards and trains on a limitied number .I could go on and on!She is showing a new Dutch warmblood and her TB gelding, and had recently sold an Imported Fresian for this Imported warmblood. Better deal on this end!
TOO bad you are not near here.. we need riders for the horses for free!!!!

Wow, how cool is that! Does she have a website? I'll have to check it out if she does. I've always ridden western, but not competitively. I did race in the barrel circuit for a couple years and did pretty well. Actually, my horse did well, I just held on. Do you ride too, Cricket?

Sounds like our CNers did pretty well last night. Thanks for being the group guinea pigs! I think I am going to stick to two carby meals and a late dessert when I do mine. A big bowl of cheerios sounds really good to me. I told my bf, Craig, about the plan and he is EXCITED for my carb night. My low-carb eating drives him a little nuts.

Not sure how we are tracking weight and meals here, but for me....

Weight
2/18/16 - 219.4
2/19/16 - 217.8

2/18/16
Breakfast - coffee with HC, 1 cp homemade yogurt, 1 grapefruit
Lunch - Baked pork chop, steamed green beans
Snack - Coffee with HC
Early Dinner - Baked pork chop, chard salad with oil/vinegar
Late dinner - roasted veggies w/olive oil, grapefruit

Maybe a little carb heavy?? I need to check the numbers.
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 11:37

BF:

CRICKET - according to what I read, your plan seems fine. As long as you get 6-8 hrs of carb eating in. The book suggests starting around 4, but that would mean having to stay up until 10pm - midnight! I could never do that, and if you are like me, rising very early and going to bed early, we need to time this so we start around the average lunchtime for most.

I eat my actual lunch very early, around 9-10am. My dinner is always around 2-3pm. I may even have a snack around 4-5pm and I am in bed by 7pm. Which is why I started my CN at 12:30pm yesterday.

Next week, I will follow the same schedule, but my food timing will be much different. Yesterday I ate too much at first, which made it difficult to eat for the rest of the day. Next week I will start with my Cream of Wheat, but I may have a little bit more, since yesterday it did not fill me and that is why I scarfed the gol-dang cookies. Next week I want to be hungry for my actual dinner! I have no idea what it will be right now, but I should plan for it soon. Maybe something like lasagna? We have not made that in centuries, and I am sure Ed will approve! Then I can plan on something sweet before bedtime and not feel like I am forcing it. I have no ideas for it yet.

I also felt hot last night, just as Keifer predicted. But I am sorry you are feeling crappy this morning. I am quite the opposite.

I hope you feel better as the day goes on!
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 11:41

BF:

HW - I would definitely ditch the grapefruit. 22 net carbs in a grapefruit. With the rest of your veggies, you will be over 30.

Just a suggestion.
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 12:31

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
HW - I would definitely ditch the grapefruit. 22 net carbs in a grapefruit. With the rest of your veggies, you will be over 30.

Just a suggestion.

Oh gosh. Thanks for checking on that for me. The grapefruit will go! I think I'll skip fruit all together. It's just sugar in skin!
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 12:48

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I remember one of my first Carb Nites. I didn't get up till almost 3 p.m. the next day! I was definitely in a carb coma.

Today I've snacked on some pork rinds and had leftover cabbage and beef casserole for lunch (ground beef, bag of coleslaw and can of tomatoes). Not sure what supper will be.

Looking forward to carb nite tomorrow. Will be going to a Scottish pub for supper. Will be the first time, so not sure what's on the menu. Apparently they are known for awesome fish and chips. May have that with some soup to start. To kick it off will probably be cereal and milk. To finish the night I want a Cadbury Easter Crème Egg McFlurry from McDonald's and some mini brownie bites with whipped cream.
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 13:39
Registered Member

BF:

HI CNers DUSTI..or HW ...yes, I ride.My horse is named COOKIE..a real PIA spoiled show horse that has not been shown since I bought here 5 years ago...just all attitude but she is a doll to be around just a real rodeo to ride if not ridden daily though! It was my horse farm that Jodi grew up on and I was her isnstructor until she got way ahead of me! She got into advanced riding/dressage and she is amazing. Barrel racing is poular out here too.
YES< drop that fruit.. save it for CN! few strawberries would be fine so low in nc. PAULETTE is my official COUNTER!!!! I never met another erson so amazing with the stats and counts!!! TY PAULETTIEOH and you and PAULETTE make your own YOGURT!!! WOW
Your food sounds good to begin light. I think a bowl of FARINA with some HC and raisens and a dab of butter is up my alley..forget that heavy pancake mess! I keep changing my mind but the pizza and cookie is staying!I will get that and freeze it before I leave on Thursday to make sure it is here.
this keyboard sucks rocksskips letters and I am bad enough on my own!!!! SORRY but the typos will never be gone

GLENDA...I am here at MC D's while Carl does his check book...I had double cheese burger no bun and diet soda and am stuffed. I cannot imagine eating large quantities today or ever again!!! Your food s sound great so enjoy..... Canned tomatoes are not high carb??

JODI is doing well on this... I am her reporter!
Oh Dustihappy Craig is happy with your CN stuff...but it doesn't matter how HE feels! It is how YOU FEEL Having the support is wonderful no matter how it gets to you! Carl needs to lose weight and is happy when I am doing whatever makes me happy.He loves his food.Never saw anyone that really was INTO the way it was resented or the fact that he actualy notes how the foods are combined on a sandwhich proportions of evertything! NOT ME! LOL !
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 14:33

BF:

Quote:
HI CNers DUSTI..or HW ...yes, I ride.My horse is named COOKIE..a real PIA spoiled show horse that has not been shown since I bought here 5 years ago...just all attitude but she is a doll to be around just a real rodeo to ride if not ridden daily though! It was my horse farm that Jodi grew up on and I was her isnstructor until she got way ahead of me! She got into advanced riding/dressage and she is amazing. Barrel racing is poular out here too.

Cookie! What a sweet (carby) name for a horse. Is she a warmblood? I was leasing this big draftX named Bailey. She was a pain in the backside too. I ended up doing more training of her than pleasure riding and decided I didn't want to PAY someone to train their horse for them. She was a big, beautiful girl though.

The fruit is history! Luckily it's grovery shooping day so I can start fresh. I'll get some whey protein too.

Quote:
OH and you and PAULETTE make your own YOGURT!!! WOW

That's cool! How do you like your yogurt, Paulette? Mine varies in consistency - sometimes I eat it and sometime I drink it but it always tastes pretty good.

Quote:
I think a bowl of FARINA with some HC and raisens and a dab of butter is up my alley..forget that heavy pancake mess!

Jmo, but I think it's good that you eat the most deliciously appealing food that falls within the guideline for CN. I think Abel ? from the Wild Diet (similar concept) speaks of this. He says to eat the very best, most enjoyable food you can on your cheat nights. I want to get a cream filled, raised donut from VooDoo donuts!

Quote:
JODI is doing well on this... I am her reporter!
Yeah Jodi!

Quote:
Oh Dustihappy Craig is happy with your CN stuff...but it doesn't matter how HE feels! It is how YOU FEEL Having the support is wonderful no matter how it gets to you! Carl needs to lose weight and is happy when I am doing whatever makes me happy.He loves his food.Never saw anyone that really was INTO the way it was resented or the fact that he actualy notes how the foods are combined on a sandwhich proportions of evertything! NOT ME! LOL !
He's just happy that he can eat carbs around me one night a week without feeling any guilt. Lol. He is supportive though, and smart enough to never comment on my weight or what I eat. Sounds a lot like your Carl. He pays close attention to his food!
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 16:33

BF:

HW - I make my yogurt using only 1/2 -n- 1/2, incubate it for 8 hrs, and let it sit overnight. It is always very thick, like greek yogurt style thick. I like to drain the whey that collects daily, and the carb count only gets lower day by day. Since I eat it almost everyday, I make a batch every 4-5 days.
Closed Thread