Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 12:46
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 120/113/110 Female 5'2''
BF:23%/22.5%/18
Progress: 70%
Default Gaining weight back

Dear shai,

Thanks for the information, the point is that I really want follow atkings regarding the FF, but the point is that I do not want to lose to much, I am nearly on my goal, I am happy just like that. But at the same time, I think that the key is to go gradually to a low carb, reduce calorie maintenaince, so I am thinking abot doing the modified ff for a few days and check my progress.

I think one of the success keys of the FF is also the reduced calories, we cannot it like 3,000 or 4,000 calories just because we are following Atkins or SBD. A rational amount of calories is also (under my point of view) a way of not gaining everything back .

Looking for your input and other experts.

Saludos

Agua
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 14:15
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I know I shouldn't say this, but is a fat fast really worth it to lose 2 lbs? It does say in the book that it's ONLY for those who are metabolically resistant and can't lose any other way...and I'm not sure losing the last 2 lbs really falls under this category?
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 19:10
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 120/113/110 Female 5'2''
BF:23%/22.5%/18
Progress: 70%
Thumbs up fat fast

dear potato free:

Hope other people be with me regarding this. For those who have a lot to lose, 2 pounds is nothing, but who those (like me) short and not overweight, 2 pounds means a lot!. So, if really I am guaranteed that I am going to lose 2 pounds in one week, I go for it.

Secondly, I lost four pounds in three days, that for me, who has been stalled for two month (even gaining weight) it' s great.

Just that, if there is something like the FF, it is worth to try it. Specially because I like the type of food I eat and I have a cup of veggies at dinner ( I could not eat without my daily veggies).

I have one more day left, let's see what the scale says tomorrow and on sat, I am commited to start the modified fat fast.

Saluditos

Agua
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 19:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/145/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Agua Fresc, you're right in your reply to Potato Free. The weight loss is far more than 2 lbs! Most lose anywhere from 6 -12 lbs in the first week alone. (meant to be done for approximately a week and an half total). So this isn't just for a quick 2lbs as Potato Free put it.
The fat fast isn't for general weight loss. It is for those who have been stalled for 6 wks or more (therefore metabolically resistant).

As for the caloric intake, I agree, it's important not to overeat when doing low carb, even being on low carb. I think eating enough green veggies and drinking enough water will help to prevent excess caloric consumption. Good luck to you Agua Fresc. Let me know how the fat fast continues for ya!