Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Thu, Nov-02-17, 04:21

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

JO that is one cool pumpkin pic you posted. Nice art job on it! Your bro did good

DE, I read you are having busy time slap you in the face also.
Hope it gets less crazy for you soon.

Bernie, ya know turkey was never a big draw for me. I think a steak has my name on it for turkey day this year LOL

HI GUYS
I am doing good.
Getting alot of things done.
Not getting on the computer other than for researching some stuff I have to do actually surprised me how much I got done so far.

Plus hubby is away at the hunt cabin. He got 2 deer. Freezer will be stocked full. I am not a deer meat fan but he loves it and eats on it like crazy, and kiddo likes only the best deer steak part and won't do the burger or sausage he has the deer processed into but he so enjoys the hunting time.

I am a big old pile of grilled shrimp the other day. YUM! I think I want to incorporate more seafood. I just love it. Gonna check the stores for some fresh scallops and give that a go...I usually cook them too long and they get too darn hard chewy type so I am gonna work on me and scallops and try to cook them just right this time LOL

I will be around
Ya can't get rid of me easily HAHA

I love reading you guys are doing fine! I am warrior strong also. I think of the thread every day and you warriors are with me even if not posting every day like before.

take care all and have a fine day!
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-17, 03:19
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Friday, 3 November 2017

Happy Friday, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

It comes down to ONE simple thing…
How BAD do you WANT it?

~ unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

OMG, I wake up with a mild sore throat & a mild fever this morning... hope Imma not coming down with the crud that's been plaguing our school!

I seriously CAN NOT call in sick b/c we've got that celebration event with Governor Martinez & the Sec of Ed this am and my guitar kiddos are playing!

Truly a once in a life time opportunity!

Hope it's just a case of stress/nerves over this event and nothing else... Imma not really stressed as much as anxious...

I'll be glad when it's over and just another chapter in this book called life!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO that is one cool pumpkin pic you posted. Nice art job on it! Your bro did good
Thanks and I agree!
Quote:
I am doing good.
Getting alot of things done.
Not getting on the computer other than for researching some stuff I have to do actually surprised me how much I got done so far.
Hopefully you'll get everything done quickly and not have to delay posting in here!
Quote:
Plus hubby is away at the hunt cabin. He got 2 deer. Freezer will be stocked full. I am not a deer meat fan but he loves it and eats on it like crazy, and kiddo likes only the best deer steak part and won't do the burger or sausage he has the deer processed into but he so enjoys the hunting time.
That's great that he's bagged 2 deer! Imma not a big fan of deer meat either. To each his/her own right??
Quote:
I am a big old pile of grilled shrimp the other day. YUM! I think I want to incorporate more seafood. I just love it. Gonna check the stores for some fresh scallops and give that a go...I usually cook them too long and they get too darn hard chewy type so I am gonna work on me and scallops and try to cook them just right this time LOL
Imma right there with ya, Karen! I seafood too! Can't get nothin' but frozen here, I'll occasionally buy the "freshly" frozen shrimp & cook up a batch...

Have you ever made your scallops wrapped in bacon? Here's a simple recipe:

https://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-...apped-scallops/

There are tons of recipes online...
Quote:
I will be around
Ya can't get rid of me easily HAHA
HEY we DON'T wanna get rid of you!
Quote:
I love reading you guys are doing fine! I am warrior strong also. I think of the thread every day and you warriors are with me even if not posting every day like before.
We'll be here and like I said before, post when you can!

Berni and De:
Hope you two are doing well! Make time to this w/e to just chil-lax and take care of YOU!
  #183   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-17, 07:24

BF:

JO Hope that is just something simple and it goes away fast cause kids around here are starting to pass a bug also. So far kiddo says her school isn't going down too fast but you know schools!! Fever tho to me means you are fighting some kinda bug for sure, treat the symptoms best you can and rest all you can when ya can Yea, basic advice HAHA

Yea hubby grew up on deer meat. Kiddo did too but she is super particular on her few pieces she will eat. Just the best part of the steak and only a little but hey, at least she goes there cause I think it is good she is the kind to try stuff and me being a Northerner and no hunters in the family, my first taste of deer was when I got down here and yuk. I taste the gamey no matter HOW ya marinate it HA

I tell ya tho since hubby loves it I save big on meats. Like he gets it processed from our friend Kevin who owns a custom meat biz and he gets steaks, hamburger meat, sausage made and a few small roasts. I make him whole meat loafs out of the burger and he takes leftovers to work etc and it just keeps me from buying more at the checkout. Hey will take what I can but for what he DOES spend on his hunting times, lol, I think I am in the hole thru it all but he loves it.

No I don't bacon wrap scallops. for some reason I hate the combo of that?? huh?? even if out and hubby orders the bacon wrapped anything I peel off the bacon and just eat the seafood, yet I love both but hate them together...go figure??

I am SO particular on MY food which is why I love to just hang home and do my own thing my exact way.
One thing I am fine on most times is ordering a bacon cheese omelet when out and about, most times they can't screw it up but yea, I had my share of lousey ones out there

ALL good here. HI DE and Bernie

off for groomer for dog
made breakfast and lunches for 2 days of hubby's work, he is coming home today and has to work 2 days then off again.

a few run here and there things, the usual

take care all
  #184   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-17, 10:53

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

How are you doing today?

Didn’t get a break today had to work straight through and pick up grandkiddies! Today’s some big launch 🚀 at AT&T.

Jo.... feel better my dear friend. By the way I forgot to tell you I Luv your latest project that you posted it is very beautiful!
Karen... So good to hear from you. Husband got 2?deer that is awesome! A freezer full of meat how fabulous! I do luv fish but pricy here. Heck the head of iceberg lettuce was up at 2.99 crazy.
Hello De miss you hope all is well.
Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #185   ^
Old Sat, Nov-04-17, 03:40

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Jo... I hope you are feeling better. I also hope the presentation on Friday was fabulous!

Hello to Karen and De!

Have a spectacular Saturday and take care of yourself!
  #186   ^
Old Sat, Nov-04-17, 05:50

BF:

WOW Bernie a head of lettuce at 2.99! My goodness. Ours was on sale for .89 a head.

yea he told me he shared some meat with the other hunters that didn't get a deer so not sure how much is left but it will be a good haul tho.

You find some rest this weekend my friend!!!

HI GUYS
rainy icky kinda day. rained hard last night, not sure if kiddo and I can get out and roam today or not.
nothing much planned, this and that.

great day all
  #187   ^
Old Sat, Nov-04-17, 07:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Saturday, 4 November 2017

Happy Saturday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally spectacular day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

GOOD things do NOT come to those who WAIT.
They come to those who WORK their asses off & NEVER give up!

~ unknown

My rant:
Yesterday's event was totally UNDERWHELMING! The governor couldn't find the TIME to come down so she sent down the Lt. governor. What a wasted day for an event that lasted 45 mins.

The Sec of Ed designate seems to be a decent man, at least he has teaching experience! Not like our last one who's only teaching experience was as an honorary professor doing a 1 hour lecture! But then, he's hand picked by the governor so he spouts her rhetoric... "we support teachers and students" blah blah blah... they aughta put their money where their mouths are!

End of rant!

My guitar kiddos did SPECTACULAR! One of my friends recorded the audio, so hopefully it came out and I'll be able to share some of it here...

I was totally wiped out after we came back. My sore throat was worse and I couldn't even speak. Everyone said how pale I looked. Went to the school nurse and I had a fever of 101. So I took the afternoon off. Picked up the Chico dog, went home and promptly fell asleep. Didn't wake up until this morning at 4 am. Gosh, that was like over 14 hrs I slept! I guess I really needed it.

I still have a sore-ish throat, temp down to 100, not feelin' really bad, but not feelin' myself, KWIM? Didn't prevent me from doing my plank, push-ups & wall-sit this morning! So that's good!

Gonna drink lots of water to stay hydrated and I'll take a nap after I do my normal w/e chores today!

Didn't eat yesterday, not even hungry now. I'll do a 48 hr fast (not on purpose) since I won't eat until after 5 pm today, like normal.

Karen:
Quote:
JO Hope that is just something simple and it goes away fast cause kids around here are starting to pass a bug also. So far kiddo says her school isn't going down too fast but you know schools!! Fever tho to me means you are fighting some kinda bug for sure, treat the symptoms best you can and rest all you can when ya can Yea, basic advice HAHA
Thanks for the medical advice, Mama Karen!

Yeah, I totally get the entire petri dish concept of schools: and you're right, when a bug hits, it can affect the entire school, students and staff since we're all stuck together in small spaces breathing the toxic bug-ladden air!
Quote:
Yea hubby grew up on deer meat. Kiddo did too but she is super particular on her few pieces she will eat. Just the best part of the steak and only a little but hey, at least she goes there cause I think it is good she is the kind to try stuff and me being a Northerner and no hunters in the family, my first taste of deer was when I got down here and yuk. I taste the gamey no matter HOW ya marinate it HA
Yeah, I don't like the gamey-ness either... and like you said marinating it doesn't seem to camouflage it one bit, at least to me...
Quote:
No I don't bacon wrap scallops. for some reason I hate the combo of that?? huh?? even if out and hubby orders the bacon wrapped anything I peel off the bacon and just eat the seafood, yet I love both but hate them together...go figure??
yeah that's weird, girlie b/c I know you love bacon too... but I understand the combo thingy...
Quote:
I am SO particular on MY food which is why I love to just hang home and do my own thing my exact way.
Same here and then there's the huge point that we KNOW exactly what's in the foods we prepare at home... somewhat more of a mystery at eateries, JMO!

Change of topic:
So how's the number crunching going to have Tony retire early??? You know we all wanna know!

Didn't you say you were experimenting with the retirement $$$ amount; seeing if you can afford to live on just that?? Which to me was/is an awesome plan...
Quote:
rainy icky kinda day. rained hard last night, not sure if kiddo and I can get out and roam today or not.
nothing much planned, this and that.
Well it is Fall, Karen, that kinda weather is usual right? We're having unseasonably decent weather here, low 70s and during the day and low 40s at night. I'll take it!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Didn’t get a break today had to work straight through and pick up grandkiddies! Today’s some big launch 🚀 at AT&T.
Gosh, that makes for a long-azz day if you didn't get a break!
Quote:
Jo.... feel better my dear friend. By the way I forgot to tell you I Luv your latest project that you posted it is very beautiful!
Thanks, my friend! I so enjoy knitting the little sweaters! So much fun coming up with color combos and cable stitch designs!
Quote:
I also hope the presentation on Friday was fabulous!
Presentation fabulous? NOT so much, but my kiddos played beautifully even if the governor was a no-show, they were disappointed but that's POLITICS right?
Quote:
Heck the head of iceberg lettuce was up at 2.99 crazy.
Holy CRAP! That's expensive for something pretending to be lettuce!
  #188   ^
Old Sat, Nov-04-17, 08:56

BF:

WOW JO you are sicky now The big sleep helps so much.

for sore throat one thing works for me. 2 Bayer aspirin. regular old aspirin fixes my sore throat in, like, 4 hrs easily. I have no idea why but a sore throat for me is eliminated very fast with 2 regular old non-fancy aspirin LOL

Ahh the retirement. What nailed me is medical ins.
Cobra too high cause of all the discounts and subsidy etc we won't get so that is out.
ANY family plan is like 1800-2400 PER MONTH and hey we are regular old people doing the best we can and this is never going to happen.............solution........looking into health share ministries. You pay like $450 a family, like 1500 you pay first and then all bills are 'shared' thru the Christian community. I am liking what I am seeing here. BUT I AM RESEARCHING this in big form right now cause I think we are going this way. There is a WAY out. I am point blank TRAPPED by med. ins. and I am gonna find a way out come hell or highwater Plus it is 'recognized as ins.' by the govt. I will let ya know more if you want on it cause I am finding that 'the people know' how to get thru life and F the govt and its' ways LOL

don't get me started HAHA
  #189   ^
Old Sun, Nov-05-17, 05:36
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 5 November 2017

Happy Day, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

BELIEVE in yourself & You will be UNSTOPPABLE!
~ unknown

Got an extra hour of sleep in since we ended Day Light Saving Time... wish we were like Arizona and DIDN'T switch our clocks back and forth... Anyhoo...

UGH! Still feeling puny... throat still a bit sore, have a ragged cough but no temp! So that's a good thing.

Don't wanna call in sick tomorrow b/c my kiddos are doing the music for the Veterans' Day assembly on Thursday ~ we need the practice time! Then we are off on Friday for Veterans' Day!

Gotta couple things chore-wise to accomplish this morning, but I see myself just totally chil-laxing later to try to kick this crud!

Topic Change:

Finished 2 more sweaters... yeah, Imma knitting fool!

"Light Blue" & "Med Blue" Baby Sweater (finished 30 October 2017)

“Pastels” & “Petal Pink” Baby Sweater (finished yesterday)

Of course I started another one... like "they" say: "Idle hands are the devil's playground!"

Hey that's my story and Imma stickin' to it!

Karen:
Quote:
WOW JO you are sicky now The big sleep helps so much.

for sore throat one thing works for me. 2 Bayer aspirin. regular old aspirin fixes my sore throat in, like, 4 hrs easily. I have no idea why but a sore throat for me is eliminated very fast with 2 regular old non-fancy aspirin LOL
The only pain reliever I use is aspirin but it doesn't work for me like it does for you...
Quote:
Ahh the retirement. What nailed me is medical ins.
Cobra too high cause of all the discounts and subsidy etc we won't get so that is out.
ANY family plan is like 1800-2400 PER MONTH and hey we are regular old people doing the best we can and this is never going to happen.............solution........looking into health share ministries. You pay like $450 a family, like 1500 you pay first and then all bills are 'shared' thru the Christian community. I am liking what I am seeing here. BUT I AM RESEARCHING this in big form right now cause I think we are going this way. There is a WAY out. I am point blank TRAPPED by med. ins. and I am gonna find a way out come hell or highwater Plus it is 'recognized as ins.' by the govt. I will let ya know more if you want on it cause I am finding that 'the people know' how to get thru life and F the govt and its' ways LOL
Wow, didn't realize that health insurance would be so much! Holy Hannah!!

Sounds like you've got a plan & solution that will make it possible to have affordable health care and still allow Tony to retire!

Berni & De:
Hiya! Hope you two are doing well!
  #190   ^
Old Sun, Nov-05-17, 12:08

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Just finished my things to do and took Magnum on the walkin trails! We get 5 miles in feels good!

Jo.... I hope you feel better sending healing and soothing throat vibes your way! Those are gorgeous sweaters ! With lettuce prices so high here I just got the jalapeño peppers! Another big Jar I set for rest of year. I will just have my version of chicken chili. Shredded chicken some hot sauce and the jalapeño peppers! Comfort food on these cold days!
Karen.... Yep the killer is health insurance. Right now my company gives you insurance for employee prices if you are grandfathered in the retirement program. However, it just medical no dental, vision or prescription plan. My DSS is on the open exchange and pays about 500 a month for health care only another 65 per month for scripts. It is brutal out there without health care!
Karen, yep I looked at those lettuce prices and said forget it. Skip the leafy greens and just have my protein. Lettuce will never fill me up so I rather get some protein for that price. Got cans of tuna feeling like tuna salad with my jalapeño and cucumber relish! So it is all good!
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #191   ^
Old Sun, Nov-05-17, 16:50

BF:

Bernie, that is just it, if he works a job, even part time and makes X amt of dollars we can get ins. thru the exchange for like $10 a month...but that defeats the whole purpose of our 'freedom' we want now LOL

darned if ya do and darned if ya don't. going without insurance is scary. I have to find some coverage and still working on a fix.

smart move get the protein cause it does fill you up vs. leaves
When a head of lettuce hits $3 it is time to look up and take notice. prices are crazy out there

JO, sounds like you are gonna need some days to relax and rest up alot. Hope the crud leaves soon for you.

those sweater projects are so pretty and cute!

Nothing much here
icky day
rainy, damp, chilly and BLAH to the max
kiddo said will this day ever end? HA I don't think it will. she is wanting school tomorrow so that shows it was a long dull day here HAHA
  #192   ^
Old Mon, Nov-06-17, 04:27

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Got my break today so I am a posting. My DSIL has to work today so I have Makayla the older ones back to school.
Jo... Feel better my friend! I know you hate missing a day teaching but you will have to rest every chance you get so you feel better!

Karen.... That is it exactly Karen without some kind of reasonable health care I will have to keep working. No way to live without it. I know people do but I couldn’t take the chance! Took a three hour nap yesterday do I feel energized today guess I needed it.
Have a marvelous Monday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #193   ^
Old Mon, Nov-06-17, 05:01
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 6 November 2017

Happy Monday, Warriors!

Wishing you a totally marvelous Monday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Wake up with DETERMINATION, Go to bed with SATISFACTION!

~ unknown

Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 8 months, 3 week and counting... Wt = 114 lbs!

I am so grateful that A '72 Induction + IF works for me. That truly has been one of the reasons for my success at not only losing the weight but keeping it off too!

One of the other keys is NO off-plan foods EVER!

Seriously, nothing TASTES as good as being at my personal weight goal FEELS!

Feelin' a little better today, throat not sore any more except when I try coughing up a lung... cough not too seriously bad either! Will continue to push the liquids!

Gonna be a short instructional week again...Pffffffffffffffft! Gosh so much to teach so LITTLE freakin' time as it is! We're off on Friday for Veterans' Day...

And, OMG, next week we have 4 instructional days b/c next Friday (17 Nov) we have our annual Health Fair and it will be a none-instructional day with the kiddos.

Then we're off an entire week for Thanksgiving Break... Time's a flyin' crazy fast for sure! Christmas Break will be here before we know it (in 44 days, but who's counting??)!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Just finished my things to do and took Magnum on the walkin trails! We get 5 miles in feels good!
Wish I lived near you b/c I'd so go trail walkin' with you and Magnum!
Quote:
Jo.... I hope you feel better sending healing and soothing throat vibes your way!
It's getting better every day!
Quote:
Those are gorgeous sweaters !
Thanks, girlie! I so do love knittin' 'em up!
Quote:
With lettuce prices so high here I just got the jalapeño peppers! Another big Jar I set for rest of year. I will just have my version of chicken chili. Shredded chicken some hot sauce and the jalapeño peppers! Comfort food on these cold days!
Wonder why your lettuce prices are so HIGH?? Ours have not changed and prayin' that they don't! BUT if they do, Imma still gonna buy! KWIM???

at big azz jars of jalapeño! They do add that extra zing! to everything, don't they? I just love 'em in my leafy green salads!
Quote:
Got cans of tuna feeling like tuna salad with my jalapeño and cucumber relish!
Oh do SHARE your jalapeño and cucumber relish recipe, PLEASE!!!!
Quote:
Got my break today so I am a posting.
You're not working today? Are you off Friday too?
Quote:
My DSIL has to work today so I have Makayla the older ones back to school.
That's nice that you only have Makayla!
Quote:
Jo... Feel better my friend! I know you hate missing a day teaching but you will have to rest every chance you get so you feel better!
I am feelin' much improved...not 100% but much better than Friday afternoon when I crashed and burned!
Quote:
No way to live without it. I know people do but I couldn’t take the chance!
Isn't it against the law or something to NOT have health insurance? I mean, I know the last 2-3 years when my CPA did my income taxes, we needed proof of health insurance. Don't we get a huge azz fine w/o it???

Karen:
Quote:
darned if ya do and darned if ya don't. going without insurance is scary. I have to find some coverage and still working on a fix.
Well you can't go w/o insurance that's for sure.
Quote:
smart move get the protein cause it does fill you up vs. leaves
When a head of lettuce hits $3 it is time to look up and take notice. prices are crazy out there
Have you noticed that some proteins hold us better than others? I know for me, seafood doesn't seem to do that but chicken will... Could be all in my head too!
Quote:
JO, sounds like you are gonna need some days to relax and rest up alot. Hope the crud leaves soon for you.
Imma not really sick enough to stay home, KWIM?? Just a lingering cough thingy... sounds worse than it is...

Imma just glad it's not strep b/c that's going around our school too. Strep totally puts me down for 2-3 days...
Quote:
those sweater projects are so pretty and cute!
Thanks!
Quote:
she is wanting school tomorrow so that shows it was a long dull day here
that's funny!

Last edited by Just Jo : Mon, Nov-06-17 at 05:13. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #194   ^
Old Mon, Nov-06-17, 07:28

BF:

JO are ya still not good yet? Hope it fades fast now for ya.
Kiddo has next friday off school for who knows why, gotta check and a nice Tday break also.

That is my sinus issues. Drag me down, foggy headed and all but I function and move cause I have too, not sick enough to stop but just leaves me dragging thru not feeling great...but if you can move ya do

Yea our lettuce was on sale for .89 a head...and there Bernie is SO high?

Yes Bernie some do without ins. but I ain't going there either.
I got too much to lose and for them to take I gotta cover us LOL

HI ALL
off running here and there, small things
hubby leaving tonight with Big Jim to go hunting for a few days at the cabin.
Easy slow fun days ahead for me cause I am gonna do just that, do not much HAHA
great day all
  #195   ^
Old Mon, Nov-06-17, 13:29

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi All,

Just a quick post to check-in. Having a great time in Oregon. It's a bit wet & cold, but not too bad!

Hi Jo, hope you get better real soon, I see you have a new picture on your avatar, nice!

Hi Bernie & Karen! Sounds like all is well.

I have a busy week planned with the family, will post when I get home.