Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Sat, Oct-28-17, 06:23
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Saturday, 28 October 2017

Happy Saturday, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"Each day lost from off-plan eating is just another day added to an already long journey!"
~ unknown
Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Same ole song and dance with my usual w/e chores! But it's all good, I'll get 'em done early and have ME time to pedal some more and knit! Finished another baby sweater, will post the pic after I photograph it!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO I hear ya if it doesn't effect the MONEY But they can use that to 'do a search' of those who offended and those might be the first to leave if they need to ditch people, so in a way that crap can go against ya, but like you say, why rock the boat when ya know you are on the 'who gives a shit' time in your life since retirement is on your doorstep....
Rockin' the boat serves no purpose b/c the evaluations are pretty USELESS to be perfectly HONEST! The only good thing about them is that if we have a high enough score on the evaluation, we are only evaluated by our admin once a year, not bi-yearly like those that don't... The paperwork for evals is CRAZY, I spend hours and hours on my end of it and the principal does his own share! WOT = Waste of TIME for all of us involved!!

Case in point about how useless they are: we have a teacher in the district that's been around for about 10-12 years. Lovely, lovely man, HORRIBLE teacher.

"They've" moved him around the district to the 3 different mid schools, our one high school, off and on thru the years and now he's at the alternative high school, supervising the computer lab. He doesn't teach students. Kinda unfair b/c he doesn't have to write lesson plans or grade papers, you know, all the manusha involved in teaching and still gets a teacher's salary even if it is crap pay!

The running joke that we all say is: "They won't fire us b/c Dr. M is still around..." sad but true!

He's an astrophysicist and the epitome of a rocket scientist ~ über brilliant but kinda scatter brained, KWIM?

He has tenure so unless he physically harms a student, etc, they can't fire him. Like I said, lovely man, so he'd never say anything to piss-off his admin or parents; he's really a very passive, if not, quirky soul. So, bottom line, they can't let him go if he's just a stinkin' lousy teacher!
Quote:
let the younger ones challenge to help themselves now LOL Life is busy, the younger ones have more energy to get a handle on this stuff and roll with it, for me personally being older I handle what is on my own plate now HAHA
You'd be surprised how much energy I have, girlie. I can & do keep up with those young teachers who are young enough to be my grand children... for reals! One of our new teachers is 21 yo! OMFG!
Quote:
Move more south....darn right I want to LOL
I told hubby put it up for sale and go but kiddo freaked out. wants to finish school here now, which I get and will concede now. bleck!
I can understand your DD wanting to stay to finish school there, that's what she's used to!
Quote:
Can you video that radioactive song when they play and we can see it somehow? I would love love love to watch that performance. No pressure, if ya can't I get it.....cause there is a BIG thing about posting any pics of school kids etc on the net or more and we had to sign all kinds of crap about the 'techno and electronic' age crap here and posting on social media and pics etc.
Can't do a video b/c of what you stated here BUT I can possibly do an audio recording if I can find someone to record it for me!
Quote:
In fact I got a school call about a guy in a white van around 30-40 being 'at some kid's bus stops' in my area. Freaked me out big time. So far nothing but police are investigating they said and I told kiddo, ANY one approaches you, you run and scream like crazy HAHA.....but she gets on the bus right in front of our home so no problems on that one.

I tell ya life is freaky now....I don't like it one bit. I know it was freaky before but ya didn't hear about it as much or it wasn't in your face but now it seems on your darn doorstep at every turn.....ugh
We can't be too careful these days with all the crazies around! Kids are told all the time to NOT let strangers approach, but some of these crazies have scams that help them approach the kiddos like... "hey can you help me find my lost puppy?", etc...
Quote:
Strep...oh crap they will be dropping like flies at your place also!!
Yeah, we had a lot out yesterday too.... UGH! My guitars kids and I can't get THAT b/c we need to perform on Friday!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Just got home from babysitting the grandkiddies DD and DSIL has a Halloween 🎃 costume party with friends!
Nice that they have you to babysit for them... Any more talk on getting someone else to babysit for 'em?
Quote:
Brrr it is cold here in the Midwest!
It's cold here too, in the southwest desert! We have "freeze" warnings this am!
Quote:
Going to walk Magnum and head to bed.
Nighty-night, my friend!
Quote:
Jo.... So happy to hear the concert went well. What an honor and achievement for your school with its high scoring academic excellence!
Thanks! Imma thinking it's a political ploy since this isn't the first year we've been sitting pretty with our academic ratings!
Quote:
Truly is a scary world out there. DSIL was just telling me that a disgruntled employee was in his building with a gun. It was resolved without incident but these are crazy times.
WOW how scary for your DSIL! Imma glad everything was resolved without incident!
Quote:
My DD use to check the sex offender registries but started to get freaked out at how many were truly in her area and surrounding communities. I told her you just have to be always vigilant and always careful all the time!
Great advice you gave your DD! I totally agree and we can not be sooooo paralyzed by what's happening around us that we lock down in our own homes afraid to venture out! And to stress-out about "stuff" that's totally out of our CONTROL is not using our energies wisely, JMO!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Sun, Oct-29-17, 02:28
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 29 October 2017

Wow it's quiet in here as it seems to be on the rest of the forum... lemme get our thread started!

Happy Day, WARRIORS!

Wishing you a totally spectacular day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Beauty begins the moment you decided to be YOURSELF!
~ Coco Chanel

You all must be über busy or chil-laxin' to the MAX! Hope it's the latter my dear friends! Have a super duper rest of the day!
  #168   ^
Old Sun, Oct-29-17, 08:28

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Aaaaa...hunting we will go....aaaaa hunting we will go

oh yea got rid of hubby for 3 days to the hunt cabin and yes I am smiling. Deer for the freezer and he is gone. Yes I will miss him but not that much to not love getting him out of my hair for a while HAHA

Listen guys, I need time.
I got tons to handle on changing up our lifestyle and how this is all gonna plan out etc on how we want to make big changes here on our lives now.............so I am gonna bow out of the thread for a bit.

NOT that long LOL but just don't be surprised if I am missing for periods of time.

This has nothing to do with food at all and I am SO secure in my A72/zc ways that I am ok on that point.

I will check in but right now I need that time to just let things happen as I gotta do them to make all this work.

I just can't seem to juggle 85 things at once like I used to do
I now can barely handle like 3 big things going down so just to let you know I will be around and jump in but won't be posting on a daily basis right now.

again, this is all good, just computer time is gonna have to be cut back a bit and other things have to take priority.

I know you guys get this
Great day to all!!!! Will miss ya and will be thinking of you and will post some but not as much right now, and no I am not leaving!!! Don't even think that at all
  #169   ^
Old Sun, Oct-29-17, 11:31

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

DS brought over his carpet cleaner so I did all my carpets this morning! Took magnum on the trails for about 2 hours and going to chillax this afternoon!
Jo.... Yepper DD has a neighbor girl that usually watches the grandkiddies on weekends. However, she does like her weekend and time with her family so DD has to give her lots of notice!

Karen.... I am going to truly miss you my friend. Stop in when ever you can!
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #170   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-17, 04:27
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 30 October 2017

Happy Last Monday of October, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

SLOW progress is better than NO progress!!
~ unknownl

Hard to believe that October is basically over! Wow, where did the days go, seriously??

Today we have an in-service day, so no kiddos! I don't have to show up until 8 am ~ Imma usually there by 6:30 am! They don't have me assigned to attend any mind-numbing meetings in town this morning so my principal said just go to our school and do "whatever".

We'll have our PM in-service day at our building from 12:45-3:45 pm....

This week is gonna be a really short instructional week as well ~ only 3 days! Friday, we have that celebration assembly in town at the HS gym since it's our largest venue with the governor, sec of Ed and other dignitaries. Starts at 10:30 am.

They'll bus us out at 9:30 am; they will serve lunch to our kiddos and apparently we'll be back at school by 1:30-ish. Then the entire flock of dignitaries are coming to tour our school at 2:15... awww the fun NEVER stops!

My guitar kiddos are still slated to play the Star Spangled Banner and Radioactive at the event; I got an opportunity to see the program!! So Imma jazzed to the MAX!

On another note:

Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 8 months, 2 week and counting...

Wt = 113 lbs! Gotta love the fluctuating weight! But it is what it is b/c I bounce btwn 113-115 lbs all the time...

Karen:
So sorry to hear that you are cutting back on your comp time. I didn't think you spent that much time on the puter...but what do I know???

I can totally understand that you're doing a major overhaul of your lifestyle since you want Tony to retire soon & closing your soap making business.

Imma so glad that you said this wasn't about your WOE and that you're secure in your ZC WOE!

I hope that you don't disappear for long periods of time and please check in when you can! You know we'll miss you!

Berni:
Quote:
Yepper DD has a neighbor girl that usually watches the grandkiddies on weekends. However, she does like her weekend and time with her family so DD has to give her lots of notice!
That's good to hear b/c I thought you were the only one watching the grands! I worry about you having so little "Berni Time" to just chil-lax and take care of you!

Glad you got a chance to do just that yesterday afternoon after the morning of carpet cleaning and the 2 hour trail hike with Magnum!

De:
Hope you had a great week-end! Sure do miss you when you don't post!

When are you heading out to visit the "girls?"

Last edited by Just Jo : Mon, Oct-30-17 at 04:31. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #171   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-17, 07:51

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Jo.... Have a great inservice day! Friday is going to be terrific!
Congrats on those amazing stats!

Karen and De ....Have a great day!
Have a marvelous Monday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #172   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-17, 10:32

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi All...

It's been a crazy, busy few days. I am dealing with some issues with one of my brothers and also getting ready for my trip in a few days. Sorry I won't be posting much in the next couple weeks.

Have a great week
  #173   ^
Old Tue, Oct-31-17, 03:22

BF:

Hello dear friend,

DE.... Sorry to here you are having a rough couple of week! I hope all works out with Bro! Have a great trip! Stop by when you can!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
Y
Happy Halloween 🎃!
  #174   ^
Old Tue, Oct-31-17, 04:46
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Halloween 2017

Happy Halloween, Warriors!

This is a pumpkin my twin did for Halloween. It's a Minion wearing a pumpkin suit! The googles are pvc pipes he cut! Pretty cool, right?? And he's so TALENTED!!!

Wishing each of you a totally terrific Tuesday in every.single.way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

STOP wishing. START doing!
~ unknownl

Berni:
Quote:
Jo.... Have a great inservice day!
I helped the secretary with some of her busy work and totally cleaned out our "supply/storage" room. Organizing "stuff" is one of my strong suits... Then I took our secretary out to lunch to Subway (we have one on base) where I drank diet soda... I rarely eat out... I seriously can NOT remember the last time I have...
Quote:
Friday is going to be terrific!
Seriously, it's gonna be a waste of time for an event that's gonna last around an hour... we only have 26 more days til end of quarter and we're all feelin' the stress of NOT enough time to teach!
Quote:
Congrats on those amazing stats!
Thanks! But WE know exactly how to accomplish that = stay 100% OP every single stinkin' day without FAIL!

On another note: Looks like it's just gonna be you and me, Berni keeping this thread going until De gets back from her vaca and hopefully, Karen can post sporadically until she gets all her ducks in a row for her big lifestyle change.

Be nice if we got some new warriors along the way... it could happen!

De:
Quote:
It's been a crazy, busy few days. I am dealing with some issues with one of my brothers and also getting ready for my trip in a few days. Sorry I won't be posting much in the next couple weeks.
Sorry there are issues with one of your bros! Hope everything works out!

We're gonna miss you on here! But I know you'll have an über good time with your "girls" and it will fly by too quickly! Wishing you safe travels to and from, my friend!
  #175   ^
Old Tue, Oct-31-17, 08:07

BF:

De, I am going to miss you !!
Stop in when you can!

Jo that is an awesome pumpkin 🎃!

Jo, don’t worry I will be here posting too so we keep our thread alive!
  #176   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-17, 03:16

BF:

Hello warriors,

Hope everyone had a terrific Halloween 🎃!

Jo... I get how the assembly distraction on Friday disrupts the learning process. It must be hard to get the kiddos back on focus!
Yesterday was a lot of fun with trick or treating! Took
The magnum dog with around the neighborhood! Cold but no rain so lots of kiddos out! Yeah got rid of all the candy!

Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #177   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-17, 04:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Wednesday, 1 November 2017

Happy HUMP Day, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it truly is a choice!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Once you CONTROL your MIND, you can CONQUER your BODY!
~ unknown

WOW! Already the 1st of November! The holiday season is upon us!

Remember, DON'T let the holidays be the “Reason for the Season” of senselessly eating OFF PLAN & face planting into plates & dishes of carb-age crap! Stay 100% OP because you are so WORTH IT!

Anyhoo...

Still knitting like a crazy woman... Gave this sweater to a friend of mine for her grand niece who was born yesterday!

"Aran & Red" Baby Sweater

I finished this sweater on the 26th of October. I started and finished another one that I knitted up in light blue & med blue yarn.

Haven't had a chance to take a pic of that one yet and will post it here too. I just completed it on Monday.

And Imma knitting another one... Not bored yet being a knit-wit.

My hobbies run in cycles... always grateful to have the variety of hobbies I have so Imma NEVER EVER bored!

Berni:
Quote:
Jo that is an awesome pumpkin 🎃![QUOTE]I thought so too! He always does amazing "art". Like I said, he's way talented! [QUOTE]Jo, don’t worry I will be here posting too so we keep our thread alive!
Sounds like a plan!
Quote:
Jo... I get how the assembly distraction on Friday disrupts the learning process. It must be hard to get the kiddos back on focus!
This entire thing is crazy. The logistics is a nightmare for sure!

They are gonna bus in about 1,000 kids from three schools; THEN they are going to visit each school individually... A BETTER plan would have been to do the recognition/award celebration individually at each school... But you know what? THEY didn't ask for our input... :insert Heavy Sigh emoji here!:
Quote:
Yesterday was a lot of fun with trick or treating! Took the magnum dog with around the neighborhood! Cold but no rain so lots of kiddos out! Yeah got rid of all the candy!
Glad the weather was reasonable!

at "got rid of all the candy!" I didn't have a single trick or treater.... which is a good thing since I BOUGHT no candy!
  #178   ^
Old Thu, Nov-02-17, 03:10

BF:

Hello warriors,

Jo.... I agree on the holidays coming fast with lots of temptations. I do enjoy turkey during this holiday season. That probably is my only deviation on this incredible wol. I think the great thing about the holidays is being with family and friends and enjoying their company! Food is just nourishment to help our bodies have the energy for that enjoyment!
Are you DDS, furbabies, and DSIL coming for thanksgiving?
Ours will be DSIL parents my sister in law and her family. It is usually about 20 people but lots of fun everyone brings a dish and we just set it up!
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #179   ^
Old Thu, Nov-02-17, 03:40
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 2 November 2017

Happy Friday Eve, Warriors!

Hope this finds all of you doing well and wishing you a totally terrific Thursday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

I’m working on MYSELF by MYSELF for MYSELF!
~ unknown

Gees, Thanksgiving is in 3 weeks, can you imagine??? Holy Hannah!

Anyhoo... just wanted to share this bit about my planking, push-ups and wall-sit experiences. As of today, I've been doing 'em (even days only) for the past 251 days.

Imma up to 3m 40s plank (up 10s from Oct), 25 push-ups (up 5) and 1m 25s wall-sits (up 10s).

You know, once I set my mind to do it, this was pretty pain-less! I totally agree with this quote that I posted yesterday b/c it so applies to me not only in exercising but for my entire WOE:

Once you CONTROL your MIND, you can CONQUER your BODY! by unknown

Berni:
Quote:
Jo.... I agree on the holidays coming fast with lots of temptations.
Oh yeah, I hear you about the temptations but we've always stayed 100% OP!

Well except for me and MY BIG FAT Thanksgiving Fiasco of 2013 but that was the one and only off-plan I've done since July 2013... I've stopped beatin' myself UP about that!

I've learned that letting "FAT Jo" out of her cage is NOT an OPTION ever!
Quote:
I do enjoy turkey during this holiday season.
Yeppers, I do too! Usually have turkey twice a year, Thanksgiving and my twin's bday!
Quote:
That probably is my only deviation on this incredible wol.
You make it sound like eating turkey is off-plan, but I know what you mean!
Quote:
I think the great thing about the holidays is being with family and friends and enjoying their company! Food is just nourishment to help our bodies have the energy for that enjoyment!
Exactly spot ON! And as you well know, that's my way of thinking as well!
Quote:
Are you DDS, furbabies, and DSIL coming for thanksgiving?
That's the plan!
Quote:
Ours will be DSIL parents my sister in law and her family. It is usually about 20 people but lots of fun everyone brings a dish and we just set it up!
Sounds lovely! And I know you'll have loads of fun!

De & Karen:

Hiya, girlies! Hope you two are well! Check in when you get a chance b/c we miss you around these parts!
  #180   ^
Old Thu, Nov-02-17, 04:14
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default My Grandfurbaby, Trixie

Just wanted to share this with you guys...

My youngest DD's furbaby, Trixie, in her Halloween costume.

She's got a smug look on her face and it looks like she's saying "Imma really rockin' this peacock costume!"

My DD said she didn't seem to be bothered by the costume and LOVED the attention she was getting from trick or treat-ers that came by her house!