Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-14, 11:07

Plan: lchf + if
Stats: 230/169/130 Female 5' 5-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Thanks for that link JEY100, I'll read it again.
Mirabeau, hello ! Say, there's a town near me called "Mirebeau"
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-14, 12:24

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.4/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivoine
Hello all you wonderful forum people. I'm glad you are here. Today is the beginning of my seventh week low-carbing. I'm happy to say I've already lost 10 kgs - 22 pounds, and am feeling loads better. I would like to lose about 100 pounds - or any amount that would allow me to fit into a beautiful dress with a lovely waist. I have been hefty for a couple decades, but was a skinny ballerina in my twenties. At my skinniest - I weighed 115 pounds (age 17) -- at my heaviest - after undergoing treatment for breast cancer, I weighed 230 pounds (age 52). I would love to eventually get down to somewhere between 120 and 135, and have given myself until my birthday in September 2015. I am also eager to put myself into the most wonderful physical shape possible for my age, and try to get back out into the world, rejoin the worldwide market of classical singers (I had a small singing career going- I put everything on hold while fighting cancer). I don't know how much time is left to me, but I would like to make the best of it, and feel the best, and enjoy being me ... instead of ... well you know ...

P.S. I'm 52, American, moved to France in 2009 to marry my beloved French husband.

Lucky you living in France! I spent a year there living in Aix en Provence, studying French at the university (this was in 1973 to 1974). Loved loved loved it! We walked everywhere around Aix, miles a day actually, and despite eating tons of baguettes with butter (sigh) and all kids of rich goodies, I never put on any weight. I suspect food choices are different there now, though! But never fear, stick to Atkins and bit by bit you will lose that weight you want to get rid of!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-14, 15:19

Plan: whole food
Stats: 178.2/155/149 Female 5'10.5
BF:
Progress: 79%

Welcome Pivione!! Congratulations for kicking cancer in the hiney - if you can do that, you've got this pesky weight thing in the bag!

My heartfelt advice to you is please do NOT jump from thing to thing to try to make your weight loss quicker. You are doing fabulously well and your body is going to take a pause now and then to stop and say, que se passe-t-il?! Just let it and keep up with eating real food and licking your plate. You WILL get there.

You might get there by trying any number of odd things, also, but if you can figure out real, whole foods that your body likes and that suit your lifestyle then you will be ready to just live that way, not special instructions required.

BTW - I feel for you - I spent a week in Paris watching my husband consume bread at every meal with utmost enjoyment while I chased my drippings with a spoon...even an american in Paris probably ought not lick her plate in public! I made it the week but everyday is going to be a major challenge, I'm certain.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-14, 08:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 288.8/262/170 Female 5ft 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Good job on the weight loss and I wish you the best of luck! You can do it!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-14, 17:31

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 209/194/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

Welcome, Pivoine! I love your sense of humor! Unfortunately, the weight loss does slow down after the first couple of weeks, but don't give up. It will continue to come off! There is nothing wrong with drowning yourself in the low carb research, message boards, etc. Not only will you learn a lot, keeping your mind focused on your goal helps keep you on track. I suggest starting a journal on this forum. It is a wonderful way to check in daily and monitor your progress.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-14, 03:33

Plan: lchf + if
Stats: 230/169/130 Female 5' 5-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Dear Carole, Teresa, Love, and Kd did (Oh I get it ! Katydid, cute screen name), I really feel great reading your comments, and encouragements, certainly buoys a gal up. I think I will follow your advice and begin a journal. I love to write, and can be annoyingly prolix, so apologies in advance for any headaches I might cause.