Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 09:38
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hey LizzieB

SOMETHING IS GOOD - I just did the Dr. Crooks Candida Quiz and my score was a lowly 62!!!!!!! I gotta say I don't have much faith in the spit test - I think things like smoking, drinking and general morning mouth would make anybody's spit do that.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 09:45

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKo
I gotta say I don't have much faith in the spit test

You're OBVIOUSLY not yourself - that is YOUR COOTIES talking, sister girl. You have an INFESTATION and that is a F-A-C-T. Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

Jinx.

PS PSSSSST Anyone else in on Koko's intervention? I think SHE'S the one who needs bootcamp! I'm rounding up a posse - this one's gonna be trouble!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 09:49
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

PSST...I'm in, anything to not be here when we have to move!!!!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 09:54

In all seriousness, with my allergies and on and off (mosty on) sugar and alcohol consumption, I'd like to see what the Candistroy can do. Plus, my big tummy and all...super dark under my eyes - no you are not getting a close up.

I was 'officially' diagnosed with candida overgrowth about 10 years ago by my allergist - he gave me nystatin, told me to cut out sugar, etc. Did I? No. I continued to have Coke and Danish butter cookies from the vending machine for brekkie (those were the good old days! NOT! but I did weigh 115 - of course, I was a zombie...)

I know it can't hurt. Plus, I am much better about going without sugar or whatever if I am taking a supplement that COSTS MONEY. MMMMM I feel a wild hair coming on - is TODAY the DAy???? Could be....
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 10:02
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm in too! Actually, I'll be subjecting myself to a candida diet come Tuesday. I'm in bad shape! I need candida bootcamp AND workout bootcamp!

I read some neat stuff about this ThreeLac. It doesn't require the diet part? Hmmmm..... I'm for that!

Wanda

Last edited by wcollier : Thu, Jul-24-03 at 10:03.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 10:10
Stepford Malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJinx
...super dark under my eyes

Jinx - I noticed a big difference in the darkness under my eyes after I cut out coffee and diet coke - I don't know if it's the lack of caffeine or the dark color of the coffee and coloring in the coke. Since SPII foods are so natural we are consuming much less artificial coloring - I've even given up my beloved SF mr. freezies.

Another "bowl peering" note - my poopies are much lighter colored too since cutting the coffee and coke. Not eating much red meat helps too I guess.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 10:37

Quote:
Jinx - I noticed a big difference in the darkness under my eyes after I cut out coffee and diet coke - I don't know if it's the lack of caffeine or the dark color of the coffee and coloring in the coke. Since SPII foods are so natural we are consuming much less artificial coloring - I've even given up my beloved SF mr. freezies.

Well, I've had these circles before I was ALLOWED to drink coffee! I'll see if i can find any pics of me looking hungover as a 2 yr old. HAW! and I haven't had coffee on a regular basis for a good while now - never much into sodas.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Another "bowl peering" note - my poopies are much lighter colored too since cutting the coffee and coke. Not eating much red meat helps too I guess.

Yet another chapter in Koko's forthcoming book: Bonding Though Poop...

Jinx
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 11:52

Plan: S.Beach/Insulin Resistnce
Stats: 310/274/260 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Heap big shoulders, Batman!

A tribute to all those haybales I used to buck and all that time spent working out on the heavy bag in karate classes. Broad shoulders on guys are pretty much a 'gift for a lifetime', if we do any working out at all. Problem is, you quit working out for any reason and you'll be 'out of shape' before you notice it. I'm a-fixing that as we speak.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 12:23
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

Jinxy, the dark circles are a sign of adrenal fatigue too. Had 'em my whole life. Now I have good days and bad. Whenever I'm down (physically or emotionally) I wear it all over my face. You can literally see how I feel!!
edit- you can see them in avitar!

Last edited by m1whowaits : Fri, Jul-25-03 at 14:01.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 16:31

Yeah Liz, my allergist called them "allergy shiners" - I'm like you, the worse I feel the darker they get.

Hey Carl,
Keep up the good work! I dig karate. I was in it several years ago but had to stop due to being in a nasty crash. Very good exercise, fun AND useful!

Hey Wandy,
I am VERY interested in the ThreeLac - but talk about pricey! I'll prolly do a regular cleanse for 2 weeks and then get on that. Let me know your plans - we can live in agony together. Looks like the SP Cookbook is definitely OUT. Every darn item has cheese, mushrooms, lemon/lime, vinegar, and/or potatoes. I was about to say that the Anytime Soup will work but I think 2lbs of tomatoes would be a no-go. Dang, Liz, I LOVE MY COOKBOOK, what the heck am I gonna do now????? You've done this before too, Wandy - what do you eat for brekkie??? WAAAAAAA
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 21:54
Registered Member

Plan: BFL
Stats: 120/125/ Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Ah, that spit test looks interesting. Now to just remember to do it before I do anythign else in the morning. That's the trick.

I really want to here from someone who has done the ThreeLac and had success with it before I part w/ that $$.
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 05:02
Stepford Malfunction

Quote:
Looks like the SP Cookbook is definitely OUT. Every darn item has cheese, mushrooms, lemon/lime, vinegar, and/or potatoes. I was about to say that the Anytime Soup will work but I think 2lbs of tomatoes would be a no-go. Dang, Liz, I LOVE MY COOKBOOK, what the heck am I gonna do now?????

Jinx - have you considered substituting the banned ingredients, or just leaving them out. You might have to go with very plain simple meals while taking the cure - broiled meat and steamed veggies. Ooooh how long is this cure???? Poor Jinx
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 10:20

What a crappy night! Missed the art show of a friend, fella had to go alone . I guess I'm going to have to get serious re: this yeast stuff. I traced back to the unusual ingredient that made me SEVERELY ill : PNUT BUTTER - I usually eat almond butter but was out. The mr. only eats pnut butter. It really did a number on me. THen I read on Karen Tripps' site that her doc's way of testing to see if she was free of candida overgrowth, after a time of treatment, was to have her eat a spoonful of pnut butter - if she instantly got bloated, she was, obviously, NOT ready to go off the diet.

I got ALL the icky flu symptoms of this mess. Still feel very bad. Not sure what to do NOW. I mean besides eating what I'm supposed to. Is this a good time for a cleanse or should I wait till I'm feeling better? I am a glutton for punishment, so, in a way, I'm thinking, hell, I already feel bad...WHY NOT CRANK IT UP A NOTCH??? Maybe I'll take something tonight before I go to bed like Liz recommends...

Anyway, I checked out Karen's page and the diet there is not as severe. http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/4966/diet.htm I could live with this. I'm already determined to stay the heck away from the booze!!!

Her doc maintains that if the cheese or vinegar product is *well cooked* and eaten hot that it is ok. Same with bread being toasted (I already buy stuff w/out yeast).

Tanks 4 da , Koks.

I agree w/you re: the simple diet. However, (broken record cueing up!) the prob with just meat and veggies is that I cook for both the fella and myself. He still won't each beef, very rarely pork, and CAN'T eat chicken but about 1x per week cuz he gets a rash on his face! He will eat fish - sure that will be for din din tonight but it is not cheap. Also, I have lost my touch for cooking meats 'simply' after so being a vegtarian for so long. I'll figure out something.

We've both had the bloated BIG bellies for a couple of days now - he has asked some questions about this yeast thing. No way can he go off coffee cold turkey...NOR DO I WANT HIM TO - eek! Hope a cure will work with him still doing that. But that is ultimately HIS problem.

I wish I could take a pic of my tummy - it really looks like I'm about to domino (give birth, gentle Canadian )

JInx
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 15:23
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Jinxy:

My problem with candida diets is that no one can agree on anything. It gets very confusing after awhile. The way you're heading, soon you won't be able to eat anything. If the ThreeLac really works, you'd be a great candidate for it. I'm starting to worry about your lack of food choices with all your allergies.

Like Lizzy said in your journal, check out The Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook by Jeanne Marie Martin. It will fit your lifestyle the best. Stick with their program and then tweak later if you see progress. You'll know when you are eating foods that aren't good.

The only time that I never had bloating was when I was on Atkins Induction. There's no winning.

Wanda