Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 07:41

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Wednesday - March 31

Welcome to the Protein Power Pals daily thread. All are welcome that are using, considering or curious about this WOE. We also welcome friends using other LC WOEs to drop by for some friendly conversation and a large glass of water.

My menu was high in calories yesterday. Things are not going at all well with my granddaughter and I'm beside myself with worry for the child's well-being. Right now, it's all I can do to just eat regularly and stay LC.

Started watching my calorie per pound intake in mid February to try to drop some weight for the hiking season. I'm doing a lot better at dropping inches than weigh - I guess all the training for and actually doing the hiking is adding muscle mass. Forgot to weigh this AM. Calories per pound yesterday 1922 / 174 = 11.05 (aiming for around 8 to 9.5 for weight loss). Current calorie range should be 1392 to 1653.

Total calories: 1922
Fat: 123 gms 1111 cal 59%
Sat: 49 gms 443 cal 24%
Poly: 26 gms 234 cal 13%
Mono: 38 gms 338 cal 18%
Carbs: 48 gms 143 cal 8% ECC: 36 gms
Fiber: 12 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 155 gms 618 cal 33%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
Grilled cheese - 4 ozs cheddar and 2 slices LC bread brushed with butter

Dinner: (stir-fry)
7 ozs pork loin - simmered in cream of mushroom soup with garlic - no sauce eaten
.75 cup okra - battered and fried
1 cup full-fat spinach salad
1 cup brocolli spears with 1 oz of melted Velveeta

About 169 oz water & 30 ozs coffee

Exercise: housework only (was a heavy cleaning day 4.5 hours of housework is a workout all by itself )
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 09:02

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Good Morning Everyone! We had such a wonderful trip! It was so much fun showing the kids the places we use to live, the schools and everything. We had so much fun at the beach looking for shells. We even found a huge star fish. It was a lot of driving, but when we had our oldest dd with us (22) she made the ride more fun, playing games with the younger ones (6,8 &16). I wish we'd had our oldest ds (21) but he had to work.

I was able to eat low carb the whole trip, but there was one day we only got in 2 meals. Arby's has wonderful sandwiches you can get without the bread, they serve it with a large piece of lettuce that you use to wrap it all in.

Orang - I hope things improve for your granddaughter. Stress and watching what you eat can be hard, hang in there!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 09:11

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning all.

yesterday started out good, then i hit a roadblock with pizza and beef for dinner.......

so 199.5 didn't last long, but this time it was my fault.

orang-- sending good wishes your way for you and your family.

songberrie-- glad you had a good trip...did i read correctly you have 5 kids??? wow. you are almost up there with eightc!!

bawdy-- i am looking for a new line of face products, will i should say, clenser and lotion as that is all i use....hehe, gotta love us "city gals". i have trouble sometimes because i need extra mostureizing as well as sensitive skin. i have been using Artistry, but since i decided not to do Quixtar, lost my source. where do you get the aveda stuff??
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 09:14

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Songberrie:
Glad you had a wonderful trip. Will have to give Arby's another try - eating their roast beef with a fork and no knife (they don't have knives here) is difficult.

Bawdy:
Hope the bloating has gone away today. Dinner sounded wonderful.

Turning green with envy re: pedicure and a facial. Enjoy.

Dawn:
Good joke re: Hokey-Pokey

Lissette:
Thanks for reminder to eat - I actually got two phone calls and six emails from concerned folks yesterday saying just that.

Glad you had a wonderful B-day and your friend is coming for a visit.

Robin:
So sorry to hear about vacation being ruined. My hubby had a similar problem with work and finally just got to the point of telling them "NO !!!" He is good enough at what he does that another company would hire him in a heartbeat and the current company would have a heck of time replacing him so -- they backed off.

Glad you are tracking again.

Chamellie:
Glad to hear tanning is going well and you love the short hair. Hope you had a great day off.

I may have to give yoga a try -- it the docs will let me.

Menus look great - as always.

Elaine:
Praying for you - hope you can post soon.

Kat:
Are you in my neck of the woods now? - remember you saying you would be visiting your Mom toward the end of the month...

acipenser:
Hope you will have time to play with us instead of the fishies today.

Unity:
Love those little ones - with all the frustrations they bring, you will really miss these days when they are grown.

Karen:
Great to see you.

Last edited by Orang : Wed, Mar-31-04 at 09:22.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 09:32

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning PP friends DD and I had a wonderful day together and found some cute clothes. I bought 2 skorts and a skirt, size 12 on the skorts and size 14 on the skirt Either the skirt ran small or the skorts ran big....I will choose the skirt ran small I am starting to get a frustrated with certain areas of my body. The fat just won't let go of my upper arms and hip area. Not sure what else to do other then to just keep doing what I am doing and hope that someday it will decide to go away.

Yesterday's menu:

B - 2/3 cup Atkins Morning Starts blueberry cereal (very tasty!), 1/2 cup CCD 2% milk, 1 cup coffee w/H&H splenda

Gym - 45 minutes elliptical machine

S - 2 stawberries sliced w/3 oz ff vanilla yogurt

L - applebees grilled chicken ceasar salad, full order, ate crutons gave garlic bread to DD

S - 1 SF mint patty

D - 2 salmon patties, 1 cup broccoli/cauliflower mix w/tsp butter

Dessert - 5 strawberries sliced w/ whipped cream

Orang - I am so sorry to hear about your granddaughter. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Song - Glad you had a nice trip

Michele - Have you ever tried Clinique products? I have used the Dramatically different Moisterizer since 1986 and swear by it. At 40, I still look like I am in my early thirties....good stuff
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 11:13

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Michelle, you can get Aveda products either online or at a salon. Just look in the phone book and look at the display ads. It will be shown prominently as it is a great product.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 11:35

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Good morning everyone

Song-Glad you had a fun trip. Welcome back.
Orang-Hang in there-our thoughts are with you.
Lissette-sorry I missed your birthday. Happy late birthday

Have a great day to everyone else
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 12:21

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Anybody know anything about Southbeach Diet? I am doing some research....so far pretty interesting.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 12:39

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

stupid scale
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 14:26

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Orang - yup, you're right, I don't like eating roast beef with a fork either! I had the turkey and swiss, and their turkey is so good! It makes my mouth water just thinking about it!

Acipencer - yup, I have five wonderful kids! We are having so much fun with the youngest two, keeps us young. We'll be married 24 yrs this July!

I lost over 100 lbs before I had my last two, I was in a size 10 for a couple of years, then we decided to have a baby. I just never do well when pregnant. I guess part of me wants to eat for two and fill out that smock! So I gained a bunch, then lost a little of it, but not all and we decided to have one more, so on went the weight again, and it just got worse over the years. But no more! I'm determined to take it off!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 18:48

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Sorry, but I only have a minute. Ellie, I know nothing about the South Beach Diet. Why not lurk over on that forum and see what it's all about?

My eating was right on CALP plan today; details in my journal if anyone is interested.

I'll post more tomorrow. See ya!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 21:30
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

quick check in... hi to everyone!!

My reward today was the facial that I scheduled.. It was DIVINE. ABSOLUTELY DIVINE... She gave me an extra treat by giving my hands a parafin wax treatment while she waited on a portion of my facial ...... darlings it will be hard to use this as a reward..cause I want to now make it part of my routine care.. maybe monthly.. 6 weeks tops. She said she noticed a HUGE difference in the dehydration of my skin since the last time I was there with sis.

G'nite dear friends.