Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 14:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/209/180
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default London, Ont

Anyone from, or near London Ont. ???????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 16:38
Registered Member

Stats: 185/132/120
BF:
Progress: 82%

Not me, but I have been there a while back!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 22:14

Stats: 437/???/200
BF:69%
Progress: 0%
Cool I'm Near London, Ont.

Hi, Quiet Man... I'm new here and have been browsing around and your post caught my eye. I'm from Woodstock, Ont. Thought I'd give you a shout......
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 10:58

Stats: 308/220/150
BF:
Progress: 56%

I'm from London. Cold enough for ya? *lol*

Lynne
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 14:12

Thumbs down BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

WOW!!!! It is cold isn't it.....I just can't believe it. Looks like you've been successful in losing a great amount of weight. Did you do it all on Atkins? How long did it take? How are you feeling now that you have the weight off. Oh, yah did I tell you I ask alot of questions....tee hee Welcome ............hope to hear from you soon.....BigMamma
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 15:00

BF:

Yes - I lost my weight all on Atkins. Unfortunately, I'm in a place right now where I'm having a hard time dealing with the plan and I've gained back about 20 pounds. I think there was a fear issue involved - fear of being thin. I'm working on it - and I won't ever give up until I get to a sensible weight.

Lynne
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 15:41

Unhappy Fear Issue....

I've got fears of being thin too and trying to deal with it one day at a time....or one minute at a time...If you have any advice how you're getting over/through it will you think of me and let me know if you have any advice about the issue? Would appreciate it......Celina
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 17:17

Stats: 220/215/170
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hello
I'm from Stratford Ont and it is COLD here
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 19:43

Talking Studabaker

Welcome aboard..........look forward to seeing your posts!!!
Hubby and I go to Stratford at least once a week!!!! Love going to Giant Tiger and House Of Blessings...also love to thrift store shop there.....
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 03:20

BF:

I haven't been to Stratford since before Christmas. My Mom and I made a trek over to pick up some chocolate for my sister who lives in Thailand. Fortunately, chocolate doesn't bother me at all, so I was able to enjoy the store without feeling anxious...lol We have a Giant Tiger here in London - not far from my house. I didn't realize Stratford had a great thrift store - I'll check it out the next time I'm there - Thrift shopping is one of my fave activities!

Lynne
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 06:33

Talking Shopping?

SwimQueen: Love thrift store shopping....love coming to London, too. Hubby and I haven't been there in awhile......it's sssssssssssoooooooooo cold and haven't ventured to far...hey...love the giant tiger there too....we are building our house around us and go to House For Humanity to get alot of our supplies...great store...lot's there..... great prices...Have a great Day.....Keep warm
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 06:44

BF:
Default Brrrrr...

It's cold this morning, but not unbearable. I just came in from walking with my dog. I meet some friends every morning at a leash free area and we go for about a mile - longer in good weather. There's no wind, so with the proper clothing it really was refreshing. Nothing like a good brisk walk to set up the day! I know the building materials store you're talking about - we got a set of taps there once.

Lynne
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 10:12

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 232/232/123 Female 5'2"
BF:

Hello Fellow Londoners!

New to the board, but certainly not low-carbing.
I have a question for you. Where do you get Atkins Shakes in London? I'm having a devil of a time getting them. The nutrition stores just will not stock them. I've tried Sangsters, Nutrition House, Spartan, GNC and I'm just so sick of retailers telling me how bad this shake is. And I keep telling them, that I happen to like it. I have (or used to have) one in the morning on the way to work and I was satisfied until lunch time - NO OTHER shake does that for me.

If you use Atkins shakes, where do you buy them?

(Actually, I had personally requested Sangsters to order some in for me and then patiently waited while they did so after several weeks, and then patiently waited another month or so for them to arrive. And guess what! They had gotten Atkins BAKE Mix, not Shake mix, and the manager went on to again tell me how bad and overpriced they were, bla bla bla.)
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 15:23

Stats: 274/231/150
BF:
Progress: 35%

I am in London, ON.....We've been here for just over a year. We moved here from Woodstock, ON(which I dearly miss).

Does anyone know where all one can buy Atkins stuff or low carb stuff here in London?
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 15:32
Registered Member

Plan: somersizing/atkins
Stats: 147/139/135
BF:20%
Progress: 67%

Hi KnCmamma
if you haven't already found a place to get yourr products in London,I would like to recommend the snd nutrition store at 660 Richmond. This store is fairly new, but I have been making purchases from their web site (out of Brandford) for over a year, they are great and their prices are better then anywhere I have checked. They give you an "SND" card and for every $30 your spend you get a stamp, after 9 stamps you get $25 worth of free products, also you get %5 off all your purchases on the spot.I am from Ingersoll , way to small of a town to get very many low carb products, I may call on you for info on places to get stuff(grocery store stuff like diet pop made with splenda,or SF pudding of jello made with splenda) If you try the snd store please let me know how you liked it, I've been recommending them to a lot of people.
Happy low carbing
Wendy