Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 15:38

Plan: Back to Modified Atkins
Stats: 198/185/135
BF:
Progress: 21%
Smile A Reintroduction of Sorts

Hello to all! I am a returning member!! I gave Atkins a whirl back in February and had success... I lost about 15 lbs or so, but went on vacation and gave up on Atkins out of sheer laziness.

I've miraculously been able to keep it off...but I really want to break through this 180 lb. barrier and get to a healthy weight of about 135 lbs. I'm 5'4" and honestly despise exercise! I realize I'll have to get moving...but I'm back and ready to get ATKINSing again and low-carbing my way to health!!

Thanks for listening to my confession of sorts and look forward to being motivated by a great group of folks!

Pepperoni
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 15:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/137/130 Female 65.5
BF:Unknown
Progress: 89%

Pepperoni,

Welcome back (from a fellow second timer). I had a similar experience (went on vacation and traded in my comittment for cookies). I found out that I felt horrible and missed the sense of wellbing and energy I have in this WOL. Congrats on not gaining and happy LCing.

Betsy
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 17:44

BF:

Thanks for the welcome Betsy! I am so excited to start again! (Monday is the official start date) I've been getting rid of the majority of carbs (pasta, crackers, etc) this weekend by either throwing them out or just rearranging my pantry so it's out of sight. No need for the temptation, right?!

Heather
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 11:59
RawSienna

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hiya Heather,
Welcome back! I'm new to the forum too...about 3 weeks...but not new to LCing. I found this forum right around the time that I started back into LC eating....after gaining 10 pounds back.
I am also 5'4" and want to get to 130 pounds...so hey...come along for the ride...we can do it together!
Start a journal. Thats what has helped me over the past 3 weeks...writing in my journal each day. Visiting and posting in other journals...forming friendships for support and encouragement. It works GREAT!
Anyhooo...glad your back...I'll check on your progress next week!
Cheers!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 12:41

BF:
Sienna,

Thanks for the words of encouragement...! Today being day 1, I'm already going through withdrawals!!! But I think I can hang in there. I'm a tough gal..!

I think I'll take your advice and start a journal. Sounds like a good way to be accountable. Looking forward to losing with you!

Take care,

Heather
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 14:46

Plan: Atkins, Simeons protocol
Stats: 285/197/165 Female 5'3
BF:45/39
Progress: 73%

Hi Pepperoni!
like your username. I am new too. Just started today to this forum. But not new to LC. I started doing atkins 31 years ago. Back then it was a no no.
Quote:
You just dont do that, it's not orthodox
Back then low fat became popular and the Atkins way got push in the back burner. low carbing will prevail. I too have took to many vacations from LC. And cookies and milk became precedence over cheese and cream. But back on it. And have a positive out look. Glad you were didnt gain any back. Great to visit with you!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 16:33
RawSienna

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hi Heather!
WTG...you've started! Those first few de-carbing days can be trying...for sure. Glad to hear you are determined to get through them! I just went through that myself....it wasn't pretty...but when you're determined, you can do anything!

Looking forward to seeing your journal start up! I'll have a few friends pop by when you do!

Hang in there....its ALL GOOD!