Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  1 plan, 2 people, 240lbs gone

View Article Article tools
  #76   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-10, 19:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/262/205 Male 6' 1
BF:waaay tooo much
Progress: 26%

Wow!!!!
Wow to both of you!!!

What an amazing transformation....

thank you very much for sharing that...its' good to see success.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-10, 19:31

Plan: LCHF/Keto
Stats: 162/116.6/117 Female 61 inches
BF:30.6%/22.0%/22.1%
Progress: 101%
Default Wow!

Can you see my chin on the ground? You both have done an AMAZING job!!

I've been on and off the bus for six years. My husband just got on. I'm DETERMINED to "win" this time! It's for optimal health! Thanks for the encouragement.
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-10, 13:27

Plan: idiot proof diet
Stats: 288/249/160 Female 5ft10in
BF:
Progress:

oh my!! ye look fab, what excerise were you doing alongside the change in eating
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-10, 09:06

Stats: 304.6/196/172 Female 5' 10
BF:
Progress: 82%

Wow! You both look amazing. You've encouaged me. Thanks.
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-10, 10:41

Plan: my own thing
Stats: 350/269.0/199 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 54%

Amazing story Krys, I am so impressed by both of you. My husband and I are both on a program but different ones. It is great to have the support though, we grew this big together now we are shrinking together. You are an inspiration, thanks for sharing!
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 16:04
Registered Member

Stats: 242/236/170 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

You look amazing! Did you have any trouble with excess or saggy skin? you have a simular starting weight to me and target weight. I wish i had taken soem pics before i started - although i can see a huge difference since losing 40 pounds i think having pics liek these would be a huge motivation.

Thanks for posting! X
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 16:09
Induction ≠ Atkins

Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

Honestly, I don't have much saggy skin. I just got lucky. I have a slight amount in my upper arms and thighs, but it you can't notice it most of the time.
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-10, 11:55

Plan: Low Carb with portions
Stats: 383.4/336.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 18%

I just want to say how awesome both you and your husband look.. Great job!!! and much Congrats.. I am trying to find that motivation, trying to find mojo with low carbing, like I did back in June of 2009..that I have lost back in August... your story is so inspiring!!!!! I am going to go to your journal... but being new here I have to find it.. Congrats again...
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-10, 12:10

Plan: Lighterlife (UK) sort of!
Stats: 397/244/173 Male 6'2"
BF:50.1%/31.3%/22.2%
Progress: 68%

Yowzah!

Congratulations to the pair of you!

For my part, I've just done the first 98 of the 224lbs I shall eventually lose, having been banging away at it since late July. You are great models and an inspiration to those of us who are still en route.

Yes, it can be done. Persistence, determination, and knowing why you're doing it are all part of making it work.

And now you've done it, keep standing on those scales and noting down the numbers, because however you might try and kid yourselves should things slip a pound or two upwards, the scales will not lie to you.

And when you see it happen, and sooner or later it will, I believe you have the guts to jump straight on it and kick that weight straight back out.

CONGRATULATIONS!
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-10, 13:25
Induction ≠ Atkins

We still weight daily - there is NO going back to how we were before. I have managed to stay within a 2lb swing in either direction, and that's about as much fluctuation as there is. I've been within 5 lbs of my current weight since May, so maintaining for about 6 months and change now. I'm about to start another push to get rid of these last 10-15 once I get past the holiday maddness I am quite content to be able to maintain through them. I fought to lose through them last year, and this year I'm planning to enjoy them a bit more and wait for the last big push. I am training for the Komen 3 day, which is 60 miles, so just doing that will probably get rid of the last of this - something I never would've imagined being able to do a year ago!
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-10, 11:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 310/310/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

congrads~~~i am starting again jan 1 i had lost 100 pounds on atkins before and got hurt on the job and gained it all back,i am commiting to start again and hope to accieve the same sucess.your story has inspired me thank you for sharing.
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 00:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 245/245/150 Female 5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

How are you doing on the weight so far? I have lost 55 and need at least another 55 to get to my goal. You two are an inspiration. I want to get down on my LC in Jan 2011. Just three more day.....yay!!
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 06:53
Induction ≠ Atkins

I am down about 105 lbs (I bounce between 161 and 163...have been for months). My husband is still losing, and has lost nearly 140 lbs as of today. He is about to cross the 200lbs mark (he started at 340lbs) and is at about 202. His original goal was 210lbs, but now he would like to get down to 175-180 and then really work on building more muscle (he is very solid now already - he has been working out with a personal trainer 3-4 times a week for a year now).

I would like to lose another 10-15lbs, and call it good. Once we get past the holidays, I will be getting ready to start my last big push. My goal was to maintain during this holiday season, which has been successful
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-10, 09:28
Registered Member

Plan: Lap Band/Atkins
Stats: 251/232/170 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Oh my goodness! You two look wonderful, and I can see from the smiles, you feel wonderful, too

Edited to add: The dress you are wearing in your avitar is the kind of dress I want to feel good in.
  #90   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-11, 01:15

Stats: 221.8/218.7/132 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 3%

well done ...... you look grate

Last edited by Almazmi : Sun, Jan-02-11 at 01:32.