Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-07, 15:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/237/199 Female 5'8''
BF:
Progress: 69%
Talking *waves*

Hi all,
My name is NicoleRenee (it only fit one "e" in my user name ) and I'm new. I started Atkins on February 1st, so less than a week ago. I attempted it about 3 years ago for almost 2 months and lost close to 40 pounds. I went off it, gained it back plus more. I have been over 300 pounds for most of my life. I just turned 39 and first hit the 300's (my top weight is 350) when I was 19. I have only gotten out of them 2x in 20 years, but only for a short period of time, and never got lower than 270. I now have diabetes Recently I tried being a vegetarian again (I was one for 6 years before), but I was gaining weight, so here I am eating meat again :/ and lots of it I am a carbAHOLIC!!! And right now I am dying for fruit, not bread, not pasta but fruit...is that weird??? Anyways I'm rambling. I'm terrified of the diabetes. I have started having problems with my feet because of it. I'm not on insulin. I do take meds though. Okay I think I have yapped long enough. I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you I am determined to get this weight off, and get my diabetes under control, and more than anything I want to be here for my 6 year old daughter, Serena who I love more than words
Thanks for listening

Last edited by NicoleRene : Mon, Feb-05-07 at 15:29.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-07, 15:37
Registered Member

Stats: 207/184/160 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Terrified of Da Feet

Me too! I found after one week on a strict Atkins induction diet, my diabetic foot started to feel like it was "alive" again. It had been numb and "lifeless" for over a year. My blood sugars are now always less than 120, and I stopped the metformin when I started induction. It made me an instant believer. I hope the same thing happens to you, and you will have a long happy life with your daughter!

Welcome Nicole Renee!

Joe
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-07, 15:39

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

HI there and welcome to the forum. We have a few things in common. I also am diabetic and scared of the complications. I follow a low carb plan to control BG as well as hoping for more weight loss. I want to be around for a long time also, as I too have a 6 year old daughter. There is alot of information over in the diabetic thread, if you haven't checked that out yet. I'm a member of the TDC ( Triple Digit Club), so come join us over there too! Lots of great people and support! I wish you well in your weight loss journey and in being able to control your diabetes! Feel free to drop by my journal if you'd like some additional support!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-07, 18:50
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Wecome, NicoleRenee! Glad you have joined us. I wish you the best of success on your journey.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-07, 18:53

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 499.0/166.0/199.0 Male 75 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Welcome to the forums. Best of luck on reaching your goals in 2007.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-07, 19:18
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. It means a lot to me I'm so glad I found all of you. I don't feel so alone and overwhelmed now Thank you!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-07, 20:56
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 205/200/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 8%

Welcome,

We are all here to help and support you, I too am pretty new to this forum and have found so much support , encouragement, advice, and inspiration on this site. When ever you feel like you just gotta eat....Fruit? Come here and read all the success stories, or look at new recipies and think about how many wonderful, tasty things you can have now!!! And not feel guilty! You've done it before and you can do it again, for your little girl and for yourself. Pretty soon you'll be playing at the park and doing all kinds of fun things. Just keep the faith, You can do it!! If you need any help we're just a few keys away!! By the way, nice name!!! All Renee's are brilliant!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-07, 20:57
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 205/200/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Welcome!!!!!

Welcome,

We are all here to help and support you, I too am pretty new to this forum and have found so much support , encouragement, advice, and inspiration on this site. When ever you feel like you just gotta eat....Fruit? Come here and read all the success stories, or look at new recipies and think about how many wonderful, tasty things you can have now!!! And not feel guilty! You've done it before and you can do it again, for your little girl and for yourself. Pretty soon you'll be playing at the park and doing all kinds of fun things. Just keep the faith, You can do it!! If you need any help we're just a few keys away!! By the way, nice name!!! All Renee's are brilliant!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-07, 21:03
The Best Me I Can Be

Stats: 190/135.5/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 91%

Welcome NicoleRenee. I just found this forum a few weeks ago myself. I LOVE this place. My father-n-law who lives with us, recently found out that he has diabetes. The doc said it would be best if he low carbs with my husband and I. He has done so well. He is still on meds, but doc said he could start decreasing them soon. We are so happy. Anyway, I wish you best of luck and if you have any question, just start a thread and I am sure you will get much support.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-07, 05:23
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you so much everyone
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-07, 06:00
Registered Member