Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 11:11

Plan: Carb cycling
Stats: 225/164/155 Male 5'8
BF:~15%
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcass
Have you lost weight just fine without any dieting? Without hunger? Anyone can lose weight by being hungry enough. Protein drinks when I used them made me very hungry and made me gain weight quickly.

But ok, since you are calling my bluff on this one I will find you some sources on the "bad for you" part. Until then I'll say it's related to the high temperature processing necessary to separate it and the lack of natural vitamins and fat. If it is hydrolzyed it has lots of glutamate (msg) too. But I'll get back to you on a few sources within a day or so.

You have to diet to lose weight. By diet I mean to consume less calories than you burn. As i said before the only reason you would gain fat is if you are taking in too many calories. Gaining weight can just mean water weight - are you sure you just didnt gain a few pounds of water weight? How much weight did you gain and over what period of time?

As for the "lack of vitamins and fat", well its a protein shake so as it suggests its mainly just protein. If you live off of them your diet will be deficient in vitamins and fat. It should be used only as a supplement to increase your protein intake, where you get fats and vitamins from other foods. Like anything if you buy the cheap ones then they probably will have junk in them, so buy a decent pure whey powder and you wont have any problems.
Sponsored Links