Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-28-01, 17:39

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/233/???
BF:
Progress:
Question

How about just a little tiny computer section. I would like to know where everybody gets the neat graphics 'n stuff! How do you attach pics to your profile. I suppose I could actually poke around the site and find out, but I am spending tons of time checking out the old messages I have missed!

Enquiring minds want to know....

Robin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-28-01, 20:35
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Here's how to get a pic next to your name:

Click on the "Profile" icon above. Then click on "Edit Options". All the way down you'll see a button "Change Avatar" You'll be able to choose from a large list of pics. If you prefer to use a different pic, you click on the "Yes" buttton where it says "Use custom Avatar". You can either type a link to the pic you want to use, or upload from your computer with the "Browse" button.

Let me know if it fails for some reason.

Re: computer section, do you mean like creating a new section for technical issues?

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-01-01, 07:13

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/233/???
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for your reply. I will check it out when I have a bit more time. I'm only on for about an hour in the morning before I get ready for work. Priorities....

I thought maybe a little tech section would be neat. Sometimes I feel left behind when I see what others do with their 'puters! That way if anyone is having problems, they have a place to go and check to see if the question has been asked before. I like being able to check older posts.

I've only just started checking out the whole site, because at first I didn't like the changes (sorry, change is hard for me) and I admit I didn't spend the time I should have to look around. Now, I really really like it and will take the low carber's oath to be more supportive of it!

Since I am so good at dumb questions, is there any way to mark where you have been? I frequently forget (old age) which thread I have checked out. I know this would be hard, but it would be great if the envelope flipped open once you have visited that thread, something like Outlook.

Oh yeah, how do you get the smilies into the post. See, told you I was behind the times!

Thanks for the response and the great site.

Robin

#4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-01-01, 08:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/184/156
BF:
Progress: 62%
Lightbulb Smilies

Robin, to put the smilies in the text of your message, you just enter the computer equivilant. ie. :then) =

they are called emoticons. and there are so many different faces you can make. if you have MSN messenger, in their help section they have a list of emoticons and how to get them. just look at the faces, ignore the other graphis, they won't work here.

Hope this helps.

Littleluv
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-01-01, 09:20
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I thought maybe a little tech section would be neat. Sometimes I feel left behind when I see what others do with their 'puters!

Here's what we can do, add in the discription of this forum "Coments box" that it's also for technical issues etc. So members can discuss all the 'puter issues.

Note also that we have a test forum so members can post junk messages to test all the smilies, bb codes, html etc.

Quote:
I've only just started checking out the whole site, because at first I didn't like the changes (sorry, change is hard for me) and I admit I didn't spend the time I should have to look around. Now, I really really like it and will take the low carber's oath to be more supportive of it!

I'm really glad to hear that

Quote:
Since I am so good at dumb questions, is there any way to mark where you have been? I frequently forget (old age) which thread I have checked out. I know this would be hard, but it would be great if the envelope flipped open once you have visited that thread, something like Outlook.

We already have that. Per forum you have those light bulbs, blue means no new messages or threads, yellow mean there are new messages of threads. Inside each forum, you red and grey envelopes, red means there new posts in a thread, grey means no new posts in a thread.

Quote:
Oh yeah, how do you get the smilies into the post. See, told you I was behind the times!

Just as Littleluv stated, in addition, click on the "smilies" link at the bottom of the page, and it will show you a lists of all available codes for smilies, like this and