Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1981   ^
Old Sun, Aug-13-17, 14:25

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello All...

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Keeping busy here. All is well.

Had steak and salad today

Pups are resting after a walk.

Sponsored Links
  #1982   ^
Old Mon, Aug-14-17, 03:10

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

De.... go to see you stop in. Glad you are chillax and had fun taking pups for a walk. I took the furbabbies on a 5 mile one yesterday! Happy doggies lots of chillin 😎 after!
Work today which has been very volatile with current world events! I have to take DS Truck to dealer the automatic door opener not working!
Have a marvelous Monday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1983   ^
Old Mon, Aug-14-17, 04:14
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Monday, 14 August 2017

Happy Monday, Warriors!

Wishing everyone a totally marvelous first day of the week!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 5 months, 3 weeks and counting... Wt = 114 lbs.

Today is the first day of school for the kiddos! I hope they are as excited as I am! There's so much I wanna teach 'em and so little time!

Imma always amazed what we have to accomplish in a 40-min class period. But we "get 'er done"...well, at least I do!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

I suffer from a chronic illness called “I’m only hungry when I start putting FOOD in my mouth!” syndrome!
~ JJ

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Busy weekend trying to get my things to do list done and walking the doggies! Plus I was doing some trails yesterday so it all good!
I hear you on the w/e chore to-do-list! I accomplished everything I had to this w/e too!

Nice that you got to take the furbabies out on some trails Saturday!
Quote:
Jo.. DGD is 9 going on 18. She luvs the computer so always reading and questioning everything!
at 9 going on 18! That's cool that she loves the computer and uses it to expand her knowledge verses what a lot of other kiddos her age use it for which is pure entertainment such as gaming, etc..
Quote:
Work today which has been very volatile with current world events!
Yeppers, I can imagine how that would affect the stock markets world-wide! Hope that doesn't mean a lot of extra work for you!
Quote:
I have to take DS Truck to dealer the automatic door opener not working!
Bummer! Hope it's an easy fix!
Quote:
Have a marvelous Monday warriors and take care of yourself!
I will and I hope you do too!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hope you all are having a good weekend.
Mine was terrific and productive! Hope you had an excellent w/e as well!
Quote:
Keeping busy here. All is well.
That's good to hear! B/c you know I worry when we don't hear from you on here!
  #1984   ^
Old Mon, Aug-14-17, 05:33

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI DE, steak and salad you can never go wrong...yum

Bernie, yea I am a prepper type. Got into a while ago and bought alot of things, some I still have like a water purifier in the closet etc...HAHA...but as I go on I realize there is not much 'real prepping' a prepper can do without being total sufficient in a way. Yea we can get alot of things in our house, like hubby's guns and ammo but stock this and that but in the end your location is key in big time troubles. Since I stopped super prepping now I find as long as I stock up some food and supplies etc in this house I do feel better LOL I love prepper shows and such and just enjoy that type of stuff.

JO, yea our weather is horrible for August. Still mowing which is insanity...by now we should have dry crinkle grass and mowing is done for a bit but heck no.....tons of rain (which is good but not what I want now lol) and today is like in the 70s from the storms around. We should be HI 90s easily....so strange this crappy summer weather. Hate it. but I sure can't control it, well, other than move to better weather I guess HA

HI ALL
nothing much
life is turning to back to school now
out shopping for supplies and she wants new glasses

tomorrow is clothes, shoes etc so just filling up my days to shop which never thrills me but has to be done heck she don't want to shop either, she wants the 'things' but doesn't want to go for them lol....told her it don't work that way, she has to go and get what she wants or she won't get anything LOL
oh well......

SOLD our 27 acres finally. WEE...just waiting for that check in my hand at closing Good to have that off us now. When we farmed land was SO important ya know.....when we stopped farming and I sold my last horse the land became a noose around our necks. Crazy how you change thru needed situations in life.

great day all
  #1985   ^
Old Tue, Aug-15-17, 05:53

BF:

rain still
omg crappy summer for the pool
started off rough and now weather is junk. hate it all but will live thru it all HAHA

got nice top sirloin steaks for grill tonight
tuna/sardines for brunch time....crab legs are calling my name, must find good sale on those

nothing much
kid to dr. for school shots in a bit
then stop at grocery, she says I never buy good food?? oh come on ya know....SHE wants to food shop, shoot me now please I do have to say thinking about it I have stopped buying So much and now she wants it back HAHA will be interesting shopping trip this time

usual day under a cloudy rainy sky. big lightening last night, I love big lightening yes I am a lover of the big Tstorms!!
Old days Dad would put lawn chairs at the end of the garage and we would watch the big Tstorms and enjoy the power of it all....great memories!

everyone warrior have a fab day
  #1986   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-17, 05:04

BF:

Hello warriors,

Karen.... sorry to hear about the rainy weather and lack of pool time. That what happened to us in the Midwest with the. Pool always hit or miss! I even put a heater on it but it ended up always costing more than we used it! Kiddo sounds like mine use to be so I would give them a cart and calculator and set a budget let them shop for themselves! They learned quick how costly their junk cost. They were putting it back so they had real food to get through the week. Their real food was still carbs and ready to eat but at least some resemble of real food. Today they are healthy eaters both follow the paleo lifestyle! My son is a runner so does more protein.

Hello dear jo hope first day back with kiddos was terrific!

Hello De and HM6

Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #1987   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-17, 05:31
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Wednesday, 16 August 2017

Happy Hump Day, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally wondrous Wednesday in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Came in here yesterday, was writing a post and BAM! Lightning storm shut down the power for several hours. Thankfully it came back on to give me enough time to get ready for school at my usual time!

Being FAT is Hard, Losing Weight is Hard, Keeping the Weight OFF is Hard ~ Choose your Hard!!
~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO, yea our weather is horrible for August. Still mowing which is insanity...by now we should have dry crinkle grass and mowing is done for a bit but heck no.....tons of rain (which is good but not what I want now lol) and today is like in the 70s from the storms around. We should be HI 90s easily....so strange this crappy summer weather. Hate it. but I sure can't control it, well, other than move to better weather I guess HA
I hear ya on the weather! We're getting much needed rain here! I ain't complaining! But I understand the insane mowing! Gonna tackle that this Saturday!
Quote:
life is turning to back to school now
out shopping for supplies and she wants new glasses

tomorrow is clothes, shoes etc so just filling up my days to shop which never thrills me but has to be done heck she don't want to shop either, she wants the 'things' but doesn't want to go for them lol....told her it don't work that way, she has to go and get what she wants or she won't get anything
at "wants things but doesn't want to shop for 'em"... she sure does SOUND a lot like her mom for sure!
Quote:
SOLD our 27 acres finally. WEE...just waiting for that check in my hand at closing Good to have that off us now. When we farmed land was SO important ya know.....when we stopped farming and I sold my last horse the land became a noose around our necks. Crazy how you change thru needed situations in life.
Congrats on selling your land! I hope you made a very nice bundle of $$$$$$ for your "retirement" traveling fund!
Quote:
omg crappy summer for the pool
started off rough and now weather is junk. hate it all but will live thru it all
Sorry to hear that your weather is still crappy! Hopefully you'll have better weather soon!
Quote:
...then stop at grocery, she says I never buy good food?? oh come on ya know....SHE wants to food shop, shoot me now please I do have to say thinking about it I have stopped buying So much and now she wants it back HAHA will be interesting shopping trip this time
Does she mean "good food" as in carb-age???? Or have you gotten her to eat more healthful??

Berni:
Quote:
Hello dear jo hope first day back with kiddos was terrific!
It really was terrific! But everyone was exhausted by the end of the day (kiddos and staff)... it takes a bit of time to get back into the swing of school routines, etc!

Wasn't as exhausted yesterday!
Quote:
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks and you too, dear friend!

De & hm6: Hope you ladies are doing well!
  #1988   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-17, 06:21

BF:

Bernie I get ya on your pool situation when ya had one. Mine is now one step from being a total pain in the azz I love to float around but lately I am flipping more to hate the pool vs. love it LOL and yea cost stinks. I almost thought of a heater also when the weather has changed and we can't swim into Oct anymore....old years Sept was HOT but now it starts to cool off so much sooner here and it ticks me off. I thought about it like you and decided that electricity bill would be frightening!! Not going there. I guess the old 'ya get what ya get' with a pool is what goes down lol

Very cool on the kids doing their own budget shopping with the little carts! Love that!

JO yea just have to wait to have that check in my hands now. SO happy that land is unloaded! Heck I just paid the taxes on it but luckily I get some back when sold We just want it gone now ya know, when ya don't need it ya don't need it.

Kiddo and I did no grocery shopping. After the Dr and fast shots she said she wanted Burger King and home, NO shop for her so she didn't cost me a fortune....oh she was gonna get more crap food than good She says I never buy the good crap stuff anymore HAHA...well too darn bad lol----but she doesn't eat tons of crap thru the day tho. She holds more toward healthy, the bit of LC stuff I taught her is holding so I am happy with that. I think she will grow up into a 'smart eater' for sure, she got the info and I keep putting it into her still She is the type to get a bacon cheeseburger at a restaurant and cancel the fries and get a salad on the side, so 'she gets it' and puts it into practice so I got good feelings on her eating in the future. Thankfully she is not overweight in any way for 12...I tell ya girl I am surprised at how heavy kids are today and she is fine so if we made it this far?? I hope she can go the whole way in life controlled with her eating....one can hope

HI ALL
today is get moving a bit and off to the mall.
the MALL!!! omg. HELP.
will report back how this went, bleck.
should be ok tho....even though I can see the fights of 'try that on before buying' is gonna be brutal!

fab day all
  #1989   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-17, 04:27

BF:

No mall, kid blew me off
I was fine with it.

she is delaying cause she doesn't want to try on things when she wants to buy HAHA

well she wants to go next week sometime. all cool

HI ALL
nothing major doing
I am going grocery shopping today and kid wants to go with me....NOW this will be interesting cause I DO everything very early AM cause I was a farmer type and my life is super early AM and it is just me now. I wonder if she is gonna bothering going with me. I will give her a 'tad more time' than I normally would....cause it is 6:30 right now, store opens at 7am and I was gonna be there when it opened, but I am gonna give her sleep time til 7:30, tell her we are out the door around 8 and it will be super interesting to see if she bothers LOL And I made her go to bed earlier last night just to get up earlier this morning HAHA

oh my life....crazy on some situations

Will pick up some nice meats on sale. Need a small freezer restock.

hope everyone is doing good!!
  #1990   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-17, 05:36
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Thursday, 17 August 2017

Happy Friday Eve, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

OMG yesterday was amazing at school! I have the best kiddos EVER! It went by so crazy fast, I could hardly believe the school day had ended! Did I tell you guys HOW much I really teaching???

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal. It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.”
~ Winston Churchill

Karen:
Quote:
JO yea just have to wait to have that check in my hands now. SO happy that land is unloaded! Heck I just paid the taxes on it but luckily I get some back when sold We just want it gone now ya know, when ya don't need it ya don't need it.
I totally get that you didn't need it any more and Imma glad that you were able to sell it!
Quote:
---but she doesn't eat tons of crap thru the day tho. She holds more toward healthy, the bit of LC stuff I taught her is holding so I am happy with that. I think she will grow up into a 'smart eater' for sure, she got the info and I keep putting it into her still She is the type to get a bacon cheeseburger at a restaurant and cancel the fries and get a salad on the side, so 'she gets it' and puts it into practice so I got good feelings on her eating in the future. Thankfully she is not overweight in any way for 12...I tell ya girl I am surprised at how heavy kids are today and she is fine so if we made it this far?? I hope she can go the whole way in life controlled with her eating....one can hope
That's awesome that you've taught her to be a smart eater and hopefully that will continue on her entire life!

Oh I KNOW about the overweight kiddos... I see plenty of them at school and a lot of it has to do with their food choices! There are MORE overweight kiddos then ever before!
Quote:
today is get moving a bit and off to the mall.
the MALL!!! omg. HELP.
will report back how this went, bleck.
should be ok tho....even though I can see the fights of 'try that on before buying' is gonna be brutal!
at brutal! Good LUCK at the mall, but I totally agree with your DD!

I totally HATE trying stuff on... well less now since I don't shop in the PLUS sizes anymore... but it's still this side of HELL for me! I don't have the patience and Imma really low maintenance when it comes to my appearance, KWIM? That's my story and Imma stickin' to it!
  #1991   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-17, 09:47

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good morning Warriors..

I hope everyone is well. I am still keeping busy!

I have been spending my days sorting through stuff. I have been staying up really late to get stuff done and not getting enough sleep. So today I am dragging.

I will have to make my way over for groceries sometime today. Supplies getting low.

Have a good one!
  #1992   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-17, 16:19

BF:

Hello warriors ,

Quick drive by to say hello!

I have the grandkiddies till 7. Mom in downtown Chicago!

Lordy will crawl in bed and sleep some before work!
Have a terrific Thursday and take care of yourself!
  #1993   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 04:12
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Friday, 18 August 2017

Happy Friday, Warriors!

Hope everyone is doing well and wishing each of you a totally FAB-tastic day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Hard to believe that the first week of school is almost over.

It truly went by crazy fast! I have the BEST-EST bunch of kiddos EVER! We have 173 kiddos registered and I have 118 of 'em in my various classes!

Wonder what happened to hm6?? Been a while since she posted on here. She was doing so well, I hope everything is okay...

“At the end of the day, I will NOT regret what I DID NOT eat since I REFUSE to serve myself up a plate of GUILT!”
~ me

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I have been spending my days sorting through stuff. I have been staying up really late to get stuff done and not getting enough sleep. So today I am dragging.
Hope you got a chance to just chil-lax yesterday!
Quote:
I will have to make my way over for groceries sometime today. Supplies getting low.
I hear ya! Since school started, Imma back to raiding Wally World on Wednesdays... just works out best for me that way!

Quote:
Have a good one!
Thanks and hope you have a good one too!

Berni:
Quote:
Quick drive by to say hello!
Quote:
I have the grandkiddies till 7. Mom in downtown Chicago!
Wow that makes for a long day for both you and her!
Quote:
Lordy will crawl in bed and sleep some before work!
Sounds like an awesome plan! You gotta take care of YOU too!
  #1994   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 05:05

BF:

JO, yea the kiddies are bigger than ever. Not just here either, it is SO global now that obesity is truly an epidemic worldwide. Sad truly

I am the same on low maintenance now. Old days was high heels and panty hose, corporate suits and skirts and all the work involved with that and when I gave it up for farming I never went back at all! And will never go back ever

DE---you slow down some my friend
Nothing is worth doing if it taxes ya into being too tired, life is too darn short to make it all about getting stuff done ya know LOL I changed and put me first at all times now. Can't go back to my 'get'it'all' done now ways....getting too darn old to care about crap anymore

Bernie, lordy you get some darn sleep now also!! You are such a busy busy person....I can't wait til you come on this thread and say I AM RETIRED now and you can change up that busy schedule!!

HI ALL
nothing much
got some nice whole chickens at .89/lb. Grabbed a bunch for freezer, cooler weather and I love just throwing a whole chicken in the oven and done
Got some NY strips which aren't my fav but they will do....price for meats are rough out there so gotta go where the sales go!

everyone have a fab---and relaxing if ya can---day
  #1995   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-17, 05:57

BF:

Hello warriors,

Karen.... Yepper I am waiting till they offer me a generous retirement package. Or when I get that big true up in 2020. Then I am gone. As it is they are not filling any positions so we keep getting more work they are talking on transitioning it off shore so it only a matter of time! Hey great buys on the whole chik. Can't beat those prices. Wally stopped price matching so now I have to go to multiple stores if my protein on sale. Everything else still cheaper at Wally or Aldi.
Jo...so glad you have a great bunch of kiddos! 114 in all your classes that is outstanding!
De... hey I with Karen with all you do rest is important!
Take care of yourself De!
They said I will get my Escape back on Monday! Yeah me! It hasn't been bad I have been driving a Kia Sedona a little big for me but definitely luxurious with grandkiddies!
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
Closed Thread