Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 00:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/208/180 Female 5ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Slow Moving

Can anyone help me out? I have been doing Atkins since June 4 and I lost 15 lbs right away, now for the last week or so I don't seem to be losing anything. I have lost 2 1/2 inches off my waste and I can fit into some old clothes, but I didn't think I would see such a slow down so fast. I have been sticking to it rigidly and now I'm getting frustrated because I'm not eating a lot, I 'm not hungry, I am in the purple range on the keto sticks but the scale won't move. Any ideas???? Please let me know, I'm just not sure if this is the way it goes or is something wrong?
Thanks for any tips,
Debbie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 00:45

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile More exercise??

Weight loss is not continuous. The body needs a time to adjust itself once a lot of weight-loss occurs.

Without more information on exactly what you are eating, I'll assume that you are doing all the right things.

Are you drinking enough water?

Stepping up on exercise might help raise metabolism and increase weight loss.

Take care,
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 01:02

BF:

Thanks for answering me, my general routine is 2 eggs for breakfast either fried, boiled or omlette with cheese, mushrooms. lunch is usually 2 all beef hotdogs and green salad with ranch dressing and supper is roast, or chicken or porkchops with broccoli or salad. I drink a fair amount of water, 2 or 3 cups of black coffee a day and I try to walk everyday. Actually, I haven't been hungry at all and the last 2 days I've been getting a little heartburn which is unusual for me. Can you tell me if pork rinds are ok in unlimited amounts if I'm in a snacking mood and if I want pizza can I order a pizza and take the toppings off and throw out the crust? Is that ok? Pretty new at this stuff so any advice is greatly appreciated.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 06:55
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Hi Dab!

Some people lose very steadily, some people lose weight in chunks after a plateau of 2-3 weeks.... or longer! But a plateau after induction is very common. I was just like you (except worse!)... I went into a panic when I stalled out after induction, just KNOWING that this diet was gonna fail me too. But thanks to the folks on this board I just stuck it out and sure enough, the scale started moving again. Then I plateaued AGAIN....for 7 weeks....then I lost 5 lbs. So I've had to learn to persevere through the plateaus and just have faith. Ive had to adjust my whole mental attitude toward weight loss that for ME, it will just take longer to lose the weight than I had planned!! Oh well, at least the scale keeps moving in the right direction and I'm very happy with the way I feel and the foods I'm eating. And, when I average it all out, I'm losing at the rate of 0.6 lbs. per week....right on target. We'd all love to lose 2-3 lbs a week, but for most of us it just doesn't happen that way.

Your menu sounds fine. I'd go easy on the pork rinds, just because of the salt content. And they may be the reason you're having heartburn. I get hearburn if I'm under some stress and then eat something spicy and high in fat. Maybe just keep an eye on the spices until your body adjusts to this new WOE.

You're doing really well. This board will be very helpful to you if you visit and post often. You'll make some great friends, too!!! Big Bonus!!

Hope this helps....
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 09:34

BF:

Thanks for the reply. I don't eat the pork rinds much. I guess I was just expecting more than I got. I will hang in and please stay in touch.