Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 07:43
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 310/254/190 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Boy what a good disappointment..

I have YET in the two months of being back on low carb to go even a week without falling off.
Things just keep coming up where I'm put in a spot where all there is, is carb laden foods. (family get togethers).

Well last week I told my self that no matter what, I was going to go at lest two weeks. Even though I have lost 15 lbs in the two months.

Last night I had to go to my GF's Grandmothers 75th birthday party. Well I did not have time to grab something to eat before going and I had only had about 200 calories at that time and had gone for a 2 mile run on my lunch hour. So needless to say, I was HUNGRY...

Yeah, well I had breaded chicken, pasta salad, potato salad, bread sticks and cake with ice-cream. I felt so bad after eating all that.
But this morning I stepped on the scale and I was down 1lbs even after all that. That was great, but the disappointing part was that had I not done that - how much "could" I have been down. I had for the last 3 days really felt the ketosis, the taste, smell and energy level all told me I was there. It's gone now... But back at it I go.

This just goes to show you, if you fall off, it does not always mean that you are done. So just suck it up and start over.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 07:50
Ohmahgawd! Really??

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 314/306.5/300 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

That's the best attitude to have, IMHO. Don't be surprized though if you go back up a little in the next day or so. It will come back off if it does. Just get right back on that wagon!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 10:29

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamnfae
That's the best attitude to have, IMHO. Don't be surprized though if you go back up a little in the next day or so. It will come back off if it does. Just get right back on that wagon!

Seriously, dreamnfae is right, great attitude, but dont be surprised if your scale does go up. Keep up the exercise and pound the h2o.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 10:33
Bound for Onederland

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/188/199 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:lil' bit, ok lots
Progress: 127%

It's not so good to lose after a cheat. It seems to give me artistic license to go off plan and still think somehow i'm going to lose again. Steady as she blows, sailor. You are doing great! PS, I'm a former Michigander.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 10:36
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Sometimes the scale will go up two days after a cheat, so be prepaired, I agree it's not good psychology to lose after a cheat, and you might find it gives your brain cart-blanche to do it again, BEWARE!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 13:17

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Slim Jims in the glovebox

Don't leave home without 'em. I think they get better after being baked in the car for weeks. Most quick stops sell 8 oz of cheese.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 13:22
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

Hi neighbor in Jenison (I used to live in Hudsonville, briefly) I'm in Holland. A few of us refer to Jenison as Jerusalem.

Good luck and take care
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 15:02
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 310/254/190 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggerz
A few of us refer to Jenison as Jerusalem.

I never heard that one before...

I think I'm going to be ok, this time. But you guys are right, don't do it again.

I ran another 2 miles at lunch and I have a hockey game tonight so I sould have a good workout for the day. I'll keep the fingers crossed just in case. Oh and I wont step on the scale for a few days...