Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 19:41
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 164/146/125
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default Penance for an ice cream bar?

Okay, what's the penance for an icecream bar? Is it that I gain back the 10 lbs that I lost? Is it that I stall for another 2 weeks, (that's nothing new since I haven't lost in 2 weeks anyhow) Will I wake up tomorrow morning and want more? Will I turn orange?
Will I only be able to sleep for 1 hour instead of my usual 3 hours since I started this diet? What's the price I'll have to pay? Do I really have to go back on induction for an ice cream bar? I'm not feeling any more cravings. I don't feel the urge to eat another. I don't feel the urge to eat anything. So, does that mean I'm okay? So many questions.........
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 20:55

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

you don't "need" to do anything. If you go back to induction levels for a few days, weight loss will restart more quickly, but you don't have to! If you have no cravings, yea! (the cravings can be darned sneaky when they re-appear) I advise getting on the scale tomorrow and seeing what happens. If it's a three-pound gain, then you have extra motivation not to do this again. The pounds are hard to take off for most of us, so delaying our loss comes to be not worth the very brief pleasure (if any) of a carby food.

Take this time to try and figure out why you did it. What triggered this, how did you get access to the carbs, and how will you avoid doing it again? This is the harder part of the journey for many folks, but it's well worth the effort.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 08:35

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Talking Orange!

If you turn orange can you please post a picture? I'd like to see that!

Seriously though, don't beat yourself up over a little cheat-hang in there!

-animaldoc
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/154/135
BF:
Progress: 42%

I know exactly how you feel tree, I felt the same way when I slipped up. Forgive yourself and get back on track. But it does sound like you really do not want to do induction again...when it might really help you, even for just a few days.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 09:49

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Theresa, I know just how you feel and the frustration. I keep gaining/losing the same 4 pounds.

There are times I feel like giving up, or giving in and then I remind myself.....if I wasn't on this diet, I would be gaining uncontrollable.

Just for the record a stall is considered 6 weeks with no measurement or scale change. Did you take measurements before you started the diet? If not you may want to do that. Many times the numbers on the scale doesn't budge but the tape measure shows results.

Hang in there. Jump back on the wagon and stick with it.