Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-04, 16:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/159.5/135 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default just bought the bars

I just bought 2 boxes of 5 bars each so I could have something for breakfast besides eggs. These are the chocolate decadence ( i think) and the chocolate with nuts.

Will they still be ok for 1st phase?

I am having a real problem loosing much of anything on induction.

I thought I was counting right, but now I am not so sure. Then again it could be the hormones I am on.

I don't know.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 15:39
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

*****bump******
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-04, 06:03

BF:
Exclamation

Thanks for bumping this note I wrote on the 9th of OCtober.

Since then I have found on the Atkins site that the bars I bought have not had any changes and they are still ok for induction. I have remained on Induction or OWL with no more than 30 carbs a day. I am loosing although slowly, at least I am loosing and I don't really go out of my way to excercise.

The BARS are really really helpful in the fact that I have found them to take the edge off the 'sweet tooth' for chocoate, and I use them as an alternative to either breakfast or lunch every other day or so. THis seems to keep the calories at bay and the bars keep me 'full' until the next meal. They don't spike the blood sugar so I guess that is why.

THey do cost more than some other foods, but they are keeping me on track, and that is so important!!...RIGHT??

I am going to try cutting a bar in 'bite size bits" and freezing them to give them an extra kick and they will take longer to eat. I wonder if they are ok to heat up....especiall the brownie bar.?? well, I will let you know!

Take care,
Debi
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-04, 09:02

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Hi Debi, I know a few folks around here suggest that you cut out the bars, however I believe they can help initially as you get through the initial cravings withdrawal. I suggest you switch over as soon as you can to more natural foods. The goal is to be healthy and slimmer, so natural foods will be better for you. I did the same thing with the bars and sf chocolate and it slowed my weight loss down.

I think a lot of folks have trouble with breakfast. Try to think out of the box and have things for breakfast that you would normally eat for lunch or dinner. For example, I eat cottage cheese for breakfast. I had a hamburger today.

Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 05:46

BF:
Default about the bars...

Hi,
Thanks for replying to my post.

I have stuck with induction for over 6 weeks now and seem to be loosing very very slowly. It wasn't until I decided that maybe I was eating too many calories, within the peramiters of induction, that I tried the 'bar for a meal' method.

I am sure that exercise would help, but just haven't gotten into that yet. I know this would speed up the loss.

THanks for any help.

Debi