Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 15:14

Plan: modifiedprimal/southbeac
Stats: 420/420/200 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Giant has a Gym Log

I am a student so I don't have the scratch to go to the gym. That's cool, I've got some DVD's and a nice park to foot around with my wife and dog. This is all just to say my posts will mainly be like this:

Did the workout tape 3 days this week. Power walked every day. Used that resistance cord thing once.

Going to go for a power walk in about an hour.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 18:39

BF:

Was walking with my wife...but I've got bad shoes. They are new, but my feet were going numb...and I have terrible pain in my left foot. Stopped after about 15 minutes of power walking. I wasn't even out of breath...just in pain.

Went to the Sketchers store...they have wide width. Couldn't find anything in my size. It was a bit frantic in there today. Everything was picked over.

So, in the end...I only got about 15 minutes of cardio in. I'm kind of pissed about it. I have the energy, but my foot is killing me.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 18:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 359.6/341.6/259.6 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 18%

new balance has wide width. i have a few pairs.
currently, i have a pair of nike shox, but they are pretty narrow.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 18:44
Registered Member

BF:

also, stay away from walking shoes or sneakers. they are usually heavy. running sneakers are great for walking.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 19:34

BF:

thanks for the tip, man.
I'm heading back to the store Tuesday...a real live shoe store with middle aged men who say things like "That's the Lincoln Continental of Running shoes."

They still give me gum every time too. Like when I was a kid, and I still love it. Some things never change no matter how big you get.

Peace.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-08-07, 11:18

BF:

Last night I did the Kathy Smith DVD.
I tried the Biggest Loser one first, but I have 8lb weights and couldn't make it through the sculpting part. I need some fivers I think.

but then my wife and I did a power walk...and I actually jogged 2 blocks and felt awesome about it. I caught my breath in less than a minute too...which is crazy for me!

Anyway, the biggest problem has been my shoes. My feet have felt like they were breaking. I got some really awesome shoes today from an old school shoe shop where the sales people take time with you and don't bullsnap you.

I am stoked!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-08-07, 18:23

BF:

Shot hoops for a bit today.
Not a ton of time...lots of studying to do.
But I have plans to shoot baskets with a friend tomorrow.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-08-07, 20:15

BF:

Okay.
I'm really feeling the fact that I didn't do much exercising today. I feel kind of blah and gross. The past week as I've exercised, I feel really good and energized, even when I'm beat.

Tomorrow, I'm definitely doing cardio during the afternoon a few hours before I go shoot hoops.

I'm also in dire need of patience. I keep looking in the mirror to see if I look different. That is no good. I'm over 360 pounds and have only lost 7. There will be no difference in looks yet. I know this...but it's hard not to wonder.

Does anyone else do this...or have you.

Blech
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-08-07, 20:18
Registered Member

BF:

ye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Okay.
I'm really feeling the fact that I didn't do much exercising today. I feel kind of blah and gross. The past week as I've exercised, I feel really good and energized, even when I'm beat.

Tomorrow, I'm definitely doing cardio during the afternoon a few hours before I go shoot hoops.

I'm also in dire need of patience. I keep looking in the mirror to see if I look different. That is no good. I'm over 360 pounds and have only lost 7. There will be no difference in looks yet. I know this...but it's hard not to wonder.

Does anyone else do this...or have you.

Blech
yea, i check the mirror every morning. still fat though lol
probably wont notice anything if we look everyday. at our weight, we probably wont notice anything major till we lose like 40 lbs or so
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-08-07, 20:27
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Shot hoops for a bit today.
Not a ton of time...lots of studying to do.
But I have plans to shoot baskets with a friend tomorrow.
i used to shoot hoops for hours and hours when i was in my late teens, early 20s
i really enjoyed it. im gonna go pick up a ball from modells tomorrow and shoot around at the park
i need to do something. i dont work out or anything. i do walk a lot, but thats just being in manhattan. total walking time is maybe on 30 mins a day though
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-09-07, 05:20

BF:

Yeah, I live in Chicago and walk a ton too (no car, live .5 miles from the train)...but I've noticed that since I started intentionally walking for exercise, the engery increases and it's helped with the weight loss I think.

You're losing pretty quickly too...I bet shooting hoops will be tons of fun, but also up the rate at which you're losing.

And now that it's getting nice out, prolonged hours outdoors feel great.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-09-07, 20:07

BF:

Drove around with my buddy for AN HOUR!! We couldn't find one free basketball court. ARRGGHHHH.
I'll make up for it tomorrow.

I did walk the park once with my wife. Summer seems to be here.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-10-07, 16:19

BF:

Did the Kathy Smith DVD.
For some reason, about half way through, my lower half felt like cement. Not sure what the deal is there. But I pushed through and did the whole thing. Feel really good right now.

Not doing good exercise the last two days left me feeling unaccomplished and kind of antsy and kind of blah. I did the vid today and then went outside with the dog. Even though I NEVER go with just a t-shirt and try to look presentable even for a dog walk...I didn't care. My shirt is full of sweat and my hair is soaked, but I went out with the dog and enjoyed a walk with my dog...and loved it even though I had done 30 full minutes of cardio.

I even ran into some neighbors, which normally would embarass me...but I figured they'd probably just be like "Oh, he worked out...that's great" So, screw it.

Let me just say, if anyone reads this, Do your exercise! It just does a body good. I don't even care about the scale right now...it's good to exercise.

That said, Kathy Smith is starting to get on my nerves. I wish I could do the DVD without her voice. She does put together a good workout. But when you start to memorize even the ad libbing they do...you know you've watched a vid too much.

Peace!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 11:54

Plan: my own
Stats: 278/213.8/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

i know what you mean i started out with leslie sansones walk away the pounds. omg i was so tired of her peppy voice after awile but i was doing it so much i just put on music and exercised by memory and watching.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 14:42

BF:

Just did a really good upper body work out.
Did half of a lower body workout.

This was my first True attempt to do weights. So, I'm pretty cool with what I did. Next time I'll push through and do the entire lower body as well. This is all on video, mind you...so the pace is non-stop. I was going for about 38 minutes.

there is an ab workout too. I will possibly try that tomorrow or something.

I think the way I'll do it is this:

3 days a week I'll do the intense cardio tape.
3 days a week I will do sculpting

On the days I don't do the intense cardio, I will make sure I power walk outside.