Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 18:46

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 185/170/135
BF:
Progress: 30%
Exclamation I guess I still have a problem!

Our neighbor gave us a lb. box of Russell Stover chocolates, and I polished off most of the box! I surprise myself sometimes! What am I trying to do - mess up my perfect insulin level??

Good Grief, what's to become of me at Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Judy

(7 months of successful Schwarzbeining with only a few small slips until now)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 22:33

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

LOL...chocolate happens!

Alright...here's my "okay, I fell of the wagon" (or got back on? I never know how that works) reaction...

It happened and you can't take it back...but you can turn a negative into a positive in a few different ways...

The first question is what can I learn from this? Where did I go wrong? What will I do differently next time? What made me vulnerable?

This way you can go from feeling like a victim - or worse, like you messed up and there's something wrong with you - to a proactive approach.

By the way Judy...typing this out has really helped me too...I've been struggling for months now and I had forgotten a lot of my own advice!!!

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 10:17

BF:

I thought my behavior/my choice was pretty odd, but I have absolutely no guilt or negative feelings about it or about myself.

This is a joy to behold!

The halloween candy is not tempting me at all. But I still say my saving grace is having SomerSweet desserts made. I've proven to myself that it does not spike insulin levels. I know it is mostly natural with only a small amount of chemical as a preservative. I eat chocolate mousse everyday with nuts and it satisfies my sweet tooth. I never crave more. It does not trigger sugar cravings.

Mark my words, one day Dr. S. is going to endorse SomerSweet as a healthy sweetener, and OK to use.

Judy
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 20:51

Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%

One slip is never a problem it is the continual ones because you feel so bad over the first one.
Maybe you were self medicating, Dr. S says that can happen from time to time.
Tanya
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 14:42
Registered Member

Stats: 185/177/135 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hi, sorry I'm replying to this two weeks late!

I find that putting desserts and chocolate in the freezer immediately makes them less tempting. If nothing else, it slows down the binging process (it's pretty tiring to chew several mouthfuls of chocolate).

If I really really want something sweet, I make myself wait until after I've eaten a meal. This does two things:
1) I'm already full, so I'll eat less
2) If I understand the SP book correctly, eating a balanced meal will slow down the process of digesting sugar. If I eat the sugary food after a balanced meal,it won't be as bad as eating by itself.

Hope this helps!
Sara
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 19:30

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default I totally agree sara

Telling yourself that you will have something after you have eaten a full balanced meal takes the edge of binging.
Also having something a little "safer" like the mock danish or the peanut butter cups around makes a huge difference too...but there again giving yourself the permission that you will eat it after your meal.
funny, how when I do that.. I eat a normal portion and can leave the rest alone.. . OR.. even not eat it at all.
Poofie!
( but hey.. please don't beat yourself up about this.. .. like tigersue said.. Dr S talks about this. You just make sure your nurishing yourself and the rest does fall into place at some point!)
Poofie!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 12:02

BF:

The more I read in TSPII, the better I feel, because the more
I learn. Reading about self-medicating sure is useful info. I'm doing great.

What is mock danish and peanut butter cups?

Thanks,
Judy
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 13:38

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default Peanut butter cups

And mock danish are recipes you can find on this site.
they do an amazing job of taking the edge off of "sweet" need
I also do a custard recipe of just eggs and cream and serve with a little fruit if that at all that really help
In fact I think the custard is still my favorite stand by
No sweets. no sweetners..
Just eggs and cream bakes slowly.. and served with berries..
Poofie!