Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 21:36
Registered Member

Plan: low carb recipes
Stats: 179/170/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Low Carb Products Ontario

Are there stores in the Windsor/London area that sell the low carb food products? Such as the cereals, etc. Very difficult in my area to find any specialty stores and sure hate to purchase online and pay all the shipping costs and high prices.
Thanks for any help
SEWRIGHT
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 07:50

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%

I order from a Toronto Distributor, same prices, very cheap.

They have alot of stuff, cheack them out.

www.lowcarbfooddepot.ca

They delivery everywhere, even the US. ???
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 09:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Most GNC's carry a lot of the LC stuff. The Bulk Barns have bacon rinds. And I even saw them in an ordinary grocery store. "Your Health" stores are carrying bars, bake mix. Check your local health food store or organic or bulk store. And more and more, there will be products in groceries.

What city are you near? I have found this stuff in London. And there's always Detroit.

Last edited by tofi : Fri, Sep-05-03 at 09:56.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 05:14
Registered Member

Plan: low carb recipes
Stats: 179/170/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 23%

In between Windsor and London. Hate to purchase from health food store as find prices are so high but will check bulk food store for pork rinds as I purchased a small bag at Zehrs and cost 1.67
Thanks
SEWRIGHT
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 17:23
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default products in Windsor

At GNC at Devonshire Mall in Windsor, they have aton of LC stuff! I was in there yesterday and they had all kinds of muffin mixes, bread mixes, pancake mixes, all kinds of carbolite bars and candies etc etc etc. Also "The Edge" on Wyandotte Street is supposed to have the cereals and stuff but I haven't got there yet.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 19:31
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Loads of LC product

The Edge store in Windsor has tons and tons of LC food. They have atkins, keto, carbsense, all brands of protein bars, all kinds of chocolate bars, gold delite candies (about 50 dif kinds including Sugar-free marshmallows!!!!), all kinds of LC cereals, breakfast bars, pastas, beverages, jams, shakes, puddings,davinci syrups, and on and on.....! They even have these LC cookies,mmmmm! I also got the apple cider "Sipper Sweets" which are sooo goood. This store is at 970 Wyandotte Street East. You will be shocked at the variety!!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 19:17

Stats: 175/160/145 Male 5' 7
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Low Carb Products In Canada

I recently found a Canadian site that carries a large selection of low carb products. www.cdnf.com Service is pretty good, best of all they have ketofoods as well. Supply seems to be an issue, it helps to email them first before placing an order. The shipping charges are reasonable, $8.95 flat regardless of weight/size of order. If you live in Toronto, shipping is free on orders over $50. I've tried some US sites, but it's not worth it....by the time they take shipping/taxes/customs you order costs you a fortune.

Good Luck
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 19:58
Registered Member

Stats: 146/113/105 Female 4ft 11in
BF:
Progress: 80%

I order Atkins products from Sports Nutirtion Depot, sndcanada.com . They don't have a huge selection but what they do have is low prices. Free shipping for $100 and up and fast. I placed an order on Monday night and it'll be here tomorrow. (orders have always been shipped within 24 hours, once it was even shipped 2 hours after I placed the order) It comes from Kitchener Ontario and I live in Vancouver (actually just outside of Vancouver). I asked them to consider carrying Flaxomeal cereal a couple of weeks ago, and today I saw they have it on their website. They also answer their email quickly.

Last edited by itsshannon : Wed, Oct-08-03 at 21:18.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 19:11

Stats: 225/200/190 Male 72 in
BF:
Progress:
Smile The Edge Store in Windsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjan
The Edge store in Windsor has tons and tons of LC food. They have atkins, keto, carbsense, all brands of protein bars, all kinds of chocolate bars, gold delite candies (about 50 dif kinds including Sugar-free marshmallows!!!!), all kinds of LC cereals, breakfast bars, pastas, beverages, jams, shakes, puddings,davinci syrups, and on and on.....! They even have these LC cookies,mmmmm! I also got the apple cider "Sipper Sweets" which are sooo goood. This store is at 970 Wyandotte Street East. You will be shocked at the variety!!

JanJan... Was in Windsor a couple of weeks back and looked for the Edge store on Wyandotte Syreet but couldn't find it. All the stores had signage in Arabic, or was I in the wrong area? Any landmarks near by I could use to find the store? We're after the DaVinci syrups. Thanks.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 09:04
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Davinci's syrups

Edge Nutrition (Canada) Inc.
980 Wyandotte Street East:
Windsor:, On:, N9A 3J9
View Map
Primary Phone: 519 256 9212
It has a HUGE sign, you can't miss it. He has the Davincis all right! Its right beside a little car dealership. I'll have to look around for landmarks next time I go. By the way, the GNC at Devonshire mall now carries the "La Tortillas".
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 12:12

Stats: 240/240/150 Female 5'4
BF:41%
Progress: 0%

Thank You for all the posts. I live on campus and I find it so hard to find food stores that carry LC foods.
Kellie
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 11:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

If you're looking for mixes they are all going to be expensive because they are all U.S. made. If you want ingredients to make some of your own stuff and mixes, try the Country Bulk Store in London. I don't know exactly where it is but I shop at the one in Stratford, and they have oat,gluten,almond flours , whey protein powder and soy protein powder,. and you can buy the quantities you want. They are also starting to get in Keto bread mixes, and muffin mixes, and Atkins Bars.although they are 9.00 for a box that makes one loaf. I won't pay that, so I make my own. The best thing I did was buy a good low carber cookbook, Dana Carpenders 500 low carb recipes is my favourite and it gives you lots of easy recipes.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 12:44

Stats: 225/200/190 Male 72 in
BF:
Progress:

Janjan
We found the Edge Nutrition store (almost missed it again) in Windsor Saturday. It's was great, loaded with stuff, cereals, mixes, sf chocolates, shakes, LC pasta and the elusive DaVinci syrups too. The owner was friendly, and helpful. Great place, we'll be going back when ever we are in Windsor. Thanks.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 15:32
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Default Livin' on the Edge..

Great! So tell me what you bought and if it was good or not!!