Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-12, 18:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Anyone Else Experiencing CANDY BAR Creep?

***** 5 YESTERDAY.....

2 TODAY

6 months of a bit more insanely irrational behavior everyday.

That's only the C Bars........
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-12, 18:34

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

No. I haven't had a candy bar for at least 10 years. (I've gone off the rails in other ways, though.)

Feeding a craving only perpetuates the craving. You've got to push through to get back to where you have your blood sugar stable and your cravings are eliminated. Sit and have a talk with yourself. Supplement with L-glutamine. Drink a cup of black coffee. Have a Shasta diet creme soda. Make a chocolate flavored, sugar free protein shake. Go for a walk. Call a friend. Go to bed early.

Basically, do what you need to in order to get it under control. If I ate 5 candy bars in a day I think I'd be violently ill and gain seven pounds.

I wonder if you have a food sensitivity that's causing cravings. Have you ever tried an elimination diet to figure out what foods might be tripping you up?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-12, 20:50

Plan: Low carb, high fat keto
Stats: 310/212/183 Male 6'0"
BF:D
Progress: 77%

#4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-12, 16:09

Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

Wow you jumped right off the bridge with that one .5?! My biggy was wanting to fall face down into a pan of fudge the first time I had tom on lowcarb. When have had insane cravings what has worked best for me it going really highfat low carb. for a few days. The other thing that has worked for me to keep the weight loss from stalling after a binge is to make the rest of the day really really low cal. then jump back on low carb. highfat . The great thing about lowcarb. is if you don,t give in you eventually get the mind set where you don,t even think about binging anymore. Good luck and jump back in with both feet you can do this
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-12, 16:36
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

No can't say that I am or have since becoming recommited to this WOE.

Like Bike, I may have gone off the trail on other things but a crappy candy bar?

Nope, no thanks. Now a lovely jewel-like plate of sushi?? That's a whole other story.

And where in the heck did you get 5 candy bars. Did you just go to the grocery and fill the cart up?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-12, 18:33

BF:

"And where in the heck did you get 5 candy bars. Did you just go to the grocery and fill the cart up?"

It never starts there, binges only end up there.

I wouldn't dream of getting something all at once somewhere. I must be sneaky. bad
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-12, 18:45

BF:

Allison, thanks.

I do have to get my self and my blood sugar under control. Cravings are just around the high carb corner.

The fewer carbs I eat, the less cravings. Just need to get thru the next minute, hour, day.

Today was the first day without inappropriate eating. *So Far*

Madenya,

I AM WORKING ON THAT MINDSET! AND COMMITTING TO GO LOW CARB!

K We can do it.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-12, 09:57

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

Not candy bars, but chocolate covered almonds. Yeah, you think 2 will be ok...then 2 becomes 20!

Broke out in a rash all over my upper body...it's either the chocolate or the almonds (or both...) but that's about the only thing that stopped my binge.

NOW I'm having to work through the sugar cravings again. Sincerely, WHAT DOES IT TAKE for some of us to get the message, permanently, that this stuff is JUNK?