Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 09:08

Plan: Atkins'
Stats: 165/120/110 Female 4'9"
BF:40/26.3/23
Progress: 82%

That's great! Keep up the hard work and you'll feel a lot better in no time. I finally got my butt around to joining the gym and I have to say I actually enjoy it more than I thought I would. I had joined a regular gym a few years ago and after a couple visits I gave it up. Was too depressing seeing all the fit women and I felt self consious infront of the men. But curves is great because it is ONLY women and even though there are some going just for cardial and look great, there are many others in the same boat as I am. I joined up on the 10 and I've gone 4 times this week. Just did a work out this morning at 9. I sometimes feel tired and cranky when I go in but it always lifts my spirits and I'm happy and energetic when I leave. It's great. When I don't go the the gym I do my exercise machines here at home. It seems to get easier every time I exercise. It would be even more fun if I had someone to work out with though, I think.
Anyway, just wanted to touch base and let you know what a wonderful job you are doing and that you have inspired me to check out, and join our curves gym. Just wish it wasn't so expensive. lol. I guess that is why I decided to go so often, want to get my money's worth! lol
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 18:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

McGirl, that is absolutely awesome! I'm so glad that you joined Curves! Isn't it wonderful? I love it and really enjoy my time there, even if I'm a bit hard to get motivated first thing in the morning on Saturdays.

Looks like you are making some great progress already. Conga-rats to you! Keep up the great work!

Thanks for stopping by and posting.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 17:45

BF:

Dagnabbit, I forgot to post that I worked out this past Tuesday, the 21st. Well, this post will have to suffice for Tuesday and today, Thursday the 23rd.

I didn't get to bed until late (1am) last night/this morning and then up at 6am. When I got home from work I really wanted to nap on the sofa but instead hauled my ragged old butt out to Curves and did my workout. Now, I'm sitting here with a post-exercise glow typing in my gym log. Hope I can stay awake long enough to get an hours worth of fired-up out of my metabolism.

Not losing weight these days, but the body seems to be shifting and reforming. That's fine by me - long as something is happening!

Last edited by AzureMoon : Thu, Oct-23-03 at 17:46.
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 10:10

BF:

Aw gee, I've been awful at keeping up my gym log. I've been going to Curves three times a week - honest!

For proof, today was weigh and measure day for me. During the month of October I lost 11 pounds and 5 inches. Woohoo for me!
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 22:22

BF:

It's a shame when you avoid your own journal! I plead guilty. I didn't go to Curves the early part of the week I went to Florida, nor did I go the later part of the week that I got back. That's two whole weeks, but I wasn't sitting on my butt the whole time. We walked a lot when in Key West (twice the North/South length of the key) and also walked a lot while at the track on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And more walking while in the airports on Tuesday.

I did return to Curves tonight. Thankfully it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be after a two week absence. Actually, it felt good to be exercising again. Looking forward to going again tomorrow.

Last edited by AzureMoon : Mon, Nov-24-03 at 22:30.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 22:10

BF:

Went to Curves today, like a good LC'er and did my workout. Then I ended up at Walmart shopping for things for Thanksgiving. Prolly walked a half mile just in the store!

I'm predicting a morning whoosh... I'm so sleepy right now and that's one of my indicators of an impending whoosh.
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 22:50

BF:

The Curves I attend had a little contest going on for November where you earned "feathers" for your turkey by doing silly little things on different days (wear pink or purple, wear sports team logo, wear a hat etc) and also feathers for losing pound and inches. I managed to coming in second! LOL Don't know what I've won but I suppose I'll find out Monday.
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 07:14

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

I just wanted to stop by and say how much your gym log title made me laugh, especially as it's sooooooooo applicable to me - in my case, there does seem to be a huge number of pigs flying around in my vicinity

Now that I'm actually doing it, I can believe how much I'm enjoying my exercise classes etc

Anyway, you're doing great - keep up the good work
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 19:46

BF:

I've been knocking on Death's door since last Saturday. Well, ok. That's a bit of an exaggeration, but I have been sick: a sinus infection with a will to migrate to my chest and a bit of laryngitis for good measure. Tonight was my first night back at Curves since Thanksgiving Eve. I used moderation in working out since I didn't want to break into a coughing fit.

Everyone will be happier if they don't catch whatever I've got so I'm doing my best not to spread it. I looked like the Frito Bandito since I wore a bandana across my face. Also washed up with Purell to sanitize my hands before touching the equipment.

Here's to feeling better tomorrow.