Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-10, 13:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.6/221.4/180 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Back on the wagon instead of walking beside it

Ok I am jumping back on the wagon i am so tired of jumping from one diet to another diet and it is over i am starting a new life today! My husband is on track with helping me and and i get to remodel my bedroom as soon as I reach 199. This is something that I really want and he also said if i have one cheat that the deal is off. I am glad that he is being so strict i am a carbaholic I i have one slice of toast i want to eat the whole loaf. I have to do things this strict. I do really good till i find a way to justify a cheat then for a week or more i shove everything I see in my mouth. i dont just have one pop tart i will eat the whole box. I know my personality is addictive I smoked I quit but the only way i could do it was cold turkey I had a gambling problem I had to quit that cold turkey as well so I back on the wagon abousolutly no cheating nothing is going to justify my cheat days my health and being here for a long time is more important. I am worth it I am worth it. My hubby has also asked me to write the thing that are allowed on a list so that he can cook for me and make sure that he is not hindering me by making something that i cant have. After the first week i am also going to get up early mon wed and friday and do my wii fit for 45min and i am going to go for a walk tue thus and sat in the evening. I know i can do this if i quit the other two additions i had and never looked back i can kick this one to and it is an addiction
i and addicted to carbs and carbs make me fat!!! So as of right now there are no more excuses no more i will start tom no more just one bite. the just one bite thing has come back to bite me in the ass!!! thank you for listening me rant.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-10, 14:34

Stats: 204/150/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome Aboard!!

I too am addicted to carbs! Glad to say that I am on Day 52 being 100% on program and feeling so much better! One day at a time!!

I would like to share this............it was sent to me years ago and I have read and re-read it a gazillion times! I hope it gives you a new sense of realization that WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Cheers! ~ Chris ~

This journey is more about "want power" than "will power"! When we want the results badly enough, then it becomes relatively easy to settle into the process and let it happen in its own time and way. It's a consistency and longevity based program, not one based on perfection. The most important thing is to just keep going!

Keep moving forward! The only way you "fail" is when you give up. It's a long term process and all of the training is "on the job", so be compassionate with yourself and allow yourself to learn and retrain your lifestyle to a new healthier one along the way.

No one is perfect at this. We are all just "works in progress"; beautiful ones at that!

As the famous animated fish Nemo was fond of saying, "Keep swimming!"

Let your determination be your willpower.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-10, 15:18

BF:

that is awesome and i will do it cause I really want it for so many different reasons. my health my wellbeing phyically and mentally to show my daughter a good example of what you can do when you put your mind to it and a healthy eating habbits.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-10, 15:26

Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hello and welcome. Lots of great support and recipes are here on this site.

You can do it! I know that your bathroom remodel is right around the corner.

Roxanne
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-10, 08:16

BF:

Well I was down this morning I know that i will lose alot of water weight this week. which is fine by me allready feel better and less bloated. last night however i felt like i got hit by a freight train darn induction flue and i mean it hit me hard a headache that nothing would take away and i was light sensiety and dizzy and sick to my tummy. so basically i got a migraine which i use to get alot and havent got in about 4 year since i figured out milk is my trigger. anyway feeling much better this morning and
cant wait till i am in ketosis
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-10, 15:29

Stats: 374/297/168 Female 5ft 2in
BF:Um yes
Progress: 37%

Hi, good for you getting back up on the wagon. I too have the one bite and I fold problem, you are so in the company of kindred spirits. Congrats on day 2!!! Yes you can do this. Good luck
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-10, 19:55
Registered Member

Plan: my own version of atkins
Stats: 223/223/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey my name is Shannan
welcome back. i am fairly new myself and i soo get the having to be strict. Your lucky to have such a thoughtful husband. And yup there is no time like the present I cant wait to keep reading your journal and seeing your success

Shannan
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-10, 20:19

BF:

Hi thanks for the support I plan on journaling tues thru friday when i am at work dont get on computer much on the weekend on it to much durning the the week. I am still doing very good about keeping on track. and i am now down to 229.0 this morning so I started on last thursday and on wed night i weigth 237.9. not bad know most of it is water weight but i feel so much better and dont have any cravings anymore. which is good but i need to stay focus and stay on track i am not a normal person that has the will power when i consume carbs. I will do this i am worth it.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 05:51
Registered Member

Plan: my own version of atkins
Stats: 223/223/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaEiden
Hi thanks for the support I plan on journaling tues thru friday when i am at work dont get on computer much on the weekend on it to much durning the the week. I am still doing very good about keeping on track. and i am now down to 229.0 this morning so I started on last thursday and on wed night i weigth 237.9. not bad know most of it is water weight but i feel so much better and dont have any cravings anymore. which is good but i need to stay focus and stay on track i am not a normal person that has the will power when i consume carbs. I will do this i am worth it.

Hey thats awesome!! I am sure its more than just water weight Good Job
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 10:53

BF:

i have been eating on plan I am so happy to be getting my self control back if i dont cheat i dont have a problem turning away sweets one tiny cheat and i will eat the whole box of donuts. lol I am so greatfull for my dh and daughter that are supporting me in what i do my hubby looks at my book everynight and write down my weight night and day so that i can find patterns in my weight loss the numbers dont bother me i need them to hold myslef accountable if i stop weighting i tend to stop following the plan. the morning weight is that one that really matters to me however i have found that i can see what foods tend to make me gain water weight due to much soduim. all is good i will get my bedroom redone!!! and my life back that i havent even had my entire adult life i have been obesse i will become health and learn to live my life to the full extent!!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 13:40

Stats: 171/151/143 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

How are you feeling today? I restarted the same day you did and the weekend was really hard - I was so tired I just wanted to sleep. Yesterday was a little hard but today much better.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 15:27

BF:

today i feel pretty good. i was tired over the weekend on monday i started to feel much better and i have done this before so I really start to feel awesome at about a week and a half into it. My will power ramps up and I have so much more confindance to say no. i am a carb addict and one cheat send me into a downward spiral that usealy end with me at least 20lbs heaver and starting over again i promised myself i will get to my goal and get in to the 100's for the first time in my adult life. and get the bedroom of my dreams i seam to always get to 205 and then get stalled and give up. good luck groovegirl
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-10, 12:07

BF:

I am still on plan tom it will be a week on induction i am feeling so much better not sure why i keep falling off the wagon i feel so much better when i am low carbing. I am down to 227.2 today i am really feeling the effects of the no craving and lack of hunger i didnt even finish my burger with pepper jack cheese and mushrooms with no bun of course. and i get a stack of cucumbers with a few sunflower seeds and ranch dressing i couldnt even finish about a 1/4 of the burger left and half the mushrooms. think i ordered lunch to early i ordered when i normally do but i really wasnt hungry. darn doing things out of habbit. I will get better and better about listening to my body state when i am hungery and listen to it. I cant wait till i get my bedroom failure is not a option. I will do it i will make it.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-10, 09:58

BF:

Still on track and right now i am losing about a lbs a day i am waiting for the slow down i know it is coming and promise myself that i wont get discoraged. It has been a week since i started this woe and i am down 11 lbs i know that this cant keep up but wow do i feel much better new mini goal i want to be in 2 teens.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-10, 11:16

BF:

Yummy Hubby made a awesome pork roast for dinner last night and i brought leftovers for lunch today can you say yummy yummy yummy! I am feeling great i have been drinking diet soda it seem to in me counter act the induction headache that i seem to get it has to do with caffiene anyway i have notice the last few days that i really dont want it any more i could drink a couple a day now i cant even finish one and find my self craving water instead guess it is time to go off pop all together. That is a awesome thing!!! i will still have them as a treat accounally when with a bit of heavy whipping cream to make like a float taste.