Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, May-05-02, 14:28

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi Karen , do you have the book, its layed ot and explained in there and if this is to be your new long term WOE Id say be sure to get it. Theres much more of interest in it other than just what food to eat!!

Yes you sure do eat vegies but only certain ones and limited amount so you need to be careful and informed. (you must keep your total carbs below 20 g the first 2 weeks) I lost 6 lb the first week and another 6 the 2nd.
The eating plan you discribed is more like the old Stillmans diet.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, May-05-02, 15:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 264.5/161/154
BF:
Progress: 94%

I agree with Bloom, read the part in your book and see what it says. You most certainly should be eating veges and salad during induction, in fact, that is where your carbs should be coming from. I've lent a friend my book, so I'm not totally sure of the veges in the induction list, but I ate plenty of lettuce and cucumber salad with a couple of small slices of tomato, grated cheese and egg for lunch, and had some low carb veges with my dinner - brocolli, cabbage, cauliflower.

There are heaps of food on the induction lists, just keep an eye on your carb total for the day.

Keep it up
Tara
  #18   ^
Old Sun, May-05-02, 16:50
Registered Member

Plan: Dr.Atkins
Stats: 160/160/140
BF:
Progress:
Talking Thanks Bloom & Tara

I just borrowed a very old book from a friend, the atkins diet. Mostly it's all protein, lettuce, celery, cabbage and broccoli. Oh and some almonds. Maybe it's best for me to get the new version book? Is it called the Dr.Atkins Revolution Book? Some soup would be nice when it's cooler!!
Hoping to have a win here.

Cheers.
Karen.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, May-05-02, 17:42

BF:

I had the old, old one too and not alot has changed but yes get the new, new one with the white cover. Its just reecntly come in the shops....oh and yes you are onto a winner
  #20   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 04:58
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Hi Bloom

Well I have had my second great day. Will look for the latest book tomorrow Bloom. Yesterday I had so many headaches I think I just had one constant ache!! Today is better because I decided to drink more water also. Just taking one day at a time.

Karen.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 05:06
Registered Member

Stats: 206/199/136
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Hello

You are an inspiration, I love reading how someone succeeded as I am just beginning. I have goals and with the encouragement of people such as yourself, sharing their experiences well, it sure helps a lot.

Good to have you here.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 05:12
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Cool

Hello Lena,
Good to hear from you and thanks for the welcome.
How long have you been LCing? I'm real new just 2 days and enjoying it. Just hope I won't go off the rails. Hoping to see a small result by the end of this week.

Cheers.
Karen.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 15:48

BF:

Karen, 2 days down, good stuff stick with it the longer you go the easier it gets and the better you feel
Mostly everyone gets headaches at the start when they come off sugar, when it passes you will feel alive like you cant remember when
  #24   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 18:38
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Cool Hey Bloom

Doing good here. I've already lost some weight and so early into the WOE plan. I'm impressed.
Would it be ok to eat some soup in the first week of induction? It's all LC of course
How long have you been LCing and how much have you lost

Cheers.
Kaz.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 19:27

BF:

Karen, soup would be fine Id think as long as you dont eat more vegie than your allowed, just count the carbs, No more than 20g remember in the first two weeks. Most of the vegies on the list would not be good in soup anyway and you are not supposed to have cauli or broccoli in a lge amount, so not sure how you will go. No carrot, butternut peas in that soup eh
I lost 12 lb in the first 2 weeks and have been now on Atkins for 11 weeks and have lost 26 pounds total, and I am not hungry and I have energy and i dont get plauged with headaches anymore
can you tell I like it
  #26   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 20:29
Registered Member

Stats: 264.5/161/154
BF:
Progress: 94%

I agree with Bloom's comment "when it passes you will feel alive like you cant remember when" - I felt headachey and slightly sick for the first 3 days of the diet. Upon waking on day 4 I felt so great, almost like my brain was "clear" for the first time in ages - the brain fog had lifted.

Hang in there, it does get easier!

Tara
  #27   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 03:05
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up well done Bloom

Well done Bloom with your weight loss. Don't you find it hard to be in pounds I keep thinking kilos!! Just finished my fourth day and struggling a bit here to find something different to eat.

Get sick of the same stuff.
I've lost 2.2kgs now already so I shouldn't weaken
Just trying to keep busy.
The soup really helped me because it's good for like a fill in food.
Still didn't go over 20gms carbs for the day.
I can't get into ketosis though
Bye for now.

Kaz
  #28   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 21:32

BF:

Hi KAZ , ive never tested for ketosis, never bought any of the sticks. I feel like i can tell with the taste in my mouth if I dont drink enough water.
Im actually a stones and pounds girl. I still have to equate the kilos into pounds and then into stones so I can visualise the weight I must be older than you are. Im 42. We did change to metric when I was about 6 or so , I must be rather slow
Do you like whipped cream ? i found havning that in my coffee was a real treat when i first started.
  #29   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 01:10
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Hi Bloom

I am nearly the same age as you. I am 43. I work in kilos and find it hard to adjust back but I manage.
Yes I love whipped cream. I have that with some low joule jelly as my treat. I haven't been back on the scales but I find that I'm certainly not hungry just sometimes looking for something extra to eat mostly out of boredom I guess.
I'm still sticking with it and I actually feel better now, not as many headaches but if I drink plenty of water then they go away.
Must get the book though because I'm sure there is alot of vegies that I could be having but I'm not. I wonder if pumpkin is ok
Keeping up the good work.

Kaz.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 15:54

BF:

pumpkin is OK but only have 1/2 cup and butternut which I much prefer is not OK didnt realise but it has more carbs.
I am starting to eat more vegies regardless now as i cant honestly get past the fact that i am missing more than is allowed on induction level. I was not a big vegie fan beofe but thats what I keep wanting to eat more of now.
If the weight loss slows down well I am happier by far already at this weight than at 185. As long as i am at goal by the end of the year i will be rapt. I can now wear lots of my clothes again and feel more normal.
This needs to be a life change and more vegies needs to be accepted by me as part of my thing.