Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 08:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/135/120 Female 5' 3
BF:156/135/120
Progress: 58%
Default CARBOLITE BARS

I was browsing through the boards and found this one very interesting. I would like to first say that I eat Carbolite bars, as a matter of fact I was going to let that be one of my treats at the end of my dinner today. Well no more. They actually have always made me have loose stool right after I eat them more than the Indulge bars. I guess I will go back to Indulge bars or I might just try your cream cheese treats and add some coco powder. A good custard like treat is Cream cheese enough to your liking and one egg, vanilla, mix very well in a small bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, my daughter loves it. She gets up in the morning and her little feet run to the kitchen and says "custar mommy custar" a lot of times I add cinnammon to it also.

Well I really wanted to say that I know how you feel about having a stall, I am having one also but that is why I keep coming to the boards every day, to get advice and inspiration. I find that I am not alone and there are people like myself. I lost 12lbs and then when I saw my lose I got happy and said well I can have a treat for all of my hard work. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I realize that is not the way to think because I am still 22lbs away from goal. I am now doing a lot more research on the carb link to health problems and how other people deal with there cravings for carbs. I picked up some books at the library this week-end Win The Sugar War by Holly McCord, R.D. very inspirational. The Carb Addicts Heart Health Program by Heller. I want to know more the more I can relate carbs to scientific health problems the easier for me to pass them by. I mean I don't smoke because I know they cause some many health problems. This is something the surgeon general has even backed up. But no one has ever told us that eating sugar can cause you to die, it has always been if you feel bad have a piece of cake or ice cream. I want to break that way of thinking and the only way I can do that is to keep reading and understanding the biological make up of what our bodies do with carbs. Just writing this in your forum has made me really rethink about even haveing a treat at the end of today. Thanks
Sponsored Links