Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-13, 21:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/154/145 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Going to start Paleo-Zone need snack ideas

Paleo doesn't usually eat dairy, but there's tons of it in all the examples. I would like to plan out things before I start. A snack in the past would be an apple for the road and nuts travel well... but packing a morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack is going to be tedious, especially for the protein. I drive a lot for my job and in the summer heat of a car protein's not going to hold up well... even if we're talking cheese. What do you all do for the protein aspect of your snacks?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-13, 09:06
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Nuts are easy to do. How about getting an insulated bag and some ice packs? Then you can take almost anything.

Even better, limit yourself to three meals a day and stop snacking. There's some merit to the thought that you shouldn't be digesting food all day long. It lets your insulin and blood sugar drop into happy ranges and stay there for awhile.

Cheese is fine at warmer temperatures, it just gets a little oily, but it won't spoil all that quickly.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-13, 19:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/154/145 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 74%

I thought nuts counted as a fat block? I saw a menu sample where you get like 1 nut for a snack... what is that about?

I agree with your thoughts on snacking, I've never really needed it... it just seemed part of the diet plan for a "consistent insulin level", but have been Paleo for a long time now and really don't get insulin spikes. I feel fine now really. I just haven't been strict for a while and since so many CrossFit elites do so well (lean out and increase athletic performance) on the zone I thought it's worth a try. Obstacles for this change include adding these snacks, cutting back my protein source at meals (usually a KFC grilled chicken breast on the bone) in half so that I can eat part of it later. Today I had it cold for my snack with some strawberries. The second have wasn't that wonderful Other issues are always having to combine PRO-Carb-Fat with every sitting (sometimes I just want to grab an apple!), and the usual paleo recipes I've worked to tweek for the family getting overhauled again. The first overhaul to paleo wasn't that popular.

Sorry this is long... thanks for your help!