Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-08, 20:43

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default This time around is a little different

Hey all

Back on induction after straying for much, much too long (over 6 months and packed on more pounds than I have in a long time)

Today is day 2 and in the past I always had an amazing energy rush but tonight I feel absolutely drained with no energy whatsoever. I am sleepy when I just slept for 3.5 hours and my body just feels so weak. This has never happened to me before on induction. I feel a bit nauseous too. In the past I always got the headache going into ketosis, but this time there's no headache, I just feel so weak and tired.

I'm hoping this time sees me sticking this out. I have been very successful in the past with atkins, only to fall off the wagon and get back on again, time after time. I've been losing and regaining the same 10 pounds for nearly 4 years... and I'm sick of it. I can never get past 133, it seems as soon as I hit that number something happens and I fall of the wagon and gain again. Why is it SO hard to lose 15 pounds and keep it off for good? It's so frustrating for me and sometimes I feel hopeless.

I hope that I'm doing the right thing. It seems that no matter what I do anymore, my body just fights back. I gain weight so easily anymore, even when eating "healthy" for the most part, and I just don't get it.

I know I'm supposed to be eating a lot of fat, I'm not afraid of it...but it's going to take some getting used to again.

My numbers today, after fitday:

Cals: 1434
Fat: 115g 70%
Carb: 27g 7%
Fiber: 7g
Protein: 77g 22%

Good?

Last edited by JessDMB41 : Sat, Jun-14-08 at 22:10.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-08, 09:31

BF:

Alright I think it must be induction flu.... although I never had it in the past...

ketones are trace this morning. it's day 3.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-08, 10:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/158.5/145 Female 5ft 3
BF:To/Much/of/it
Progress: 33%

I am on day 5 myself now and on day 2, 3 and 4 felt exactly the same, I felt tired and sick in fact Fri I nearly fell asleep on my desk !! Stick in there you will get through it. I feel gret today !!

A X
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-08, 19:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 288/253.5/168 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 29%

It will get much better for you. Hang in there!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-08, 19:20

BF:

I'm already feeling much much better. Day 3 is over, I've got more energy, and ketosis has kicked in (med. levels)

wooohoo!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-08, 19:22

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 165/129/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 103%

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Induction flu is great motivation to stay on plan b/c you never want to go thru it again.