Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2041   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 14:12

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 330/229.5/149 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Annie - Cancer runs in my family so I actually have an interest to work with cancer patients. A lot of people think I am crazy, but that's what my plans are for now!

KIMBER
Sponsored Links
  #2042   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 15:49
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Lol

see you in the new room
They haven't told us to move yet...so we'll stick until they do eh?
  #2043   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 16:01

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 197/168/157 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
So Karen, You're giving up diet coke? I would maybe like to do that but I hate plain water. So I drink 5 cans of Diet Coke/day. To supplement, also have two servings of Crystal Light in 16oz of water/serving. Recently had my serum sodium checked and it was low so sodium not an issue. So far, this system doesn't seem to be interfering with wt. loss since I have been doing this since I started and still lost wt. Hope I am doing this right.

Coming out of lurkdom to share that I drink Canada Dry Sparkling water. It comes in bottles and cans and several flavors. the only one I like is lemon-lime. It is so refreshing. I have never liked cokes or the like, but I love this stuff.
  #2044   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 16:09
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm annie
So Karen, You're giving up diet coke? I would maybe like to do that but I hate plain water. So I drink 5 cans of Diet Coke/day. To supplement, also have two servings of Crystal Light in 16oz of water/serving. Recently had my serum sodium checked and it was low so sodium not an issue. So far, this system doesn't seem to be interfering with wt. loss since I have been doing this since I started and still lost wt. Hope I am doing this right. Don't think Dr. A. had a set amount of water in his '72 book. Be well, Annie
Hey Annie, I'm the queen of dt soda... I'd drink boat loads of it until I injured myself and couldn't carry it on the wheelchair. It never interfered with my ability to lose weight or keep it off.

And your spot on about water! Dr. A never limited or said to drink copious amounts of it like some LC WOE peeps are doing. Here's the quote from the book in the Induction section:
Quote:
Drinks: Water, Mineral water, Vichy, Club soda; Beef or Chicken broth, bouillon; Sugar free diet soda; coffee*, tea, decaffeinated coffee

*Special note on caffeine and Diet Cola. Because most heavy people have some hypoglycemia, coffee, tea and diet colas, which contain caffeine, should be limited to six servings a day (cups). If you know you have low blood sugar, better limit it to three.
Same goes with caffeine ~ never a problem for me.

Most of us read that quote above the same way we read eating zero carb foods: Eat and drink when hungry/thirsty and stop when you're not!
  #2045   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 16:11
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47
Annie - Cancer runs in my family so I actually have an interest to work with cancer patients. A lot of people think I am crazy, but that's what my plans are for now!

KIMBER
Wow that's fabulous, Kimber! We need good compassionate nurses in that field!
  #2046   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 16:14
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by omablue
Coming out of lurkdom to share that I drink Canada Dry Sparkling water. It comes in bottles and cans and several flavors. the only one I like is lemon-lime. It is so refreshing. I have never liked cokes or the like, but I love this stuff.
Hiya omablue! Thanks for coming out of "lurkdom" to post! You know you're welcome to join in anytime and all the time!

Wishing you much success on your personal LC WOE journey! And hope you post again!
  #2047   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 16:16
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Okay I'm gonna make a new thread and post all the relevant info for Atkins '72 Induction, etc!

Here's the link to Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #5: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=467707

Last edited by Just Jo : Sat, May-23-15 at 16:29.
  #2048   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 16:30
Registered Member

Plan: LC/JUDDD
Stats: 189/160/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Link...

Here's the link to the new page...

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=467707
  #2049   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 16:38
Registered Member

Plan: LC/JUDDD
Stats: 189/160/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Ha! ha! we were posting at the same time!
  #2050   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 16:43
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1430
Ha! ha! we were posting at the same time!

Okay MEET you all THERE! Byeeeeeeeee!
  #2051   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 18:19

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 230/165/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 72%

OHHHHH MYYYYY I am not liking feeding a lap band person. she keeps getting sick and then I feel bad and no idea how to make it better. I need to get up and going on dinner. taking just a minute to drop in to say Hi and I miss all of you so much. It is like a part of my day is taken away from me. She will be here until Wednesday so I will be scarce. WE all went to bed late last night.

Hope every one is having a great day and lots of weight lost. I was down some this AM. 197.2. Forget what yesterday was. Still not hungry so rolling with it. Not much energy expended today. Just cooking meals and clean up.

Have a good evening. I will try to catch up with posts as I can.

OH how disappointing I thought I was down today and I am the same as yesterday. SO oh well.

Chris
  #2052   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 18:51

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Annie if diet soda is ok for you then drink it

I bloat instantly from it

if I give something up it is personal to me.....if you can handle it and all is fine, leave it for yourself

we are all different in what effects us!!
  #2053   ^
Old Sat, May-23-15, 18:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

you want a whoosh then eat a heavy carb meal which gives water retention to your body, then eat less as in calorie deficit and drink less and WHOOSH.

stupid.

a whoosh DOES NOT happe when you are eating no/ultra low carb constantly, unless you are still heavy and the body gives it up.

I am at the point where I gave it all up.....no whooshes will happen anymore unless the 'set up' is perfect for it and I don't do carbs to make that happen.

no. as I understand the whoosh in the beginning of ANY diet, it does not happen later down the line if you are following the plan. rarely if that
Closed Thread