Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-12, 11:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/179.6/165 Female 5'6 1/2
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default CAD vs. CALP?

I have read both books and it appears to me that CAD is more "liberal" when it comes to the reward meal then CALP. In the CAD book they talk about eating whatever you want as long as it is finishe within 60 minutes. There is no talk of a balance like there is in CALP.

Why would they write two different plans? Is CALP better then CAD? Will you lose weight faster with CALP then CAD? Is CALP a follow up/improved plan over CAD? Do people still follow CAD or is everyone following CALP? Sorry for all the questions, I am just a bit confused....

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-12, 12:00
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 158/147/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Actually, what I remember from CAD is that they tell you to eat a "well-balanced and sensible" meal with foods from the four food groups, but don't get into much detail about it.

I actually like the CALP book better, because it gives you more guidance on what to eat at the reward meal - salad plus 1/3 protein, 1/3 veg, 1/3 any carb. I think they wrote the CALP book to clarify things from the CAD book. I'm following CALP, but mostly limiting the carbs I eat at the reward meal to complex ones - no sugar, white potatoes, white rice or white flour. I find I feel better if I stay away from that stuff.

All this diet stuff is confusing. I've had to experiment to see what works best for me, and what I can stick to.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-12, 12:10

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Calp is a later, updated plan they published after further research (and there is a book after calp as well - CAHHP - carbaddicts healthy heart plan).

I can't comment on cad, as I began with calp and love it.
Come on over to the Hour Power #4 thread and introduce yourself!