Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-11, 09:20

Plan: CALP
Stats: 146.2/146.2/115 Female 5feet4inches
BF:
Progress:
Default i think i need to change from CAD to CALP...

i love the program and am feeling much better about food, but i'm not losing any weight and still get that drugged feeling after my RM. probably because it is more of a mini-binge than a meal. besides dividing your RM into 1/3 of carb, protein and non-carb veggie how is calp different? i don't have that book but I thought i heard that you have CM snacks throughout the day as well. thanks...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-11, 14:55
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
it is worth geting the book, as I think it is different.It is very similar to the CA Healthy Heart Program book.

It is a BALANCED RM: start with a green salad, then have your plate divided into thirds. One third protein/one carbs/one veggies. That's it. If you want more carbs you have to go back and have more protein and veggies too- it is NOT a binge and it is NOT all carbs.

For example, I have seen meals here that are pizza, beer, cake, chicken wings- that is not okay on CALP (and IMHO not on CAD either)-
my RM would be large salad with grilled chicken and a slice of pizza for carb.

The Hellers do not recommend snacks, but if you need one it should be ptoreint and veggies too. Carbs are only for RM.'

HTH-
E
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-11, 18:15

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb

The Hellers do not recommend snacks, but if you need one it should be ptoreint and veggies too. Carbs are only for RM.'

HTH-
E

I've meant to ask you before about this. My understanding was that snacks are fine (though timing is important.), and in my CALP book, on page 118 it says "If you want to skip a meal because you are simply not hungry, you are free to do so as long as you feel well and your physician does not object. In the same way, if you want a snack, you are free to enjoy any of the Craving-Reducing foods you desire, as well."

I do snack at times (just too small to call it a cm meal).
Doublejay, best thing to do is truly to get the calp book - I'm still re-reading portions of it, and keep it in easy reach for reference. Lines can get blurry for me, I 'm a slow learner..read and re-read
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-11, 07:10
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

snacks: "On the other hand, if you want a snack you are free to enjoy a low-carbohydrate snack at any time. (The desire for between-meals snacks is unusual for this program....)"
CAHHP page 131
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-11, 10:39

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
snacks: "On the other hand, if you want a snack you are free to enjoy a low-carbohydrate snack at any time. (The desire for between-meals snacks is unusual for this program....)"
CAHHP page 131

Ah....ty! I do have that book but after reading it through once, have rarely re-looked at it.