Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-27-01, 22:30
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default End of the Study Clean-up

Hello all Study Participants,

That would be Rachel, Joe, Stina, Judi and Doreen.

It is now time to clean up the Study Journal area. I will be merging your Study Journals into your regular journals and keeping a copy with closed threads in the Study Journal section. If you would like to post your conclusions, please do so in a separate thread in this forum titled "Your name here" Study Conclusions.

Joe, would you like your Journal moved to the Journal Section and re-titled?

I think the study was, if not a great success for all of us as far as weight loss goes, a great learning experience. Seconds anyone?

Karen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 08:32

Plan: modified Dr. A
Stats: 214.5/214.5/150 Male 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool

Karen, I "second" your comment about the learning experience. It was better than reading a variety of LC books. I also received a bonus by breaking my 'plateau' and losing about 6 lbs.

As far as moving the "Study Journal", please do what you consider is appropriate. Thanks again.

Regards
Joe
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 12:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/176/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

I wish I had some conclusions but I a)never finished the study and b)wasn't following it correctly while I was doing it (like eating cauliflower when I should have been eating broccoli). I have been catching up, reading everyones journals and I think that after my re-induction is over I may try to do stillmans/lean protein for a few weeks. As much as the fat fast works, I hate being hungry so I will first try the lean and see where that takes me. I have incorporated some exercise into my day as well as the stack and I pra that perhaps this keeps my metabolism moving....or maybe not. Who knows. Been on the yo-yo for way too many years and I am bound and determined to get off of it!

Congrats to those that managed to stick with it and lost!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 13:18
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Thumbs up

You can go ahead and close my Study journal thread. I'll start up a Conclusion thread ... when I have some!!

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 13:46
Forum Founder

BF:

Ditto for me!

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 14:09
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Lightbulb what do you all think ....

.. about leaving the recipe threads open?? The ones for Lean Protein/Stillman, Fat fasting and the Green Veggies?? I might have more additions in future. Just in case I embark on another "study project" of my own.

Doreen
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 16:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Cool seconds on all fronts, me

... with a proviso that I'd like to keep the Observations & Speculation thread running for back-and-forth banter, raw or working stats and ongoing discussion in one place, separate from Conclusions.

What say? We'd each of us end up with one "LC Proj V1.2 Conclusions" and an Observations & Speculations Thread that could go on for a time (perhaps until V2.1 starts up).

I know, I know, it's that root word of Analyst again. I'll gladly go along with a consensus but wanted to make the suggestion.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 17:44
Forum Founder

BF:

Yep, yep! Both good ideas. I was planning on only closing the journal threads anyway.

Karen
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-01, 11:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Sounds OK to me, Karen!

I haven't been back to my Study Journal much...not much to analyse....2 pound loss on the second day, then nothing! Wahhh! Still, as you say, it was quite the learning experience, and I'm glad I participated.

Rachel