Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 20:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217.4/206.4/150 Female 5ft 8.5in
BF:Lots I'm Sure!
Progress: 16%
Cool New Girl In Town

Hi everyone! My name is Patti, I'm 39, live in Central California, mother of two girls ages 19 and 13, and best of all going to be a first time grandma any day now. Question...On this new way of eating plan I feel really tired daily around 3 pm I just lose all my spunk.. I take vitamins so am not sure why I feel so drained..this is my second week & have only lost 2 lbs. feeling grumpy..sleepy...I fall asleep after work at 6pm and wake at 11pm only to go back to bed at midnight and then get up for work at 6...so we are talking like.. 11 hours of sleep and still tired by mid day..what's up with that?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 21:06
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

The first week is the hardest as you get over the carb addictions and your body gets accustomed to burning fat isntead of gluclose. Things that could help:

Post your menus on here to get advice

Use www.fitday.com to be sure you are getting enough calories. Also to make sure you are having 65-70% of calories from fat and that your net carbs are staying around 20. Alot of things like eggs have carbs that need to be counted. Also having too much protien can effect weight loss.

Read over the chapter on metobolic resistance. Fatigue and slow weight loss can be symptoms of thyriod problems, candidia over growth as well as other medical problems.

Make sure you are drinking at least 64oz of water or more. This WOE is a natural duretic and you need extra water to flush out the keotenes. I know when I don't have my water bottle (like today at carnival) I get completely exausted.

Have a high fat/moderate protien snack at about 3:00 pm when you start to feel tired. Some people need to eat 5 small meals a day instead of just 3.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 21:16
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi and WELCOME!!!!!!! Ladtbelle covered it real well, as usual!!!! Just wanted to say WELCOME and that you will find this forum VERY supportive, so drop in often and ask any questions you want!

Also; Note the low-carb tips in the orange bar at the top of the page...and learn to use that search feature...is a lifesaver too!!!!

Again; WELCOME and GL on this WOE!
Jake
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 22:05

thanks to you both..this is confusing for me..I'll catch on though.. I just spent a ton of time in the journal thingy website and put what i ate today..scary stuff..ugh...I did'nt think I ate that much but I guess I did.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 09:13

Stats: 244/217/140 Female 5ft. 5in.
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hang in there and once you body adjusts you will feel much better. This is a great WOE, and you will look and feel terrific! Good luck with continuing the program.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 19:22

Talking

thanks!! I didn't do too well today but i have a good reason..my daughter is in the hospital now and I was with her all day..not too many low carb foods in the cafeteria...All is good...she is in the process of making me a grandma! I just came home to get a little rest and am going back in an hour.. it's going to be a looooong night since labor is being induced due to mild toximia setting in.. will check back with everyone tomorrow.. hugs!! Patti
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 19:32
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

Hi and welcome. I am on Day 9 and I felt SO tired the first 3 days. NOw, I feel much better. Hope you start to get more energy soon!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 19:46

Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

I thought I would faint the first few days. Now at 8.5 weeks and feel great. stick with it. it works!!

(no cheating!!)
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 20:40
Registered Member

Stats: 312/279/220 Male 74
BF:Its up there
Progress: 36%

Yep give it a couple of weeks and you will be feeling like a new person. welcome to the forums
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 23:28

My beautiful and perfect grandson is here..his name is Alexander and he weighed in at 5 lbs. 9 oz and is 18 inches long...he is just the cutest thing .. our family is so very blessed to have him...thanks to you all for your support...I may not be here much in the next few weeks but will try to keep you posted on how I do...thanks again to all of you..Patti
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 05:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 191/136/135
BF:
Progress: 98%

Congratulations on Alexander!!!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 16:43

A little exercise goes a long way..I have lost a few more lbs. since the baby was born..while running around being grandma to Alex and helping my daughter so she can rest .. the pounds are starting to melt away...my appetite has decreased because i'm so busy i don't have time to think about food right now..thanks for the congrats on grandma's little man!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 17:33

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

Congratulations! Both on the weight loss and on the new grandson!

So, when are you going to post pix of the little guy?

Joan
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 19:09

Thank you Joan..and umm..as soon as I learn how.. I haven't learned how to do too many things on this posting board...but will work on it
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 19:31

Stats: 202/117/125 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 110%

Hope you are feeling better now and have more energy.

Looking forward to seeing the photos. I bet he is sweet!!