Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 20:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Oh, I don't know...I guess I don't see it as any different than someone being exceedingly obese and choosing to remain that way. I've seen people almost militant that they are healthy at staggering weights. If you read some of the pro-ana boards, most of these girls just want to be thin...they aren't trying to kill themselves. I think that a good number probably do have some type of disorder, but there are others on those sites that have made a conscious choice to be thin and to exercise control over what goes into their mouths.

Just an alternative viewpoint.

L
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-05, 12:17

Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Given a choice....skinny or fat? Everyone knows the answer to that. I've been both...I prefer the skinny. My eating disorder is watching what I eat, so I never end up fat again.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-05, 16:04

Stats: 276/266/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%
Post Wow

That was the most disturbing site. These poor women I can say this I do wish to be thinner but I am confident in my skin the way I am and that took alot of personal growth and awareness a few years back,now I just am striving to better myself to the best of my ability. I hope these women get intervention before they die.

~Peace,Love,Health and Happiness~

~G-d Bless~

~Namaste'~

~Colleen April~
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 01:39
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

I think it is a fetish site - some people have fetishes for obese women or particularly ugly ones or really disproportionate or any other physical anomaly. To get sexually excited by concentration camp-lookalikes, you should probably get some help. It's not healthy at all.

e
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 01:41
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyspers
Oh, I don't know...I guess I don't see it as any different than someone being exceedingly obese and choosing to remain that way. I've seen people almost militant that they are healthy at staggering weights. If you read some of the pro-ana boards, most of these girls just want to be thin...they aren't trying to kill themselves. I think that a good number probably do have some type of disorder, but there are others on those sites that have made a conscious choice to be thin and to exercise control over what goes into their mouths.

Just an alternative viewpoint.

L

I think it's noted that when you starve yourself of particular vitamins, your brain suffers too. This is why people might startout just wanting to get skinnier but by the time their brain is affected by severely poor nutrition, it becomes something they often cannot overcome alone, if at all.

e
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 05:43

Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I agree with whyspers... In fact, I think there are plenty women out there who shudder in horror at they very idea, and secretly wish they were a LITTLE anorexic. I know several of my friends have admitted to it. When I was heavy, that thought crossed my mind several times. My desire to eat overcame that. Sigh...too much in love with food.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-05, 22:38

Stats: 326/215/200 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Oh my god. To think my grandma put me in their category just because I chewed up an oatmeal cookie and spit it out and because she can see my collar bone. I should print some of those pics and show her what anorexic really is.