Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-14, 12:29

Plan: Atkins/Keto-Queen
Stats: 257/151.0/150 Female 5-8
BF:
Progress: 99%
Default How do you figure out your Deficit?

First post ( YAY )

Im curious to others thoughts on excersize and the "calorie" deficit. Im getting frustrated as I have been trying for the past 2 weeks to do at least 3 hours of various activities throughout my day and that ball and chain (scale) will not budge out of the 220's. I have purchased great tools to help me along on my journey. This isn't my first time around the block and am fully aware of being over 40 blows, being "hypo" stinks, water retention, muscle weighs more than fat...etc...but how can you figure out your daily deficit. I want the scale to MOVE!!!!! When I get to "Onderland" it wont be as important I promise (ya right)..... so this is what I do:

Yoga for beginners and beyond IM IN LOVE - Begginers AM 45 min

Jillian 30 day shred - still at beginners level 30 minutes

The step body infusion which came with a stepper 3# hand weights a resistance band a 65 inch bouncie ball ^_^ and a DVD. The stepping part of the DVD is awful...it is for no beginner and is totally laughable ( gatta make sure the blinds are closed for that one ) but I do upper or lower 20 min's and core 10 minutes

and of course Old Faithful (treadmill) got cleared and dusted off 1 hr 3mph 3incline

....more yoga before bed I so love yoga!!! 30 minutes

So ya....why isnt the scale moving? Its been 2 weeks ... I'm not painfully sore anymore. I can "get out" of bed in the morning and not "roll out" I can actually sit on the toilet comfortably now ( LMAO ) and my knees and ankles are no longer swollen. My eating is totally at induction level, Im pretty confident that my protien/fat/carb ratio is in check as well ( again not my first time around the block ) Any suggestions? Too much too quick? Do more? do less? Keep doing what Im doing and throw the scale out the window? I guess I need to start taking pictures ( I am so NOT a fan of selfies ). It's so hard NOT to WANT INSTANT GRATIFICATION!!!! UUUUUgggg.

Thank you for any suggestions or just listening to my rant.
Sponsored Links