Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 18:58

Plan: Curves eating plan
Stats: 186/152/140 Female 5'8'
BF:
Progress: 74%

I spent Saturday and Sunday camping and all the exercise I got was a 30-45 min low intensity walk around the grounds. I was planning on jogging, but just this walk bothered my knee because of the hills. So no real exercise this weekend.

Today:

Chest/Shoulders/Tris/Abs

DB Bench Press: 3 x 25 x 8-7-4
Assisted Dip: 3 x 120A x 8-6.5-7.5
Arnold Press: 4 x 15 x 8-7-5.5-4.5
One-arm Rear Delt Row: 3 x 20-22.5-22.5 x 8-8-8
Lateral Raises: 3 x 10 x 6-6.75-5.5
One-arm tricep extension: 3 x 10 x 8-5-4
Hanging knee lifts: 2 x 8
Decline Sit-ups: 3 x 10-8-6 high incline

I tried hanging knee lifts for my abs today for the first time. I dont think I'll do them on chest and shoulder day again! I had a hard time just holding myself up on the pads!! Next time I'll do them with back day where abs should be and I'll hopefully be able to do more.

All in all, I felt stronger today. I raised my reps on my bench press, dip, rear delt rows, lateral raises, and tricep extension.

I think it's about time for me to change my routine up a bit. There are some new exercises here, but a lot havent changed much. I think next week I'll try to work some new exercises in or change how I do my sets.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 18:31
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amzippity
Hi Built,

Can I ask you a question? I recently started doing sitting calf raises and I like them. However, I'm having a heck of a time getting the stupid plates off the machine! It's not a weight thing, I can get them on fine, I just cant get a grip around the plate. When I try to pry one up, the whole pile leans to the side and I cant get my fingers between them. (the plates are at about a 45 degree angle). Is there a trick to getting the plates off of these machines? I pinched some skin in my leg last time and it didnt feel good! (Dont ask how I managed that, I'm not really sure.) Anyway, I was just wondering if there was some sort of secret. I felt rather foolish struggling with them the other day.

Also, speaking of this machine... I remember you once mentioning using Vogue magazines under the pads. Is this what you were using them for? I felt I could have used a lot more weight, but the amount I had on there was hurting my quads (3 plates).

Thanks.

Yes, that's what I use the old Vogue magazines for! Finally, a good use for these silly things! I was just using them yesterday, in fact!

I kinda grap 'em and turn 'em, but I agree, they're hard to grasp. You could try loading 2.5 pound plates between the 45s so you can slip your fingers between them afterward, but that won't help if they're already loaded up. I go through this too.

Good job on the workouts, though! 3 plates is a LOT!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 21:04

Plan: Curves eating plan
Stats: 186/152/140 Female 5'8'
BF:
Progress: 74%

Today I did 30 min on my at-home stair climber.

I was ready to give up after 15-20 minutes, but I really pushed myself and I'm glad I did. I think my heart rate was a tad too high (I was having difficulty finishing sentences) but it wasn't too bad.

I really didnt feel like doing cardio today but I've been slacking majorly on my cardio lately, so I did it anyway.
I'm happy that I did.