Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-17, 12:29

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

I was feeling really stuck with my weight, but I just bought some new bras. Same brand, same style as before, but a size smaller. Favorite clothes that were too tight a couple months ago now fit very nicely. So something is happening, even if the scale isn't showing it.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-17, 19:49

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Sigh. I know I was always a carboholic. Given the choice between a perfectly prepared steak and a dish of mac and cheese I would ALWAYS have chosen the mac and cheese. In my heart of hearts I know I still would if that were an option for me. I've never been especially fond of meat. I'm still not. Steak never calls my name. Well lobster might call my name but how often could I eat that, 😂. I still struggle at time as even after all theses many years I still really prefer many carbs to the LC foods. But I still bumble along, mostly fruitlessly, eight years into my current stall - but still better than gaining it all back "and then some" as I've done every other time.

Hope you continue to enjoy the gym and your losses continue as well.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-17, 17:11

Plan: Atkins / IF
Stats: 258/232.7/200 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Eight years? I sincerely hope that you break your stall soon!! I'm leery of giving anyone specific weight loss / health advice on the internet, but I hope you really have some kind of a positive breakthrough!

Because of hurricane irma, I had to break my diet and have been off-Atkins for about two weeks. Sadly, I promptly gained about eight pounds but through a lot of effort, as of today, I've managed to recoup 4 of those pounds so I'm "only" up four pounds.

My current situation is, I really can't follow Atkins but I am trying to still diet and exercise.

Nevertheless, what I have learned has been interesting. For me, the main benefit of the Atkins diet seems to be that it curbs one's appetite. I didn't feel hungry while on Atkins and often, I had to "remember" and force myself to eat.

During these past two weeks of being "off-Atkins", I find myself battling hunger. I've been eating about 1400 calories but still feel hungry, especially in the night time hours. It's amazing how the calories add up when you add carbs into the mix.

Well, because of circumstances beyond my control, I'll have to continue this "off-Atkins" diet and exercise regiment and see how successful I can be. I probably shouldn't post in this section( or even on this website any longer ) because technically, I am no longer on a low-carb diet. Yet this offers an interesting scenario for me because IF I can lose weight while being "off-Atkins", and also maintain my weight, it certainly does represent an ideal situation for people like myself who enjoy all kinds of foods. Exercise is going to be the main "tool" to combat obesity. That and a conscientious and deliberate effort to control my calories through dieting.

Good luck everyone. And I sincerely hope "Merpig" can break her 8 year long stall. Please, that's way too long! I'd offer suggestions but that probably would not be wise. I hope you break your stall.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-17, 20:37

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Thanks for a refreshing and open au revoir - I wish you well and believe there are many ways to find health thru eating - help others along the way, till we meet again and you are always welcome here - including any gained insight you might share with us.

all the best!
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-17, 23:17
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

I don't weigh everyday. The "joy" of carbs will go away.

Fasting may be the key to breaking a stall. I stay the same weight on one-meal-a-day now, not sure what to try next?

You can lose fat and gain muscle, which weighs more than fat, and your weight will stay the same or even increase.

Loose skin makes you appear overweight, and it's not eye appealing to others.

Scales lie -- mirrors, video or photos don't.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 08:20

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc4life217
...I am no longer on a low-carb diet. Yet this offers an interesting scenario for me because IF I can lose weight while being "off-Atkins", and also maintain my weight, it certainly does represent an ideal situation for people like myself who enjoy all kinds of foods. Exercise is going to be the main "tool" to combat obesity. That and a conscientious and deliberate effort to control my calories through dieting

I don't know if you'll come back and see this, but I had to chime in. I've been a member of this forum for almost 13 years. I've always struggled with staying low carb for more than a few of weeks at a time and my weight was constantly up and down. I feel awesome the first few days and by the second week my acid reflux is terrible and my blood pressure goes up. I know that's the opposite of everyone else, but there it is. I also, like you, prefer other foods to low carb foods. Given a choice between steak and risotto, I'll go for the risotto every time.

Anyway, about four or five months ago I discovered the books "Mini Habits" and "Mini Habits for Weight Loss" by Stephen Guise. Changed my world. I'm feeling really good, eating the foods I like, and my weight is finally dropping slowly but surely. I'm now at the lowest weight I've been since 1999!

I still hang around here because my husband is now doing low carb so it helps to keep current and get meal ideas. And frankly, I'm also obsessed with dieting and nutrition, lol.

Just thought I'd mention those books in case they might be of some help. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by HappyLC : Mon, Sep-25-17 at 08:26.