Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-01, 22:08

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default SEVERE CHOCOLATE DESIRES!!! YIKES

Doing Atkins Induction ----- almost done -----

Today I can not rid of the STRONG DESIRES for chocolate or something sweet.

I drank so much water today -- I am bloated. In addition, I am at 19 carbs - (most from dairy) and today because I could not have
candy, I ate string cheese -- 6 (six) sticks!!

I tried celery - hot and spicy pork rinds --- I can not get past this.
This is the only time I have had this problem.....

I even brushed my teeth three times tonight...

Yikes I am in trouble.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-01, 22:36

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress: 0%

I've experienced the exact same cravings and the best advice I've been given is to eat a big meal high in fat and protein when you feel a craving coming on. This will give you a feeling of fullness and stabilise your insulin levels. I've found that a greasy meal such as melted cheese with fried sausages makes me feel satiated and is effective in minimising the cravings for something sweet. Hope it works for you!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-01, 23:49
Registered Member

Plan: 10-20g per day
Stats: 169/129/125
BF:
Progress: 91%

You will get there, Thinme.

I have never had a sweets addiction, more a starch one: rice, bread, pasta, potatos, fries, chips. (I am so glad most nuts are on this diet!)

Every morning I would look longingly at the toaster.... ah for a piece of toast. Every lunchtime, I would think, what kind of sandwich today? I got myself into the habit of repeating to myself... bread is poison, bread is poison a few times (OK, so sometimes 50 times) and the urge soon went away. Now I am down to 'bread is bad, bread is bad' and it seems I don't look at the toaster anywhere near as often as I did. I am three and a half months into this diet, mind you.

I find a nice spinach salad with bacon crumbles, sliced boiled egg and traditional home-made mayonaisse - or any other kind of salad for that matter - for lunch is very filling and takes any urge for a piece of bread away because it is very filling. And tasty.

My bread-craving timezone tended to be limited to early day - never at night. When do you usually eat chocolate? Is time perhaps a trigger?

Our more experienced others should comment on this because I just don't know - I have never taken sugar in tea or coffee - but would eliminating that early morning 'sweet' hit make a difference to the rest of the day?

Keep going, Thinster - it works and you WILL get better at Just Saying NO!