Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-26-04, 23:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/151/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 27%
Question OK, be honest! Anyone totally blow it??

I feel so gross. I ate a little of everything on the dinner table. I have binged for 2 days now.
Anyone else?

I'm starting again in the morning.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-27-04, 05:53

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

It happens to many people (including me from time to time). You've just got to pick yourself up, and start all over again...and why leave it till tomorrow...why not make your next meal low carb?

More important is why did you do it? Not enough low carb choices? Other family members insist on their potatoes? What's happening? This is the problem you really have to solve.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-27-04, 07:08
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I actually did this over Easter weekend last year. Starting Friday night I let myself go off plan. Come Easter I felt so bad, I was taking naps! I never felt so good as when I got back on plan Monday morning. What was funny is that bag of robins eggs was so sweet when I first started eating them I almost couldn't stand to eat them! Almost that is By the time I was half way through the bag they were exactly as I remembered!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-27-04, 10:38

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I am thankful that TG was at my house. We fed only the immediate family. I did great even though I fixed mashed potatoes and DH made stuffing and yams. I had only my low carb foods although I did lick the spoon that stirred the potatoes and I did have a tiny pice of yam...no real cheats. I was down 3 lbs by the end of the week. I had soooo much food though that I thought that I would hve put on weight.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-27-04, 10:52

Plan: my own
Stats: 170/185/200 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

hello everybody,
i have read so much about food that i am almost sick of it! having read about nutrition from the age of 16, i can say, i must know something! One of the reasons the AT/diet works is that ur carbs are low! fat is not the ememy, not in its raw form!
nuts and seeds etc. carbs in the form of bread , pasta ect, are man made and most things man has made seems to come back and bite us on the ass!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-27-04, 14:49
Registered Member

Stats: 245/233/180 Female 68 Inches
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default I admit it!

Hi,
I'll admit it, I splurged. I planned to, however. I work SO hard on this diet, have rarely cheated, make 3 meals a day with clean up and decided that on a holiday, I can have a treat. I've gone from MASSIVE carb addiction to under 20 carbs/day, pretty much overnight so I ain't got no guilt, and wont' listen to no lectures..lol. If I find myself with cravings, I'll cut back on any splurging, but I realy dont' have them. And the stomach ache that I got after a very small amount of mashed potatoes isn't really worth going back anyway.And, my pound losts now total 20. So hey, drinks are on me...lol!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-27-04, 15:17

Stats: 232/216/142 Female 66 inches
BF:

I did wonderful and I feel great, my poor husband, however, splurged and has continued to do so and he feels terrible. I think he's getting back on track today but he has a wedding to video tape and I'm not so sure how well he'll do at the reception.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-28-04, 15:46

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

I splurged! But the next day felt lousy. Tired, achey, sleepy, headache, just like a hangover!! So, this is my second day of induction, feeling better already. No more big meals coming up, as Christmas this year will be quiet at our house,,so there was no reason I couldnt start right back on it. Even started up my supplements again, after several weeks not caring. So, as the Bible says,,"Forgetting those things wihich are behind, I press towards the mark..."
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 07:00

Plan: Own LC
Stats: 247/166/155 Female 5'3"
BF:lots
Progress: 88%

I ate like there would be no food left on the planet... Then I ate all the leftovers.... I am not being to hard on myself because now I have a terrible cold and don't feel like eating anything.... Not to mention my husband bought a new Harley so we can't afford to eat.

kat
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 07:54

Stats: 239/245/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: -7%

I've totally blown it for about 2 months now. I quit smoking and went back to eating junk. I didn't go back as bad as I was but still it kept me from feeling good and I haven't been losing anything, of course. It is never too late to get back on track. I came back here today. That is a start. You admitted what you did, there is your start. Good luck!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 09:18

Welcome back, nka!!! I did almost the same thing,,,only for a shorter period. For a couple of weeks there I ate everything. This is my third day back though, and Im feeling lots better already. What is it about the holidays that makes us think we gotta eat all that stuff?? Those darn pilgrims!! See what they started!! All they had to worry about was a tough wild turkey and some parched corn,,and now look!!! Pumpkin pie, stuffing, mashed potatoes, noodles, gravy, cranberry sauce,,,,,,ugh!!!!
Oh well, got 11 months before we have to worry about it again! We will be skinny by then and not wanna mess up all our hard work,,,,,,ya think?
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 09:53

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:

I'm VERY proud of myself! I stuck to low carb, as planned, besides the 1/4 cup of my mom's stuffing (which I had planned on having all along). I made lc pecan pie and pumpkin bars, so I wasn't tempted by the other sugar laden desserts floating around... I did eat a lot, however, even though it was all legal. But I'm not worried about it, I always eat more than normal on Thanksgiving and it isn't the way I normally eat, so I know any weight I may have gained (haven't weighed myself in like 2 weeks now) will be gone soon. The only thing I was really bad about for the last four days was WATER!!! I was lucky to get 3 glasses in every day. But I'm back to my 8-12 today, so I'm not going to worry about it anymore... Glad to hear so many of you stuck to it or are back on track today!!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 10:32

Stats: 239/245/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: -7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmama
Welcome back, nka!!! I did almost the same thing,,,only for a shorter period. For a couple of weeks there I ate everything. This is my third day back though, and Im feeling lots better already. What is it about the holidays that makes us think we gotta eat all that stuff?? Those darn pilgrims!! See what they started!! All they had to worry about was a tough wild turkey and some parched corn,,and now look!!! Pumpkin pie, stuffing, mashed potatoes, noodles, gravy, cranberry sauce,,,,,,ugh!!!!
Oh well, got 11 months before we have to worry about it again! We will be skinny by then and not wanna mess up all our hard work,,,,,,ya think?

Thanks, musicmama! I am not feeling better at all. Induction flu is the suck! I didn't really cheat that bad on Thanksgiving but the constant cheating for months did me in. It's like starting from scratch all over again but I know it is worth it. Now I can do it smoke free We will definitely be skinny by next year
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 11:27
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I'd been planning for Thanksgiving all week. I made baked cauliflower and pumpkin bars so I could skip the mashed potatoes & deserts. It worked perfectly! Friday, however, we got together with friends and because of a lack of food choices, I ate pizza. -Not too bad, I suppose, however I did so good beating the Thanksgiving temptations, it's a little disappointing that I gave in to something thats around all the time. Oh Well, today is Monday and I'm right back on track.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 11:50

Pizza is the hardest thing for me to pass up....so I totally understand..