Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-06, 09:25

Plan: Keto
Stats: 180/145/130 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 70%

Thanks Regina, this is really helpful to know.
I'm not going to step on the scale until the end of my first week of induction.

My headache wasn't too bad yesterday with my first day back on induction. This forum is wonderful, because I read somewhere that if I took a potassium tablet, I wouldn't get a headache and sure enough when I took potassium -- I just had a mild headache.

Today I feel better. What do you all eat for breakfast? I'm kind of getting tired of eggs.

I can't live without my coffee, cream and splenda. That's one thing I have to wean myself off of. I only have one cup in the morning, but...can't live without it.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-06, 11:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/209/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 45%

It still has eggs in it, but I really like the crustless quiche - in its many varieties.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-06, 11:29
Chaos in the flesh!

Plan: custom
Stats: 386/218.2/167 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 77%

We fight and fight and fight our addiction to the high carb - fat causing food - then we blow it. And when we do, we figure, well, I blew it, might as well enjoy it. So we eat everything in sight....we don't eat a bowl of icecream, we eat the entire container. We don't eat a whopper, we eat a whopper combo with the king sized fries AND get the reeces' peanut butter pie for desert - we keep eating because we don't feel full - the reason is, you're not feeding your body at this point - you're feeding some silly emotion that you let get the better of you and its creating a black hole that all this crap that you're eating goes to. You go to bed that night and the black hole spontaneiously combusts and all the debris left over from the day of binge eating lands on your butt, hips, gut and thighs in the form of FAT. Feel better now? lol. It didn't fill up anything except a larger size of pants and now you've set yourself back, feel like crap, have a carb hangover - and that's called having a good time :P I've done this so many times that I can recite it word for word. Does it make any sense? Well, it does at the time....and so did going home with that guy when I was drunk at the bar that is now my ex husband :P See how that worked out? Anything that "sounds good at the time" is probably gonna bite you in the ass later.

My advice: take your fat pants - yeah - everyone has fat pants. The biggest pair of pants you ever wore ....now it's really difficult and awkward to carry these around with you as a reminder...BUT - cut the tag out and stick it in your purse. Make a copy of it and tape it to your visor in your car. Make it so you have it readily accessable to you at all times. When you're at that birthday party and that cake looks aweful good, look in your purse. That tag can be right next to an atkins bar that you can eat instead. When you're outta time and you figure you'll fast-food it, and that whopper combo with the big-ass fries sounds good - flip down that visor - look at that tag. Then order your whopper combo with a side salad and a diet soda or a water...get a fork and a knife and feed the bun to the seagulls. It fixes the fast food craving and fills you up and does it the right way! Keep that tag as a constant reminder! Its a little less obvious than your fat pants or a picture of you in your fat pants. That number is very strong on that tag. At least it is for me!
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-06, 19:46

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissa
... so did going home with that guy when I was drunk at the bar that is now my ex husband :P

LOL!! That was funny. Yes, I agree with everything you said. You are so right. It's like we are missing out on something great when it isn't even good for us. We know this and have proof of it, yet we crave it and go after it to get a fix like some kind of drug and then we feel like crap when it's in our system. As if we can't live without it and we all know that we can.
Betty Ford can't get us out of this one...sigh...
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 11:47

BF:

It's funny, when I cheat, I just don't cheat a little. I go all out. I gorge myself with stuff I know I'm not suppose to have, even when I know it's not good for me.
Like instead of having just one chocolate chip cookie, I might have the whole package. It doesn't even taste that good, but I still eat the whole package. Then I go on a hunt -- where are the potatoe chips, how much ice cream can I inhale -- I go crazy. I act just like a addict going back to old ways.
After it's all over, I sit there feeling really, really sick and that's when I remember that this is really bad for me.
I've done this twice, until I realized I WAS an addict or as we say "carboholic".
These days I'm doing well. Have to take it one day at a time until I really get use to eating like this forever.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 12:24

BF:

Had a mock danish this morning and it was very delicious.
Mmmm...
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 08:15
Chaos in the flesh!

BF:

It does take a while to get the desires for the bad things in life out of your system. And it stinks because, there are people out there that can eat those things for the rest of their lives and not worry about weight gain - but that's because they eat things in moderation, unlike myself, who will eat the entire cheesecake instead of just one serving. portion control has always been a big thing for me. As in one I couldn't tackle. I'm doing much better at that now and I don't binge like I used to. But I remember the days of a half gallon of ice cream, a bacon double cheeseburger combo with the KING sized fries, the bag of doritos and the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and that was just in the evening. I think the best was when I binged on food I don't even like. I ate so much chocolate one day, I would have put willy wonk outta business. Here's the kicker - I don't even LIKE chocolate unless it's serving as a fine coating for peanut butter :P But I did - I ate like a 2lb solid chocolate easter bunny. I still have one that's in the bottom of my freezer underneath a turkey :P Its been there for 3 years. It'll probably stay there for another 3 till I finally throw it away.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 15:46

BF:

I restarted induction on the 15th and completed it on the 28th. I lost 8 pounds and I feel really great. I can't believe I did it. I had a headache and carb withdrawals for the first two days, but I stuck it out, because I sure as h--- didn't want to start all over again with more headaches. On the third day I felt a lot better and on the fourth day, I had a lot of energy and still do. The first two days were awful, but I'm glad I stuck with it, because now I have more energy and feel great. There were days I had to force myself to eat, because you don't feel hungry after a while. Like today, I had to force myself to eat breakfast.
I think what also helped me was to get on the 100-day challenge and by going to the "success stories" every time I logged on. They are very inspirational.
After today, I will have completed my 16th day with no cheats. Yay!
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 06:31
Chaos in the flesh!

BF:

Way to go! congrats on getting back on track! I know it takes a bit to get there - and sometimes and I know its the case for me - I don't wanna go through it all again, so I'm really going to kick my own butt this time to do it right this time so I don't have to do it again
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 07:43

BF:

Way to go Rissa! Yes, sometimes we have to kick ourselves to get back in gear or on track. I can't believe I have done 16 days with no cheats. It's amazing what we can do if we set our minds to it.
My girls even eat cookies and chips in front of me sometimes and I don't even care to have any. I just remember what kind of headaches they give me. I figure, as long as I'm feeling great, then why mess with it.
Good luck. I know it's hard but it's all mind over matter or fatter.