Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-10, 15:19

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 209.7/194.1/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile Introducing Myself

Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking for awhile (reading the Hour Power thread), and finally decided to sign up. You all seem so nice and helpful!

I first did CAD/CALP after weaning my first daughter in January 2003. Lost 40 pounds on it and then fell off the wagon. Lost about 20 more on Atkins and got down to 143 (almost to my goal of 140 at the time) in June 2004. Since then, I've had 3 more children. Lost weight after number 2, but not after number 3. So... I started my 4th pregnancy at my highest pre-pregnancy weight ever.

I've been struggling to get back on the losing path. Started Atkins in February and lost about 20 pounds, but fell off the wagon again. Counting the carbs was just too much for me. I'm detail oriented, so I counted every morsel going into my mouth.

I have 4 children (ages 1 1/2, 3, 5, and 8 1/2), and I homeschool and work very part-time from home. So, I need something simple which is why I'm back to Carb Addict's. Although it's simple, it hasn't been easy getting back on track. My head just hasn't been in the right place. I think (hope) that now it is.

I do like Carb Addict's because I can cook/eat the same meals my family is used to. Also, I don't have to worry when DS or DD wants a bite of my food. On Atkins, I was very possessive of my food. With CA, I don't have to be!

I want this to be "just the way I eat", so I didn't think I needed support. But, I've re-thought that and realize that I DO need support, because this isn't "just the way I eat" quite yet. So, until it is, I need all the support and encouragement I can get!

I plan/hope to post in the hour power thread every day. Thanks for being here to help me on my way!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-10, 21:27
Registered Member

Stats: 287.4/287.4/199 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

YAY, FRESH MEAT!!!!!!!!! I was the fresh meat on this board last week, heh heh.

Welcome aboard!!!!!! I so hear you about the part of being possessed with the food on Atkins, LOL. My husband used to try to grab my salad items, and I'd slap his hand and tell him to get his own, as I had already measured out my carb allotment for the meal.

I couldn't stay on it because of kidney problems. The protein made me so sick to my stomach, I couldn't even look at it anymore. I went to the doctor feeling the worst I have ever felt in my life, and was told to get off of it right that minute. The doctor said it's not a bad diet for most people, but for someone like me, it is dangerous. So, no more Atkins for me.

I don't think I would have lasted too much longer on it anyway, as I found it to be very boring with limited food choices. I need a variety of food on my diets, and I missed a lot of fruits and veggies and bread on occasion.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-14-10, 08:01
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Debby-
welcome.

I can relate to the baby weight. I have 2 kids (now in their 20s) and lost all my weight after the first, and lost NO weight after the second. I weighed the same after having him as I did pregnant! I kept telling the md that something was wrong- and I was basically ignored. Knowing what I know now, I think I became insulin resistant during that pregnancy and that the way I ate- lots of carbs- was toxic. It took me until my DS was 15 to find this WOL- so you are way ahead of me!!
I lost all of my weight on CALP. I love not weighing or measuring my food- I am not detail oriented so this works for me. And I cook one dinner- with extra carbs for everyone else. It works for us.
Glad you are here!
E
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-14-10, 10:42
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 178/000/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 468%

Welcome.

I've been here off and on. This is a great place to chat with others about the plan and this is a good plan. Best Wishes.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-14-10, 11:09

Stats: 209.7/194.1/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Thanks, Ladies, for the warm welcome! Today is day #1 back on plan, and I am REALLY craving my dear but evil friend, sugar, right now. I know that if I stick with it, that will go away. I just need to be strong, and perhaps distract myself. It doesn't help any that TOM came today.

Wish me luck!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-14-10, 12:10
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi again Debby-
just allow your body to detox from the sugar. Drink lots of water, eat lots of protein and veggies- and it will get better.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-14-10, 12:19
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 178/000/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 468%

Debby,
The best thing is to eat lots of protein and fat when those cravings hit. In a few days it will level out. The beginning is a tough time but you'll be surprised at how soon the cravings dissappear.

Best Wishes
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-14-10, 17:02
Registered Member

Stats: 287.4/287.4/199 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

By the third and fourth day, I was no longer craving sugar during the day, and any sugar that I had at my RM satisfied me. Hang in there, it will get easier, I promise! You're doing great!