Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-17-10, 22:58
Registered Member

Plan: Dirty Carnivore/C Fast
Stats: 164/136.5/125 Female 67 inches
BF:39%/30%/20%
Progress: 71%
Default "YOU ARE GOING TO:"

(1) Love your body!

This is what I wrote on my big list of goals/dreams I was going to accomplish in the next 2 years.

I started Protein Power Nov 29th, 2009. I started at 164 lbs.

My "ideal weight" range from the calculations in the book is 135-125lbs.

As of the end of Week 7 I have lost 20.5lbs, coming out to 143.5: 8.5 pounds until I am at the top of my weight range!! I can't believe it!

I have probably not been this light since freshman year of college. I will not be able to believe it when I get in the 130s!!

I've been over in the protein power forum, which I really like, but I have been coming here to have more to read and found some really great stuff, especially around weight training and the success stories and learning about other LC plans people follow.

I am one of those people that needs regular reminding/motivation to keep going for a goal, and I've found message boards help me in that. So . . .

HELLO!

I've put up a "before" pic, and will need to get a good body shot now for my "progress" pic since I'm half way to the ideal weight.

Thanks for having me!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-17-10, 23:02
Registered Member

Something else I should mention:

I do protein power but with what I call "Natural Fasting". Here's an excerpt from my journal in the PP forum:

Well, I may've mentioned this before but I have had a very difficult time actually eating 3 meals a day. I have been conscious of the fact that I needed to up my protein intake on the meals I was eating to make sure I was at least close to what I needed minimally. I definitely don't do it on purpose because I am trying to lose weight - I do it because I am just a weirdo that likes to focus on something and hates to do errands and chores - I'd rather be working on something. When I get really hungry I do something about it.

I consider eating enjoyable but damned inconvenient. I have a really fast-paced and meeting-heavy job, and on the 3 days a week I go into the office I barely have time for a 10 minute break every now and then. I may get hungry near the end of the day and I can feel my brain starting to lose its steam but I have also found a bit of sharpness and desire to just figure things out without a lot of analysis-paralysis when I am hungry. Hunger makes me mentally more efficient. Isn't that strange? It makes me more nimble and I have to rely more on my judgment, which is what they pay me for.

Since going LC this pattern hasn't changed except that when I do eat, I am keeping it LC even though I may be extra-hungry on occasion. My self-control seems to be much better than I thought it would be, which also makes me feel more comfortable about sticking with this more natural-to-me timing of eating.

I've decided that I am going to go with the flow of what my body is asking for (when it is hungry) and make sure that protein count is where it should be. "Fasting" or what I would call "Natural Fasting" for me has been working so far. Intermittent, it is. Maybe 2-4 days a week will I not eat until late afternoon and then maybe again a few hours later. Other days I may do late breakfast and normal dinner. I've always been the type to skip meals, it was just that when I ate I was eating tons of carbs and I was drinking up the carbs via cokes and dr peppers. That has changed, so I am going to keep things this way but keep an eye on it as well.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-10, 04:30

Plan: paleo adaptation
Stats: 248/215/200 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 69%

Good job! Keep up the good work!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-10, 22:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 374/297/168 Female 5ft 2in
BF:Um yes
Progress: 37%

Congratulations on losing 20.5 lbs!! I used to be addicted to the cokes and dr.pepper too. You don't realise the # of carbs in stuff like that when you are guzzeling them down. Good luck on your journey.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-10, 01:10
Registered Member

Yeah I don't even crave cokes and dr. peppers anymore. We'll see if that sticks in the summer heat!