Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-17, 12:36

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 220/126/132 Male 65in
BF:
Progress: 107%
Default Black tea may help with weight loss, too

Black tea may help with weight loss, too
Benefits of green tea were already known; new UCLA study shows that polyphenols in both varieties alter gut bacteria

Roxanne Moster | October 02, 2017
Black tea
poppet with a camera/Flickr
The UCLA research could help explain the difference between how black tea and green tea change energy metabolism.
UCLA researchers have demonstrated for the first time that black tea may promote weight loss and other health benefits by changing bacteria in the gut. In a study of mice, the scientists showed that black tea alters energy metabolism in the liver by changing gut metabolites.

The research is published in the European Journal of Nutrition.

The study found that both black and green tea changed the ratio of intestinal bacteria in the animals: The percentage of bacteria associated with obesity decreased, while bacteria associated with lean body mass increased.

https://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/...weight-loss-too
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-17, 15:50

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Good news for me. Black tea, without milk or sweetener, is my morning/afternoon drink of choice, and, while I don't dislike green tea, it just doesn't fill the same need for me. Not a coffee drinker unless I am somewhere where I can't get decent tea.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-09-17, 09:34

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I have become very fond of kombucha. Here's a thread I started about it.

It's a combo of tea and a "mother" somewhat like vinegar, only with a mushroom base. Delish and does wonders to regulate my appetite and any tummy issues which might come up.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-09-17, 16:24

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Every once in awhile I consider kombucha, but so far have not taken the plunge. I worry about the sugar, though apparently it is used up in the fermentation. And, oddly, the whole SCOBY/Mother thing kind of freaks me out. I say"oddly" because fermentation in general is something I have done a lot of: vinegar, veggies, dairy, and haven't any issues with any of it. Maybe that should be my project for this winter.