Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 04:49

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%
Default Doing this thing my way!

AFter taking a few weeks off (more like almost 2 months), I have learned many things.

1. We have a natural hunger and fullness level. If we wait until we are hungry to eat, and STOP when we are satisfied (not exactly full), we will lose weight.

2. If we stop watching the clock and always having our thoughts on food, we will lose weight.

3. If we do not eat out of head hunger, but instead wait for that true body hunger ~ then we will lose weight.

4. If we don't stress over what we did wrong, or even right, we will lose weight.

So, since this is a lifestyle, I have to be able to live with it. I am doing this "atkins" thing my way. I am not obsessing anymore. I was there for 2 years already ~ now it's just time to enjoy life!

Desserts and sweet treats are just that ~ TREATS. If I eat them all the time, it's not a treat anymore. It becomes a meal. NO thanks! They are not all they are cracked up to be. Having the "freedom" to eat what I want, is not beneficial for me, because i choose the wrong foods for my body. IF I do it once in a while, it's not so bad, but not every single meal.

I am proud to say I have "grown up" some and I am THANKFUL!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 07:15
Induction ≠ Atkins

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

Welcome back!

It's very important to find the balance that works for us. What works for me might not work for you, might not work for anyone else. I think too often we try and copy what has worked for others without taking the time to learn what OUR body needs. It's a very important step that doesn't come easy - it comes from really listening and taking the time to understand what we as individuals need. I think too many people skip that step.

Wishing you continued success!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 07:17

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

In other words..."Just do it."
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 15:09

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by black57
In other words..."Just do it."

Best words ever spoken!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-10, 08:04
Registered Member

Plan: my own lc plan
Stats: 174/156/140 Female 5'4"
BF:not sure?
Progress: 53%

I'm with you Sheila. I try not to stress about food. If something looks especially delicious, I'll have a bite. Yesterday I had some sushi. The other day I had a couple of beers. I think if you make stuff like that a once in a while thing rather than a daily thing (or a never thing) it can do a lot to keep your morale up.

Of course, I understand that some people can't just have a few pieces of sushi and be done with it. Or just a couple bites of cake. I guess everybody is different!