Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 06:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 286/268.5/145 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 12%

I Thought I'd Check In And Let Everyone Know That Things Are Still Great With Me. I Had Steak And Eggs For Breakfast. My Husband Said "wow, Steak And Eggs, I Said Yeh, And I Don't Even Feel Guilty About It" That's One Of The Bonuses On This. I Had Always Felt Guilty Eating Meat Because Of All The Other Diets I Had Been On But I Love Meat, Even Before This Wol I Would Just Eat Chicken, Or Steak Or Pork Chops For Supper With Nothing Else. Of Course, That Wasn't Healthy, But I Didn't Care So It's Great To Be Able To Eat Meat And Not Feel Guilty. My Husband Said He Has Seen A Big Change In My Disposition. He Said I'm Happier, And He Also Said He Is Very Proud Of My Progress. He Said My Butt Feels Smaller And Firmer. It's Good To Have Support From Him. I Actually Thought He Would Try To Sabotage My Wol But He Hasn't. Bless His Heart.hope All Of You Are Doing As Good As I Am. Have A Great Week-end. Peg
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 08:24

BF:

Hi Everyone, I Must Be Pretty Boring. No One Wants To Reply To Me. Honest I Am Not Boring, I Am Just Wending My Way Through Here And I Don't Want Everyone To Know How "interesting" My Life Is Ha.ha. Seriously, I Wish Someone Would Write Here, I Would Love To Hear From You. I Have Started On My 3rd Week Of Lc And I Am Still Doing Great. People Are Starting To Notice And So Am I. Still Taking In My Jeans And Getting Into Blouses I Couldn't Last Year. My Face Is Losing The Puffiness. I Haven't Had Anything Sweet Since I Started This Lc And I Don't Miss It. I Am Also Not Eating Between Meals And I Still Don't Get Hungry. My Scale Hasn't Arrived Yet So I Still Don't Know How Much I've Lost, I Hope I'm Not Disappointed. I Feel So Good, I Have To Have Dropped Something. Hang Tight Everyone And Stay In Touch. Peg
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 08:28
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

Good job!

We're not ignoring you... really!

Keep on doing what you're doing, it sounds like it's working for you. I'd suggest you take some measurements now so you can see the difference in inches as well as weight (when that scale arrives). Photos also work wonders. I was taking photos every four weeks. Now I do them every 12 weeks. I even put on the bathing suit to take the pics. Gives me a real visual of how I'm doing!

Kiks
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 08:31

Plan: Atkins/carb cycling
Stats: 168/143.5/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Good morning, Peg!
It sounds like you're doing great! I'll bet you can't wait for that scale; it'll be good to know exactly where you are and watch those pounds fall off
Have a wonderful day; I'll keep checking on you!
Julie
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 09:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/166/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Sounds like you are doing great!! It's fun to feel good about yourself, isn't it? I've only lost a few pounds but I changed my hair, my makeup and my attitude and I find that while they can't put their finger on it, people notice how much better and younger I look. It's an amazing feeling. Just because we are up there in years, doesn't mean we don't want to look and feel sexy and energetic!

d'lyn
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 09:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/166/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 51%

By the way, Peg. If you would like conversation with someone, just click on the Journal key at the bottom of their post. You can leave messages there. Everyone who has a journal usually checks it regularly. You need to start a journal so we can visit you also! Stop in and visit me! I don't necessarily write alot in my journal but I love hearing and responding from pther LCers.

d'lyn
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 11:21

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nets33
Good job!

We're not ignoring you... really!

Keep on doing what you're doing, it sounds like it's working for you. I'd suggest you take some measurements now so you can see the difference in inches as well as weight (when that scale arrives). Photos also work wonders. I was taking photos every four weeks. Now I do them every 12 weeks. I even put on the bathing suit to take the pics. Gives me a real visual of how I'm doing!

Kiks

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT. I'LL GET ON THOSE MEASUREMENT AND PICS. SOUNDS LIKE GOOD ADVICE. HAVE A GOOD DAY. PEG
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 11:23

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenclark
Good morning, Peg!
It sounds like you're doing great! I'll bet you can't wait for that scale; it'll be good to know exactly where you are and watch those pounds fall off
Have a wonderful day; I'll keep checking on you!
Julie

JULIE, THANKS FOR THE REPLY. YOUR ENCOURAGMENT MEANS A LOT TO ME. HAVE A GOOD DAY,. PEG
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-04, 06:01

BF:

Hi Everyone, Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Feel Good Today. Put On A Shirt That I Hadn't Worn Since Last Year And It Was Tight, It's Loose NoW . Sorry To Brag To All Of You Who Are Stalled, But I Can't Help It. If I Didn't Lose Another Pound I'd Still Be Happy Where I Am Because I Haven't FELT This GOOD For At Least 6 Years. FOR SOME REASON, UNLIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE I DON'T FEEL FAT,BUT THEM I LOOK IN THE MIRROR NAKED AND BOOM IT HITS ME. I Know I Have A Long Way To Go And I'M Not Quitting. Still No Scale, Should Be Here Any Day. I Keep Telling Myself That. I Guess I Should Call Them. It Was On Back Order For June 9th. Of Course That Was Only Yesterday. Patience........... But Anyway All Of You Who Are Stalled, Don't Quit. I Also Haven't Cheated, Except For Alcohol Tee Hee, Does That Count? Ha Ha. Have A Good And Successful Day. Peg

Last edited by toofattoo : Thu, Jun-10-04 at 06:19.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-04, 06:42
weighing in....

That's awsome Peg!

It feels great to do that! I put on a pair of pants that I haven't worn in two years this morning. They were a bit snug but I could button and zip them up!

And don't be ashamed to brag ! We're all here to support you.

Kiks
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-04, 08:47

BF:

Thanks, You Made My Day I Still Can't Access A Lot Of Things That Other People Can. How Many Messages Do You Have To Have To Do That. Also How Do You Do The GaLLERY? Thanks Peg
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-04, 10:41
weighing in....

You should be able to access all the options now.

To create a signature go to the upper left and click on "User CP". Below that (on the left side) there is an option to "edit signature".... you input and have to save your info there.

To create a journal or a photo gallery you enter into that area from the main menu. On the top there is a button for "New Thread". Click this and you will create your own journal or gallery. This will automatically link to your user name and the shortcut will be on the bottom of all your posts. Whatever you name your first post is what your journal or gallery is called.

Hope this helps! If you still have technical issues you can leave a message on the techincal quesions area (which is on the bottom of the home page).

K
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 09:53

BF:

Thanks Nets, I'm Going To Dig Out A Fat Picture Of Me, They Are All Fat Since About 1962. Ha,ha. So I Can Post Try To Post It And Then I'll Keep Posting My Progress. My Son Will Probably Have To Help Me. He's The Smart One On The Puter.your Info Was A Big Help. Thanks Again. Peg
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 07:07

BF:

Hi Everyone, Well, I found out writing in caps is a major booboo. My girlfriend e-mailed me and told me she heard it means your shouting and Bawdy Wench told me it's very confusing, so I will stop. I was just being lazy,not wanting to add caps where necessary, but I want you guys to read my journals, so thanks B.W. for the tip. I had a good week-end.l went to a wedding and all I ate was veggies. I didn't even have any cake. A friend of mine that was there told me that she can notice that I am dropping weight. Made my night. I also wore a blouse that I had'nt been able to wear since I bought it. I felt so good, I even got up and danced 2 fast dances and my hubby danced a slow dance with me. I haven't danced in years. Didn't have the ambition and I didn't think I could because of getting out of breath. I would have danced more if I had had someone to dance with. Ha.Ha. hubby has bad knees so he couldn't dance more than one. I reordered another scale, hopefully it will be here this week. See yas. Peg
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 07:42
weighing in....

Good for you!

Good for resisting that cake and good for fitting into that blouse ! Sounds like you had a good time at the wedding...

Have a great week,
Kiks