Sat, Sep-21-13, 06:25
Plan: Low Carb
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ready-meal ideas in Aust
Hi all, I hope this thread isn't a duplicate -- I did search for this but didn't find anything.
I'm aware there are more lc ready-meal options available in other countries, but not so much in Aust. We have lc options, but not really in the shape of a full meal.
My life is flat out right now, and trying to pre-make meals on a weekend for the week just isn't happening anymore. So instead of continuing to wait until I have time to pre-make a week of meals, I'm trying to find ready-meal options (or pretty close to ready-made).
These are my suggestions so far:
- pre-made Caesar Salad from supermarkets (leave out the croutons)
- can of Stagg Chili (only half at a time)
- half packet of Slim Pasta with a lc pasta sauce (the pasta comes pre-cooked so it's akin to cup-a-noodles where you just add hot water)
- a serving of a protein powder shaken with water/milk/cream
- a tub of Tabbouleh (careful of the brand - some have wheat products and others don't). Can add a tin of tuna for variety
- store-bought Charcoal Chicken sans stuffing with a green salad
- St Dalfour Fish Gourmet Salmon with vegies (skip the potatoes) avail from supermarkets
- Labrada ready-to-drink protein drink
I'm going to give a protein bar for breakfast a shot - but if I find I'm hungry afterwards I'll drop it.
Fingers crossed I can manage to eat healthy (healthIER at least - I believe whole foods are always the best) even though life is out of control right now.