Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-09-10, 00:01

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 232/197/170 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%
Cool Any Highschoolers on Here?

I'm a 17 year old guy from New York, and was wondering if there are any highschoolers on here? It is really tough sometimes when all your friends get to eat what ever they want, and when ever you eat a cookie you gain five pounds lol. I am sure all you guys on here can relate to how tough it is when you go out with your friends and they all order a burger and you get a salad. Football players are not supposed to eat salad It also doesnt help my school's cafeteria's only LC option is a plain salad with nothing on it.

But I know in the end it will be worth it, to be trim and sexy for prom and graduation. Started at 223 on November 1st and am now at an even 200, with no signs of slowing down
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-09-10, 01:27

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

OK, I'm not a highschooler and I'm not a guy ... I'm your great grandmother!! Anyhow, can you pick up your burger and just sort of suck the meat and cheese and mayo out of it and leave most of the bun behind? That's not quite as conspicuous as trashing the bun before you start to eat, and you just might get away with it not being noticed!

Good for you, taking control of your eating habits before they get too out of control. I wish you the very best of luck in your future!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-09-10, 01:39

Plan: Vegetarian LC
Stats: 148/137/132 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLuke
I'm a 17 year old guy from New York, and was wondering if there are any highschoolers on here? and you get a salad. Football players are not supposed to eat salad

I've also been told that salads and raw veg are for rabbits only.

It's been many moons since I've been to school but welcome onboard.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-09-10, 06:29

Plan: Grain-free Paleo/lowfiber
Stats: 110/155/170 Male 5.8''
BF:Not a concern
Progress: 75%

Here, a 17 year old in Junior year. I'm doing it for different reasons though.

That feeling of being different is something I always go through at lunch. Actually tonight I'm going out and wondering just how strange I'll look. But it's all worth it. =]
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 20:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/185/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hey Im not a guy but im an 18 year old. If you ever wanna chat is really cool just hit me up on here or on aim. I support you fully. This is my 5th or 6th time doing atkins and this time I plan to actually hit my goal weight and keep this woe for life.