Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1276   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-18, 10:32

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

DDS, not DSS. DDS (dear daughter that lives across the street).
Sponsored Links
  #1277   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-18, 18:03

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by niccofive
Okay before I do anything else, I literally guffawed out loud over this typo.

I definitely find bacon LOVELY all the time!!

OMG THAT is GREAT!!!!!! - thanks for the funny catch!- IT MUST BE TRUE!!!
  #1278   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-18, 03:41

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning All!

Not much happening here. Got my gray roots covered up yesterday and then came home and did my run/walk on my treadmill. I was planning to go outside, but the fog never lifted till after noon and it didn't get nice out until after 3 o'clock. I know me and I knew that I had to get my run done before that or it wouldn't get done.

This morning I am ready to head to boot camp in about an hour and then home to shower and veg out for the morning and then go to work from 1:30 - 5:30 this afternoon. A nice little shift. Tomorrow I work 8:45 - 4:15 and then I'm off until the following Monday. YAY! Friday night I'm going to go out with some girls from boot camp and some that no longer come to camp. Imagine me going out after dark?? I decided I need to do it. I have all these cute clothes that need wearing! I'm sure I'll be out about 2 hours and then be ready to come home. I'm a real party animal!

Ok gang....have a good Wednesday!
  #1279   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-18, 05:33

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI guys
reading along and again, loving what I do read

just into super busy mode right now

off to mom's in a bit to take her out shopping.

will catch up sooner than later have a fab day all!!
  #1280   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-18, 05:51

BF:

OK- I forgot to buy coffee yesterday. So I rummaged in my travel bag and found 3 packets of Folgers instant.
It's just not the same. URGHHHHHHH- I am thinking about stopping to buy a cup on my way to work.

KMOM- wow what work into your young gal! Personally I don't believe anyone is beyond repair! Well I take that back- there have been a few people I would say have achieved that title- but they are far and few. Your SD- however is very lucky to have you.
Does she type? Maybe learning another way of communicating would serve her well?!
It's amazing what love will do for her!

I am not doing my water this week- yesterday was 2

Leeann- you sound busy! I was pleased to read you are still doing MOW. you haven't said much about that lately.
Are you getting Spring time ready? You have such a pretty back yard! Do you have landscapers?

How is the WOE going? Whats on your menu?

Blue- How is your week going? I know you and KMOM- got socked in yesterday with really nasty weather! Hopefully you will start to thaw!!!!!!
I know the up and down emotional roller coster! Just focus on today! Make it a great one!

Trig- missing you!

Lori
- I thought your post was very fun to read! Have fun with your PEEPS- Don't party to hard!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
So very glad you are back to bootcamp! It feels like your "center".
--------------------------------------------------------
I am definitely stopping for a coffee run before work. slight headache now. I am a true coffee junkie! Gotta have it. How I let that slide by me is jaw dropping.

Yesterday was really really busy. Seemed I had someone sitting down beside me to chat all day. I'm serious. When I said something about that- someone spoke up and said you are our mother hen!
Oh thanks I say! We mean that in a good way- they said.

Huh- I don't know if I was complimented or not. HAHAHAHAHAH- oh well I have been called worse.

Made a super big mess of eggs and sausage scramble yesterday. I will take a scoop of that for lunch- no cheese. I will top it with a spoonful of salsa.

Sorta glad the boss gone another day. She stresses the crap out of me. I sure hope my staff doesn't think the same way about me!

Gotta roll! - Have a great day-
Count down is one- 23 days. Hired some movers yesterday!
  #1281   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-18, 07:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

KMom- I am SO GLAD that you wrote that out and shared it with us, about your SSD. I was deeply moved and I gave me great insight into what you have been facing and doing, and what you are continuing to do. You are an amazingly strong woman.

Maybe try laminating the cards?

Lori- You sound fired up and ready to roar! Once you get out you will have a good time, even if it is in the evening!

Trig- Missing your input but glad you are reading along.

Blue- Hope all is well and you just got busy!

Jaz- IMO the Mother Hen thing was a compliment. You are the Mama of the group and they come to you. That is good until of course you become more therapist or friend than boss! Fine line there but it seems they respect you and work well for you. Your boss could learn a thing or two!

Twenty three days!! Wow! Very exciting!

••••••••••••••••

Lots going on here in preparation for departure. I got a LOT done yesterday- took the liberty of putting a CASA visit on the tail end of my MOW route, which meant I didn't get back to the MOW office until it was closed, but it saved me a trip tomorrow, which I sorely needed. So both volunteer jobs were done yesterday.

Today I have a long list of things to tick off, the most time consuming being writing the court report. But then I will start to feel home free and can move into vacation mode!

It was really nice yesterday- actually bordering on hot! 78 degrees which is just completely bizarre for February and especially given Saturday's snowfall. Warm again today. It is looking to actually be HOT at Universal next week, with temps in the high 80s. What the heck?! I could never actually live in Florida. I was thinking a nice 75.

Anyway, lots to do! On plan yesterday and today and some of tomorrow and then I'll be winging it with half on, half off vacation mode.
  #1282   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-18, 16:57

BF:

Oh Leeann- I could SOOOOOOOO live in Florida. The only concern of course is the hurricanes. But Atlanta got a hurricane last year- first ever- go figure.
I know you will have a great time! How many days, a week? Are you going to all 4 theme parks? My son really really wants to go to Lego land and Harry Potter. I sorta do too! But this year????$$$$$-

Did you get any deals? Are you staying in the park? I am just wanting info! Who all is going? Are you driving or flying? Nosy aren't I!!!!!

Personals above! See Post!

Well I lost 4 people in the office today to the flu- meaning they all went home. Dropping like flys. told them to STAY HOME tomorrow. we are now running on skeleton crew. Can't afford for anyone else to be sick.

You been watching the Olympics? The only thing I watch is skating!

Sloppy Joe- LCI made- pretty good! Really watching EVERY PENNY until they stop taking a speculum to my bank account and money.

The very first thing I will buy- the DAY I move in? A BIG AZZZZZ GRILL- Yes Ma'am! I had money set aside for a washer and dryer- she left hers- only a couple years old- Kenmore! SWEET!!!!!!

I drove past it on my way home- all the daffodils are in bloom!
I am so ready! Can't even contain myself. Nobody on top of me- coming into my place for "routine" maintenance while I am not home. Got a note in my door- maintenance is coming in tomorrow for another routine check on some dam thing. SICK OF IT. 3 weeks!

I am going to kick back tonight- tired!!!!!

ON PLAN

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Feb-21-18 at 18:13.
  #1283   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-18, 18:21

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

I have been felled by the awful flu. Just wanted to check in and say hi. Can't remember the last time I felt this crappy. Have slept on and off all day long. Was feeling fine yesterday morning, and by 3pm I was quaking w/the chills and the body aches. Really comes on fast, which is why I know it's the flu, not just a cold.

Will read back when I fell better, and be back when I feel better. Hope everyone else is healthy and doing well.
  #1284   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-18, 18:28

BF:

Oh No, BLUE!! You poor thing! I am so sorry. Rest up and drink lots of fluids!

Jaz- We'll be on the cruise for 3 nights (Bahamas) and then just the two Universal parks, no Disney parks. We are staying onsite at Universal.

Yup, flying in. I don't mind driving but we don't want to waste a day each way on that. We use points to fly so the flight is free for us.

Sloppy Joes sound really good. Yum! I want to try that some time soon. DS16 doesn't like sloppy joes but I would totally eat it.

You would want to live in FL? Not me! No big bugs and roaches, please! And I don't mind warm weather but I'm not a big fan once it gets to upper 80s and 90s with high humidity. I don't like that any more than I like weather in the 20s and 30s. I'm happy in the 50-75 range.

Sounds like sickness is sweeping your office! Do your best to stay well. I am excited that you drove by your house! Yay!
  #1285   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-18, 18:47

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Monday: Blue 3/3, Jaz 7/5, KMom 5/5
Tuesday: Blue PASS, Jaz 2/5, KMom 5/5

Keep trying. Every day is a new day to hydrate!
  #1286   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-18, 19:09

BF:
Progress:

Blue:
Ugh! Man, that came on fast and hard! Chills and body aches. Yuck! Get some good rest and drink lots of water. Same old advice, but true. ~ Man, we have a ton of snow coming on Saturday. As of today it says 6-10 inches. Plus 3-5 tomorrow. It can change...and does quite often, but it seems like Saturday will be a snowy one for sure.

Nic:
Fun to read about your trip. Glad you were able to get those two things done at the same time...CASA visit and MOW. Did you get the court report written? If so, happy you are in vacation mode planning! ~ Thanks for the idea about laminating the cards. When she is in a dark place, I think she would just use scissors. But it's a good idea. Tomorrow is the day of the meeting. I am more hopeful this time. Will keep you posted. ~ Have a great time on your cruise and visiting the Universal parks.

Jaz:
I can just picture you driving by your house! Looking at it and thinking....THAT IS MY HOUSE! Love that the first thing you are getting is a grill. I used mine a lot two years ago, but not so much this last summer. Everything has been different since the A-Fib saga started. I want to use it again this summer. Let me know what make on it. ~ Sorry the office staff is dwindling, but good advice to tell them to stay home!

Lori:
You are getting quite a few hours lately at work. Glad the days are going better overall. You must feel so much more confident with what you need to do. ~ Have fun with your big night on the town...AFTER DARK!

Trig:
I hope you had a good and productive day with your mom. I am sorry I can't remember....when is hubby's last day of work?

Me:
Everything good here. Just finished working with my little "Tibetan Wonder!" She is so smart and an eager learner! I love working with her. She tested very high a couple of weeks ago! And that is with limited English!

I am watching Amazing Race tonight. I think it is the finale. I only typically watch two TV programs....Amazing Race and Survivor.

Good day on my woe. Tried a new recipe yesterday. Parmesan Chicken with Creamy Bacon Sauce. Very good, but I still think Chicken Lazone is my favorite. Had too much zucchini. Checked the carb count. Gotta be more careful. Had granola for lunch, but gagged it down. Just wasn't up for it, but I was hungry and I needed the fiber. Big time fiber with this granola. Had another one of the chicken breasts from yesterday for dinner, with six, did you hear it...SIX...slices of zucchini. CapD lately and it feels good. Have not walked for a couple of days, mostly because of the cold weather and snow. This is when my treadmill is going to come in very handy!

Hang in there my BLCFF!

K-Mom 10x4
  #1287   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-18, 19:45

BF:

KMOM- I did GREAT today water- 6/5 and still going! I went out to get water!

I do drive by my house and the neighborhood. Got waved at by 2 people looks to be in their early 70's - I am in a SENIOR complex!

I will take it over screaming stomping children ANY DAY!!!!!! THANK GOODNESS- I am in a neighborhood of retired people. Totally good with it. Means I can stay forever!

Packed some more- emptied out 3 cabinets in kitchen and entire spare closet. If push came to shove could be out in couple hours now- ready. Just stuff actively using out- rest packed. Ready to roll....
Read all my articles for the next chapter...... always something's now 9- I can kick back
  #1288   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 04:54

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

The start of a rainy period for us today. I think we have rain from now right thru the weekend. Things are getting pretty soggy around here. I'd rather have that than the snow Blue & KMom are getting. Stay safe up there girls!

Blue...so sorry the flu bug has caught up to you. Best thing to do is rest and not be afraid to go to the ER if things get worse. This bug is not to be messed with. Take care.

Jaz....I would love to live in a retirement community! Nice & peaceful and quiet. Sounds like you are packed and ready to roll.

Nic...what a fun trip you have coming up! When do you leave? I'm sure you have posted that, but I don't remember.

I'm expecting a fairly low key day at work today, but who knows? We do get a truck in today and sometimes that means stuff to put away for me, but often it doesn't make extra work. The guys in the warehouse have to come in at 3:45AM on truck days. They unload and put all the security sensors on the items etc before they come out to the floor. Now that's a job!

Day off of exercise today and then tomorrow is a longer run/walk session. Really want to go outside for that, but don't think I want to do it in the rain.

Will check in later!
  #1289   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 05:22

BF:

OMG- is it Saturday yet? I am so frekin tired I feel like a zombie. I can't wait to SLEEP!!!!

Blue- I hope you are feeling better? This flu crap is NO joke!

Lori- How you are able to work in the public and not have gotten the flu bug is beyond me! Hope you have a great day. I walked a little yesterday!

KMOM- So things are good now with SD? Is she with you now? Your chicken sounds REALLY good!
Eating good really does FEEL amazing doesn't it?

Water Thurs- 5/5- YAY me!

Trig- Where are you?

Leeann- your trip sounds like alot of fun! Are you and the hubby going? No kids? That would be even better!

I am still waiting for you to show us your dress!
-----------------------------------------
Holding steady! No eating blips. Just need to move more! I sit for LONG stretches in the day- EVERYDAY! Not good. I work in a cube farm- and come home and sit in front of the computer for school.

Yes I do drive by my new house and think- OH .... That is mine! I drive by it on my way to work- I pass it. It is in a great location. Still in Duluth- it's only about 6-7 minutes from where I am now. Just in a neighborhood. Can't wait to get outta these apts. DONE with a capital D.

Not sure about food today- Need to hit up the grocery. I have tuna for lunch- and my waters-

Great day all- stay healthy
  #1290   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 05:31

BF:

Hi Ladies-

Ugh! Ugh ugh ugh! I had pre-trip jitters and my mind was just RACING last night. I slept about an hour and a half and was up from 1:30 AM on and finally just gave up and got up. I hate that!

I think it is because there are so many moving pieces going on here. Different people coming and staying at different points, not being here to walk my MIL through things and show her how to operate things etc. I left a note by the dishwasher, a note by the TV remotes etc. A note about feeding the dogs but DS16 is supposed to do that bc MIL messed up the medicines last time, but I don't feel confident that he is going to remember to do it. Did I say UGH?

I know once I go it will be fine but in the meantime!!

I did get all the stuff done yesterday that needed to be done, including the court report, so that's good. This morning I need to get DS up and out to school, get packed up, have my DH help me clean up a little bit- stuff like that.

Lori- Hope your work day goes well and smoothly today. We have the rain coming also. I expect there will be a lot of muddy paw prints around when I come back!

Jaz- Wow, you are a packing queen! Well done!

KMom- We didn't get to see the Amazing Race finale last night, so don't tell! We will have to save it for when we get back. I watch that and we watch Survivor also. I do watch other shows as well though- not many but a few.

Speaking of, I have been watching the Marvelous Mrs Maisel and I have one episode left to go. It is good!

Finished a book last night. I love my Kindle so much. It is great for being able to read in the dark when I can't sleep! I've got two books I've been especially looking forward to reading over vacation ready to go, plus many more.

Hugs to all!!
Closed Thread